Brentford v Chelsea (PL) Sat 16th Oct KO 17:30 BST

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I doubt Brentford gave many away during this 2 weeks, so do we best select a side with as many as possible who are not away also and have more time to work with TT, such as:

Mendy

Chalobah

Christensen

Rudiger

James

RLC

Kante

Chilwell

Werner

Lukaku

CHO

So 5 away on internationals, 1 of which is mendy so hardly counts towards prep. Whole midfield will be staying at Cobham.

Or do we say internationals will make us sharper than 2 weeks of no games and go with a mainly international side?

Mendy

Christensen 

Silva

Ruidger

Dave

Kova

Jorgi

Chilwell

Mount

Lukaku

Werner

Taking us to only Chilwell who is not away.

Thoughts?

At least not a lunch time kick off, or we'd be f* for sure. Just like Southampton, this is the type of game not to get too tactical and play more direct. I think it will be a very similar line up to Saturday, Mount in for CHO, hopefully captain American finally wakes up and get a cameo.

13 hours ago, The Brit said:

Who would have thought we’d have reason to worry about going to Brentford? But the form they’re in and this being the first game after the international break…going to be really tough me thinks.

Indeed. I think this is a good thing though. Would rather approach it like this than all complacent. Also their impressive start has caught the attention of the media… maybe enough to inhibit them to a degree and redistribute some of the pressure from us onto them. Let’s win this! 

7 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Will be no Silva. He plays the last game for Brazil at 130 am Thursday UK time. 

TT has ruled him out due to this and travel.

Christensen will need to go all out against Toney. Arguably the most physical striker next to Lukaku. 

If we think this is bad wait til next season when the world cup takes place in the middle of the f**king season. May as well play 2 mini seasons for the amount of injured/ fatigued players coming back that the first half of the season will be a completely different story to the second half. I hate international football (being an Ireland supporter does not help the cause either)

Like all newly promoted teams they will be one hit wonders first time around, so they are stacking up the points from the first half of the season. They have surprised everyone so far, however the better sides will work them out 2nd time around.  They play high intensity football so we'd better not be slow out the blocks as we normally are following an international break.   Would not be surprised if we slip up here and drop a couple of points unless we can get out in front early; we certainly can't be giving them early chances and have to claw our way back into the game.   1-1 or 1-3 Chelsea

1 hour ago, CFCCAN said:

Like all newly promoted teams they will be one hit wonders first time around, so they are stacking up the points from the first half of the season. They have surprised everyone so far, however the better sides will work them out 2nd time around.  They play high intensity football so we'd better not be slow out the blocks as we normally are following an international break.   Would not be surprised if we slip up here and drop a couple of points unless we can get out in front early; we certainly can't be giving them early chances and have to claw our way back into the game.   1-1 or 1-3 Chelsea

Or perhaps 3-1 Brentford.

20 hours ago, Munkworth said:

There was some FIFPro report about players being overworked and it would be beneficial if they could only play a certain number of games in a batches. How about we just drop international football forever? That’d help. 

International football sucks anyway. We all know people get excited only when they qualify for the knockout stages. 

I sincerely think nobody gives a feck about England beating San Marino 12-0

49 minutes ago, Deino said:

International football sucks anyway. We all know people get excited only when they qualify for the knockout stages. 

I sincerely think nobody gives a feck about England beating San Marino 12-0

I couldn’t give a sh*t full stop. I just can’t get behind a collection of arseholes I spend all season hating. 

51 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Odds are we won't be conceding 3 goals by a lower-end team, not in the near future at least.

WBA managed 5, at the Bridge, and they were garbage against almost everyone else. Brentford are better than them and it is a derby as well.

Cannot take them lightly.