Chelsea v Southampton (PL) Sat 2nd Oct KO 15:00 BST

We made the game harder and we had to fix it by ourselves. Thankfully we succeed to find the 2nd goal and only when we conceded the penalty and Ward Prowse got sent off, then we turned up in the game.

It seems like our tactics and movements are known to every team and it's easy to read us, Tuchel should work on something fresh.

Still an important win and happy that Werner has scored and Chilwell has fixed his mistake. Let's hope City and Liverpool will lose points.

COME ON CHELS!!!

1 minute ago, Munkworth said:

He’ll just have to fight too. This is actually a great problem. 

True, but I can only see this season getting away from him. He needs to adapt to a league that the other two are already comfortable with. It will be very hard to do that with limited opportunities. It feels like a waste of time bringing him here in all honesty.

Just now, Gol15 said:

Still firmly belive that our back 3 tactic isn't working anymore, we struggled against Southampton at home.

We didn't struggle.  Game should have been 5 to 1.  Bad officiating kept Southampton in it.

Chilly made an unfortunate mistake that allowed the penalty.  Dumb mistake but they did not break down the defense.

What a game. 

We should've scored at least another one in the first half. For most of the time in second half we were really poor and if it wasn't for that red card I doubt we would win this. But 3 points are in the bag and that is what matters.

Great subs from Tuchel today, all of them made instant impact to the game. 

Just now, Scott Harris said:

True, but I can only see this season getting away from him. He needs to adapt to a league that the other two are already comfortable with. It will be very hard to do that with limited opportunities. It feels like a waste of time bringing him here in all honesty.

It's either him or letting Conor rot. I really don't want Conor not even getting game time

Just now, Valpo said:

We didn't struggle.  Game should have been 5 to 1.  Bad officiating kept Southampton in it.

Chilly made an unfortunate mistake that allowed the penalty.  Dumb mistake but they did not break down the defense.

We definitely struggled, it was 1:1 till the red card came in our favor. Non-negotiable.

Important win 

Good overall performance, with a dodgy period in the second half

The changes freshened the team up, all the players coming in contributed 

Chilwell had a good game despite his ludicrous challenge for the penalty 

RLC looks good again 

Chalobah again impressed, good anticipation for the goal

Timo got a deserved goal, his performance was good

Red card changed things VAR correct, Jorgi doing his Platoon impression

Good to see Thomas using his squad, freshness is needed for a long season

Top of League

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

RLC & Barkley being two injury prone players may help him?

1 minute ago, Scott Harris said:

Don't forget that Barkley can be amazing one day and a disaster the other and Ruben is often injured so is Kanté, its a long season and Saul is much better than what we have seen against Villa, i'm not counting him out yet.

7 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Still firmly belive that our back 3 tactic isn't working anymore, we struggled against Southampton at home.

We have conceded 3 goals in the league this season, two of them penalties. I don't know where you are getting the idea from that it's not working. The struggle today came from a very dodgy VAR call and a rare mistake defensively from Chilwell. Overall, we were good, especially when you consider the fact that the first 11 featured so many squad players.

Edited by Scott Harris