The John Terry Appreciation Thread

A spiteful read you'd expect to see on RAWK rather than an established newspaper but then there's been c**ts queuing up for years to take cheap shots at JT.

It's boring now, it doesn't even make me angry any more.

Edited by ForeverCarefree

The Sun are staying he's about to get 1 more year, guess he must be leaving then

Please please please let the Sun be right for once!

I've said this for a while, that paradoxically for the club to "move forward" and develop its younger players, they actually need to keep its oldest and longest serving player.

The younger players have unanimously sung his praises about the guidance he has given them. For example:

Asked what working with Chelsea's experienced defenders has taught him, Miazga told ESPN FC: "The most important thing I've learned is the professionalism they have on and off the pitch. How they conduct themselves, how they make sure their bodies are always ready.

"I've seen John always training in the gym, keeping his body fit. The way he takes care of his body as an older player -- you've just got to develop those habits.

"Also on the pitch, the positioning they have. John's played over 700 games and you can see the little things he does, positioning his body to deal with crosses and reading plays. If I ever have questions I ask and he's always willing to answer, so it's been good.

The best outcome I think is for them to make JT's next year into a transitional year. He'd primarily be a squad player at the beginning of the season when the team needs to establish stability and form. Then he would gradually step back from the first team (assuming that injuries to other players don't require him to play) while working toward his coaching badges and assisting the youth team. Then after next season he'd assume a role in the academy. Not sure how that would work in terms of contract details or time management, but I'm sure something can be worked out.

It's pretty odd that there hasn't been an announcement, no matter what the decision is.

Conte's job has already begun regardless of the Euros, this season would prove that, he'll need to be looking at the current players as early as possible, looking at other players who can bolster the squad looking at where he can fill gaps with youth.  These decisions need to be made earlier rather than later, otherwise you end up looking at your CB choices and think sh*t.. who have Reading got in that area.

I think a decision has been made, it has to have been.  If they didn't want him to stay, they would have made the announcement.

i think the coach wants him to stay, and the club are happy with this but are insisting on the wages being reduced.  John hasn't openly said he'd take a pay cut.. he's only said that he wants to stay on.  Not that i think he has to or is it the right thing to do, but why wouldn't he come out say something along the lines of "I just want to play for Chelsea, and I'd be happy to do so on reduced wages"?  That would really put the club on notice.

Edited by Van Butsen

I was listening to the Chelsea podcast this week and the guy was saying he knows someone who knows someone at the club. He said his sources are very credible.

However, he said that its Roman who pushing for JT to leave as apparently, Roman hasnt liked the negative attention that JT has bought on the club over the years.

Take it with a pinch of salt and we'll never fully know what's going but interesting concept anyway.