Manchester City vs Chelsea (FA Cup) Sat 20th April 2024 17:15 GMT

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Bob stark said:

If I am poch I will be hesitant. What I have in sub is ill steeling, not fit Chilwell, not fit chuku and Mudryk 

The alternative is do nothing and we lose anyway, or make 2 changes after goal down with 2 or 3 minutes go go 🫢

6 hours ago, ALTE said:

No sorry. I understand you are upset about the loss but thats absolute tripe. Jackson is 22 years old being asked to play in a position which is not his favoured in his very first season in the toughest domestic league in the world.  Hes a very promising player and formiddable on the wing. His finishing lets him down at times but he has all the potential to be an important part of out squad going forward. Dundee or tranmere 😆, you are confusing jackson for broja.

I thought I was being generous. @just wpuld bench him for for his ex pats Sunday league team 

9 hours ago, just said:

I'm really not sure what Cucurella is. But he sure isn't a defender. Tuchel landed us with some God awful signings and "The Poodle" is right up there with the worst.

Let's not forget Guardiola wanted him too. So TT is not the only top coach Cucu made a fool out of. Difference is we shelled out the 60+ mill that Brighton wanted.

6 hours ago, Dr. Socrates said:

Yes, Jackson was utterly dreadful. Madueke did nothing of note. Enzo was struggling. Gallagher was barely involved. But Mudryk, man. That free kick at the end will be seared in my brain for ever. 

Totally agree with you about that ‘wasted’ (diplomatic word) free kick at the end. It’s simply football basics. And not to waste a free kick or a corner, is football basics for Under 12s. 😡

38 minutes ago, Bebe1980 said:

Apologies if already posted, how did Greallish get away with this?

image.png.a7b9cd448080b57d12b443b044224197.png

Grealish handball inside the penalty area and the ball went out for a corner. That should have been a stonewall penalty for Chelsea.

Greallish clearly brings his arm and hand down to deflect the ball !!!

Totally agree. How many penalties have been given for less than that incident?

And by that, I mean given this  weekend alone at the senior level of English football! 

9 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Unlucky for both Cucurella and Silva on the goal. 

Marc throws himself at the shot and it happens to deflect past Silva and in, rather than wide.

And Marc had missed the ball, would have Silva blocked it. Hmm.

Yes ... that was my take watching it again this morning as well. City had a lucky deflection for their goal basically ... 

We've been missing that vital ingredient "luck" on more than a few occasions this season ... 

33 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Yes ... that was my take watching it again this morning as well. City had a lucky deflection for their goal basically ... 

We've been missing that vital ingredient "luck" on more than a few occasions this season ... 

The deflection was unlucky but Cucurella should have picked up Silva who was in acres of space behind him. But as usual he was drawn to the ball rather than marking his man. 

Couldn't be bothered to check the whole thread but as far as a penalty incident, the real shocker was that they missed it altogether. People arguing whether it was a pen or not are missing the most important detail. Oliver gave it a GOAL KICK TO CITY, which means he didn't see the actual handball, and neither did the assistant referee, otherwise they would have to give it to us for the CORNER KICK or pointed to the spot for a pen. At least the ref on the pitch and the assistant ref can be forgiven for missing it in real time without the advantage of replay, but what were they smoking in the VAR room that they failed to see the ball hitting Grealish's arm, I'd never know.

I'd demand an explanation from Oliver and especially from the clowns in charge of the VAR on that occasion. People should be demoted for this type of f**kups.

Think criticism of cucu based on this game is way off the mark. 
Jackson was selfish as well as bad finishing. 
‘but my biggest knock  is why Enzo was even on the pitch. Did very little from what I could see and unbalanced the team. 

the only thing  i will criticise  from yesterday  is why Poch has not yet found a way to score  playing Jackson upfront  has been proven over and over again  not to work   so why keep doing it ? a good coach  finds alternative ways to play to enable his team to win .  Poch  does not know how to do it  that is why I say bye bye Poch    

48 minutes ago, ozboy said:

Think criticism of cucu based on this game is way off the mark. 
Jackson was selfish as well as bad finishing. 
‘but my biggest knock  is why Enzo was even on the pitch. Did very little from what I could see and unbalanced the team. 

And apparently is playing through a hernia. Oh and Gallagher and Caicedo paired up well in the last game.

13 minutes ago, dellaw said:

the only thing  i will criticise  from yesterday  is why Poch has not yet found a way to score  playing Jackson upfront  has been proven over and over again  not to work   so why keep doing it ? a good coach  finds alternative ways to play to enable his team to win .  Poch  does not know how to do it  that is why I say bye bye Poch    

Whatever system you use require somebody to play as st and somebody willing and able to make vertical run. 

Who in our team can do this? 

So you can complain about his lack of finishing but Jackson will again start next week.

10 minutes ago, dellaw said:

If we all put aside our thoughts about management style, personality, recruitment and talent ID, and focus purely on tactical acuity and in game management, I firmly believe Tuchel wins that game even with the players on the pitch and bench on the day. I think he sees where City's weaknesses are on the day and adjusts his own tactics and personnel to exploit this. I'm not convinced Poch even sees it. I'm not sure he is trying to exploit the opposition but rather striking whilst still protecting himself. Hence if you take out Jackson's cock ups we made very little out of the numerous other opportunities that came our way. I still believe we could have been out of sight by HT.

2 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

Whatever system you use require somebody to play as st and somebody willing and able to make vertical run. 

Who in our team can do this? 

So you can complain about his lack of finishing but Jackson will again start next week.

Mudryk would be no worse playing off of the shoulder than Jackson and there is a fair chance he would be a lot better.

Edited by WhiteWall

1 minute ago, WhiteWall said:

Mudryk would be no worse playing off of the shoulder than Jackson and there is a fair chance he would be a lot better.

It's like trying to decide which of the Weather Girls you want to see in a bikini

23 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

Mudryk can't do this, his instinct is always about coming towards the ball. 

50 minutes ago, dellaw said:

I'd be amazed if they hadn't looked at all sorts of options in training during the season.

As it stands, Jackson starts because he is a better option up front than Palmer, Madueke, Mudryk, Washington, Broja (before he went on loan), Stutter, Morgan, Richards, George ... 

Our two hapless DoFs really should have given Poch better options up front, especially once Nkunku was crocked in pre-season. They should have had a Plan B in place before the end of the summer transfer window, even if it was a stop gap signing like a Ba, an Eto'o, a Remy, a Giroud or even a Higuain ...  so that was a missed opportunity, and then they compounded it by doing it again in January !!!!

We have scored goals ... 87 of them to date, and Palmer only has 23 of them, which is a relatively low percentage compared to other clubs' top scorer, so it's not as if we are a one-man team , as seems popular to try to say right now, but it's all the extra goals that we really should have scored from great chances like yesterday that have cost us points, trophies and cup finals.

Jackson's header yesterday was pitiful. I think he is scared of heading the ball. I'm starting to wonder if all the retired player stories and legal cases about dementia from heading the ball are having an effect on the modern player ?