Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2022/23

Jezz

3 hours ago, DarkMata said:

So Utd and Liverpool are up for sale.  Please let it be some corrupt money leaching billionaires that buy ‘em.  If a couple of Middle Eastern states buy those 2 the state owned top 4 will be set for the next 50 years.  Might as well join the European super league.

Not heard any links on who is after Pool but Sir Jim Ratcliff is apparently the front runner for his boyhood United and he is worth 40bill.

18 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Not heard any links on who is after Pool but Sir Jim Ratcliff is apparently the front runner for his boyhood United and he is worth 40bill.

Never know if Ratcliffe is ever really serious with these links.  Seems like a billionaire equivalent of a tyre kicker to me.  Not like he’s spent much at at Lille anyway.  Apple linked this afternoon.  To be honest Utd have never been short of money.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

We have too many games as it is and this guy is going to add another tournament. Why does FIFA keep putting these people in control?

I agree with your general point but i actually think this is a good idea.

Instead of the one tournament every year instead one in four years, and it will actually mean winning it will be a huge deal (as being world champions should) given the competition in it.

Apparently Liverpool that "never has money" has agreed to sign Enzo Fernandez next year for his full buyout clause of 100m.

Still hoping it's not true but I'm already pissed off 

angry looney tunes GIF

Edited by Gol15

9 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Apparently Liverpool that "never has money" has agreed to sign Enzo Fernandez next year for his full buyout clause of 100m.

Still hoping it's not true but I'm already pissed off 

angry looney tunes GIF

Yeah both Argentina and Portugal sources are claiming his agent is working with Liverpool reps. 😞

Think its due to Bellingham preferring a move to Real. 

Edited by Sconnie Blue

36 minutes ago, enigma said:

Interesting how Newcastle went from where they were last season to this season all of a sudden being top four contenders. Makes it more unfathomable how we struggled to challenge in previous seasons given the players at our disposal. 

Sometimes it’s all about momentum. Newcastle have got it massively at the moment. 

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Sometimes it’s all about momentum. Newcastle have got it massively at the moment. 

Just don't see our 4 places chances looking good. I think the top 3 end as Arsenal, City and Newcastle, leaving us to track down Spurs, Liverpool and united. Very unlikely.

9 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not really mate. We had flaws in our squad, did not fix them, and made poor signings that only made for furthering a poor group.

That is all thanks Tuchel. The big money signings never seem to work, Newcastle have taken a very smart approach. Botman & Guimaraes would have improved us massively, and they both cost the same amount we spent on competition in Cucurella.

19 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Not really mate. We had flaws in our squad, did not fix them, and made poor signings that only made for furthering a poor group.

Yeah fair enough there are flaws in the squad….but 9th position and terrible performances flaws? Massively underperforming.