Gabriel Jesus

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

As mentioned in the random rumor thread, Ornstein has confirmed Jesus wants to leave this summer and has spoken with Arsenal representatives and is interested in joining. 

Not to be melodramatic, but I genuinely fear Arsenal will be a force with Gabriel Jesus. Should new ownership be confirmed relatively soon, we should be looking at hijacking this deal similar to Willian.  He'll be available for below market value. Knows the league. He presses, he passes, he dribbles, he draws fouls, he can play people in, and he's deceptively good in the air. 

FFS do not let him go to Arsenal. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

On 24/04/2022 at 21:31, Sconnie Blue said:

As mentioned in the random rumor thread, Ornstein has confirmed Jesus wants to leave this summer and has spoken with Arsenal representatives and is interested in joining. 

Not to be melodramatic, but I genuinely fear Arsenal will be a force with Gabriel Jesus. Should new ownership be confirmed relatively soon, we should be looking at hijacking this deal similar to Willian.  He'll be available for below market value. Knows the league. He presses, he passes, he dribbles, he draws fouls, he can play people in, and he's deceptively good in the air. 

FFS do not let him go to Arsenal. 

Really not a bad option if we can sell Lukaku. Not a prolific scorer but would fit into Tuchel's system perfectly. There will be better winger options than striker options for us next season. 

• 2 weeks later...

• 5 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, nonotnowjim said:

45mil for a striker that is acclimatised to the EPL, is a proven goal scorer and great at pressing....

Seems like decent value to me.

And too good to be true. 

Diario AS is 4th Tier in Spain so probably a non story. 

2 hours ago, Sconnie Blue said:

And too good to be true. 

Diario AS is 4th Tier in Spain so probably a non story. 

only 12 months left on his contract though, and city have signed Haaland, and Julio Alvarez, so im sure he would be available for a decent price, although whether that price would be offered to us remains to be seen! 

3 minutes ago, big blue said:

only 12 months left on his contract though, and city have signed Haaland, and Julio Alvarez, so im sure he would be available for a decent price, although whether that price would be offered to us remains to be seen! 

Sterling is in the same boat. It would bot surprise me to see both run down their deals to pocket more money for a move, though Gabriel sounds close to an arsenal move.

3 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

45mil for a striker that is acclimatised to the EPL, is a proven goal scorer and great at pressing....

Good at pressing, but I am not impressed by his goalscoring numbers. He's been a regular starter at City for a while now and has failed to register double figures for goals in the league for the past 2 seasons, and his best is 14 goals. That's not good enough for where we want to be and I suspect it's the reason why City are happy to sell him to another Premier League team.

10 hours ago, nonotnowjim said:

I don't know about that proven goal scorer statement.

He's more of a false 9 link up player if that's the right definition. Firmino type than an out and out scorer. He would allow others to score more easily but our wingers aren't exactly prolific. I don't know how comfortable I am making wingbacks our main threat again.

Not a fan. 
Been saying for the last couple of seasons without Aguero City has no decent striker.
Or last season that the only thing city is missing is a good striker.
If he would come to us, then this would also apply to Chelsea. 

Dont think City will do business with us anyway, after all on our day we could challenge them, the same can't be said about Arsenal. We were linked with Sterling a couple of weeks ago, then gone quiet, now we get dragged into Jesus, pretty sure will end up in nothing. He's a good player, but " call me" goal celebration it's a good wind up.