Following our ex`s...

dkw

Would we be top of the league if Mata was still in our starting XI?

Starting XI? Debatable.

But as a squad member I think he would still be useful, especially now we have Costa.

Mata always racked up double figures in assists despite us not having a top level forward (Drogba's best days were behind him). I dare say Juan would have been a lot more useful than Schurrle, Salah and Cuadrado have been collectively.

Well he went to United and plays a bit part role so I reckon he'd be more useful with that role here given Schurrle, Salah, Willian, Oscar and now Cuardado seem not to be great with the goal getting.

We needed that money though to rebuild in the way we have so we might not have the team we have today had we kept Juan.

Robben

The Dutch winger was sorry not to have been fit enough to play more for the Portuguese while at Chelsea but is grateful to the manager's efforts in toughening him mentally

Bayern Munich star Arjen Robben has hailed Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho as a key influence on his career.

The Netherlands international worked under the Portuguese during his time at Stamford Bridge between 2004 and 2007 but was eventually allowed to leave to join Real Madrid.

Robben has since gone on to become one of the best forwards in the world and has no hard feelings toward his former mentor.

"Mourinho was very fair, very good," the Bayern winger told the Daily Mail.

"The only problem was the injuries. He could not count on me. It was frustrating for both of us and it became difficult but, in a football point of view, he was very important. He helped me mentally.

"I think I had a positive development at Chelsea. I was very young when I arrived, only 20, and the problem I had was injuries.

"At the time, you hear people say you are made of glass. I was angry because I felt like I was always having to defend myself. I know now something was wrong with my body.

"I'm a very explosive player and need everything to be right. I started working with an osteopath the last year I was in Madrid and have stayed with him. I have control of my body now and know when I can 'go'."

Zola's been sacked as Cagliari manager. Just hasn't cut it as a manager yet, has he.

I thought he did quite well at West Ham and was unfortunate to be sacked. 

He did well initially at Watford but was man enough to resign when results were poor the season after missing out on promotion. 

He only had 10 games at Cagliari who were already in trouble when he took over. Apparently they are still paying the manager Zola took over from and so he is likely to be reinstated so they were looking at Zola as being a quick fix... It didn't work and so they're reverting back to how they were. I'm not sure that can be seen as a slight on Franco. 

That said, I don't know where he goes from here and that may well be his last managerial role... Pipe dream I know but I would love for him to return to Chelsea as an assistant manager. 

It would be amazing if he came back as either assistant manager or youth team coach. Nothing better than learning from Jose. You're right, he did have Watford playing really well for a while and I was surprised when they somehow did not get promoted. That was Chalobah's best loan spell too if I remember right.

• 2 weeks later...

Bild reporting Bayern are ready to offer £35 million for De Bruyne in the summer.

If this is true then Wolfsburg should just refuse to sell. What is the point in having a league if every team is just going to sell their best players to Bayern Munich all of the time ? De Bruyne's value isn't going to go down anytime soon, they should hold on to him for as long as they can.

If this is true then Wolfsburg should just refuse to sell. What is the point in having a league if every team is just going to sell their best players to Bayern Munich all of the time ? De Bruyne's value isn't going to go down anytime soon, they should hold on to him for as long as they can.

It's a pathetic league I mean you even had players leave Dortmund for Bayern even though Dortmund had won the title.

Edited by Bobbywoodhogan