Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

On 5/28/2017 at 14:16, abramovich said:

Here's what he's basically saying here (directed to the board, I'm sure) : I did the absolute best with what I've been given, if you want improvement we need to spend and bring more quality players.

It's great that he's alarmed about the loss. At least he's keeping his standards high. Not like other teams celebrating finishing 4th or 6th

In a weired way I was contend we didn't win the FA cup, most of our double winning managers didn't last the following season. There were Jose ( league and carling cup), Carlo ( league and FA), Matteo (CL and FA). I'm not saying Conte will fold next season, but the expectation from the fans and board would be unrealistically high had he done the double. If we drop a couple of games all the sudden we will be in 'crisis', we have seen that before. Hopefully Roman will allow Conte to sign his own players, and fans being realistic with expectations next season. It's going to be a tough season, the squad depth will be tested.

Does anyone think that Conte's 3-4-3 has been found out? Latter part of the season we've had poor games against Spurs, United, Arsenal and have been outplayed. 

Other teams are now playing it and will only get better. Shame to ditch it but maybe some adaptions are needed next season. 

32 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Does anyone think that Conte's 3-4-3 has been found out? Latter part of the season we've had poor games against Spurs, United, Arsenal and have been outplayed. 

Other teams are now playing it and will only get better. Shame to ditch it but maybe some adaptions are needed next season. 

Not so much found out, I just think the system doesn't really suit playing against better quality opposition, as it leaves us short in CM and if that area is dominated, then its difficult to do much apart from long balls, which just come straight back at us.

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

30 wins this season, 27 with 3-4-3.

Nope, don't think it's been found out at all. 

Yes it has. Not by most of the league of course but a few teams like City and Spurs who'll challenge us next season have found it out and Spurs even have better personnel to play that system at the moment. Even Jose got the better of it once. Wenger also beat us at our own game only last week. 

We not only need to have a plan B and plan C, we also need better players. Think we've taken the Moses-Alonso cart as far as it can go (in terms of them both starting) and Matic must be replaced if we want to stay on top and challenge Europe's best in the CL.

City lose 2 time to us this season, as well as Spurs, so they didn`t figure it out. City usually have a lot of situation infront of goal. It`s their problem they misses their chances. United also lose it 2 time against us.

Arsenal beat us 1 and lose 1 against this system, and the 1 loses we suffer from them, was due to unfair goal in the 4th min and later red card ...

The players will learn the system better and will improve in the preseason. We will also add key players and all should be improved under Conte, who can also improve and we can be a lot better.

It`s not said you have to change the system every time there is a problem. You can simply fix the problem and still play the same system.

20 minutes ago, brakeit said:

City lose 2 time to us this season, as well as Spurs, so they didn`t figure it out. City usually have a lot of situation infront of goal. It`s their problem they misses their chances. United also lose it 2 time against us.

Arsenal beat us 1 and lose 1 against this system, and the 1 loses we suffer from them, was due to unfair goal in the 4th min and later red card ...

The players will learn the system better and will improve in the preseason. We will also add key players and all should be improved under Conte, who can also improve and we can be a lot better.

It`s not said you have to change the system every time there is a problem. You can simply fix the problem and still play the same system.

Oh they definitely did.

City dominated us in both games and if it weren't for problems that plagued them all season (lack of finishing, sh*t defense), they could have beaten us both times. Next season they'll be better, especially after all the players they'll sign this season. That's why we have to get better as well. To stay ahead of the curve.

We need to be able to put Spurs away fairly comfortably next season. We did well to beat them in the semi final but they had our number before then and arguably should have gotten something from the game at the Bridge.

United lost twice against us, yes but the first was early in the season when they hadn't figured out themselves (a bit like us pre 3-4-3) and the 2nd they had under control until the Herrera red card and we still only managed to win 1-0. By the 3rd match, they had figured us out.

Arsenal beat mercilessly once pre 3-4-3, lost to us in a period of terrible form (not taking away from our win but still) and beat us in a cup final that mattered. Don't give the excuse of the Sanchez goal. We were lucky to only be down 1-0 in that match. We should have gone into halftime down 4. Quite frankly, they could have beaten us 5-1 on the day. That's how badly we played and how well they were able to kill us at our own game.

You're being a bit delusional if you think the top teams don't know how to play us. We've gotten away with some wins playing badly, which is good but we should aim to play much better.

I never said we have to change the system. Read my posts again. I said we have to have a plan B and plan C for when things aren't going our way. Conte is known to favour a 4-2-4 and he also played a 3-5-2 at Juventus, so naturally, those are 2 options we can use. But we can only do so much with average players. Which is why along with implementing those back up plans we need to bring in REAL quality and increase our quality and depth. Do this and we'll have another great season in 17-18.

Firstly. I already said we need improvement both in the system and in the players. So i don`t see why you saying it all over again. I didn`t say we are okay, right ? And when player use to the system, they will become better with it. As well as Conte method will be better. He is a young coach, who are still learning a lot, so he will get better as well. He will prepare better and will know how to play better against this and this team.

You say City dominated us, but they lose 2 times. So no matter how you try to twist it, City lost 2 time with a totall result of 5-2 .... Football is game of goals, not of possession. You should know that. Pep`s team always have high possession.

And while i do agree they have better first half then us on their stadium i disagree they dominate us the whole game. The second half we was a lot better then the first. And let`s not forget we played at their stadium. And let`s not forget we have the first clear situation, when Eden missed an open goal. The 2nd match i disagree completely.

After that you said, we beat United, but we win only 1-0, but you forget to say that we dominated them. The red card was well deserved and was for a reason. So you twist the fact, just to add weight to your point, which is delusional ....

And Arsenal match goes into that direction, thanks to the irregular first goal they have in the 4th minute. Of course it will give them a boost and will breaks our player .... This is a final, and you get an irregular goal in the 4th minute .... Still we have a sh** game there.

Of course we lose some matches, what you expect to get 38 wins in a row? So you lose once in a while and someone will come from the shadow to say, they figure us out ....
Change that, change this ... Did we need to improve - yes i already said it. We need to improve in many ways.

But i don`t like how most of the people cry about this system with this bs they figure us out ...

And i`m pretty sure Conte have all the plans in the world in his book. We see that in the begining of the season, when he changed to 3-4-3. In some matches,, he was taking out a winger and put Fabregas into it, and change it to 3/5/2, we also played with a 4 in the back as well.

You can`t change system constantly, because the players are not so use to the system. Guardiola is doing this and we see the results ....

And i was the first to say we are lacking in the big games. But that`s not only to the system and that we are with 2 in the middle. Wingbacks can go inside and there you have 4 players there. Also i do think we lack quality and that is 1 of the reason we are lacking in some games.

But as i said it again, you will always have bad games, no matter how good your players and the team is. But that doesn`t mean someone is figuring you out.

No system is bullet proof, the win ratio from 343 has been outstanding, when we do lose, it's rather the players than the system. Jose's fans claim he found the secret to beat 343, however that was just one of those days players didn't show up, and he lost the previous 2 pretty easily.

I read some rumours that Conte will play 424 next season, which is laughable considering how good the back 3 has been for us.

14 hours ago, Barrettinator said:

Oh they definitely did.

City dominated us in both games and if it weren't for problems that plagued them all season (lack of finishing, sh*t defense), they could have beaten us both times. Next season they'll be better, especially after all the players they'll sign this season. That's why we have to get better as well. To stay ahead of the curve.

We need to be able to put Spurs away fairly comfortably next season. We did well to beat them in the semi final but they had our number before then and arguably should have gotten something from the game at the Bridge.

United lost twice against us, yes but the first was early in the season when they hadn't figured out themselves (a bit like us pre 3-4-3) and the 2nd they had under control until the Herrera red card and we still only managed to win 1-0. By the 3rd match, they had figured us out.

Arsenal beat mercilessly once pre 3-4-3, lost to us in a period of terrible form (not taking away from our win but still) and beat us in a cup final that mattered. Don't give the excuse of the Sanchez goal. We were lucky to only be down 1-0 in that match. We should have gone into halftime down 4. Quite frankly, they could have beaten us 5-1 on the day. That's how badly we played and how well they were able to kill us at our own game.

You're being a bit delusional if you think the top teams don't know how to play us. We've gotten away with some wins playing badly, which is good but we should aim to play much better.

I never said we have to change the system. Read my posts again. I said we have to have a plan B and plan C for when things aren't going our way. Conte is known to favour a 4-2-4 and he also played a 3-5-2 at Juventus, so naturally, those are 2 options we can use. But we can only do so much with average players. Which is why along with implementing those back up plans we need to bring in REAL quality and increase our quality and depth. Do this and we'll have another great season in 17-18.

Agree with that bar United having the FA Cup game under control. De Gea was the reason they were level when the red happened.

4 hours ago, Brutos said:

So has the 4-2-3-1 been found out has the 4-2-2- been found out has the 4-3-3 been found out

Part of the reason we won 13 straight is that teams didn't know how to play against our 3-4-3. It's a rare formation in this league. They were always going to adapt to it at least to some extent. It's natural in football. 

1 hour ago, EmeraldBlue said:

We're going to use the 4-Spring-Duck-Technique (vorsprung durch technik) system next season. Should confuse everyone, including ourselves!

I think we'll play the diamond Xmas tree formation with introverted wing fly half backs, and speculative inside leg measurement forwards. 

9 hours ago, dkw said:

I think we'll play the diamond Xmas tree formation with introverted wing fly half backs, and speculative inside leg measurement forwards. 

9 hours ago, dkw said:

Bet Spuds play it more attractively than us though...