Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sat 15th Jan 2022 12:30 GMT

3 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Yep, it used to be something special, now it's a common occurence, same with winning the league with 30+ wins.

I think ourselves, United and Liverpool need to get a reality check because we are not being outspent and have squads that should be competitive with City. The money we are wasting on guys who don't have the drive and guta is criminal really. 

In all honesty i think this game just confirms our tactics have been found out.. we have bought loads of goals in werner lukaku and havertz.. they have great records of scoring in their leagues and NTs... ziyech used to be ok and mount very productive.. 

The fact is TT needs to move away from his 3 at the back.. its very frustrating atleast for me to see the 3 at the back.. under Conte we struggled to score when hazard wasnt at it.. same with Tuchel.. there is a reason why we are the only top team in the world who plays a back 3-- its TOO TOO passive to win a league where you need to score.. 

I dont know is TT is afraid of playing the 4 or he thinks he doesnt have the personal to do it.. He was a back 4 coach but now he seems to have convinced himself that it wont work.. I hope to see changes now.. The PL is about top 4 and for that we need to beat the bottom dweller and he needs to take more chances.. 

We are so far behind City it’ll take a while to get closer.

Going forward we are mid-table quality.

We overhit simple passes, don’t pass forward quickly enough.

Things City and Liverpool are way ahead with.

Need to make sure we finish in the top 4 now.

We look tired and are constantly playing where as Arsenal get players sent off, send players out on loan and get rewarded by the Premier League by getting tomorrow postponed and a chance to get players back and rest.

With the teams below us all having games in hand on us and better game schedules than us it could be a tough to stay in the top 4.

1 minute ago, Chelsbear said:

I think ourselves, United and Liverpool need to get a reality check because we are not being outspent and have squads that should be competitive with City. The money we are wasting on guys who don't have the drive and guta is criminal really. 

And there's no guaranteed formula for success, City have managed to get a great coach and a blend of players that suit how he wants to play the game perfectly. Are Klopp or Tuchel as good as Guardiola? - not sure but it would be interesting if they had the opportunity to put together a team exactly as they'd want it  

4 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

That's what pissed me off the most. We played them 3 times under Tuchel without any fear, both times we played them this season it was the complete opposite. We were never in the game today, it was only because of decent defending from the back 3 that we stopped City scoring earlier.

Nope, in the league last year when we won we got absolutely slaughtered but got lucky. 

We actually played much better today in far more difficult circumstances.

Honestly today everything went as I expected, I want a bit more pressure and better forwad play will be great, other than that it was ok.

We just coceeded a basic goal, it was a save that I expect from any pl level gk let alone chelsea level.

3 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

And who is going to pick the replacements?

Ideally it'd be the manager but knowing the way we operate it'll be the board/Marina and those players will have to be 'accomodated'

I kinda miss the Emenalo signings tbh. There was some immediate performance expectation.

1 minute ago, Bob stark said:

We just coceeded a basic goal, it was a save that I expect from any pl level gk let alone chelsea level.

yeah the ball was from outside the box.. that was the only place he could place it.. and kepa couldnt save it.. it couldnt have come at a worse time for us.. 

3 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

And there's no guaranteed formula for success, City have managed to get a great coach and a blend of players that suit how he wants to play the game perfectly. Are Klopp or Tuchel as good as Guardiola? - not sure but it would be interesting if they had the opportunity to put together a team exactly as they'd want it  

Sadly won't happen at Chelsea, Jose was aparantly promised this on his second stint and if he doesn't get it no one does. 

It's a shame as Tuchel is a talented and gifted coach however when things turn here there is no way back. 

The formula of sacking and hiring has brought us leagues and European titles so I don't see it changing sadly. 

5 minutes ago, PhilH930 said:

For context, that is 1W in last 5 played.  Only Watford, Burnley and Norwich have fewer wins, and only Newcastle, Leeds Palace and Everton equal that.

Atleast we crossed 40 points. We drop enough points in a couple of months that teams like City drop in a season. We're a level below in long term tactics & more importantly self-belief against them.

You know I don't think very highly of Kepa, but to blame him for this defeat is just way too harsh. Yes, he didn't really get the technique right, and Mendy would've probably saved that one, but nonetheless it was a good shot and you can never leave De Bruyne that open, as it always results in a goal.

Don't forget Kepa saved a certain goal in the first half. He also looked pretty confident and I wasn't shaking when he was called into action. A bright spot for me today.

We played with 8 defenders and 3 forward players - of which we put 2 of them on the opposite side of where they play naturally.

Tuchel is our UCL winning coach and deserves massive respect for that.. but he was scared and that was felt by players too..

I think TT should get a lot of the blame for over thinking and over managing it... in some games one needs to keep it simple.. 

5 minutes ago, carrickblue said:

it's as though we had more freedom last year when there wasn't really an expectation of beating them

They play like champions when they win the title. Our performances dip after we win anything. We play our best when we're the underdogs & surprise the opposition. Our last league title & 2 CL wins are testament to it.

8 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Come on now, we all know Kepa will never save longshots. Any shot outside the box will score against Kepa

34 minutes ago, timetowaste said:

How’s he going to show up when our other donkeys don’t see the runs he’s making? Our wide players were totally hopeless today and are far more to blame than Lukaku was. 

He could not f**k up about 5 counter attacking chances with a sh*t touch or he could press the defender and make a nuisance of himself like Diego Costa would.

Ziyech and Pulisic were poor but the difference is they get held to account, Lukaku will get rewarded with another 90 on Tuesday.

Edited by Argo

13 minutes ago, Deino said:

Come on now, we all know Kepa will never save longshots. Any shot outside the box will score against Kepa

Harsh but we really need to learn from the mistake of the FA Cup final last year and be ruthless with the keeper selection.. 

Edited by Argo