The John Terry Appreciation Thread

ForeverCarefree
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Not final yet. I think Conte is likely to keep him

According to Rob Beasley on Twitter, Conte has spoken twice to Terry and told him it's a Board decision and he has no say in player recruitment! If that's right it would mean it's Abramovich who's made the call.

According to Rob Beasley on Twitter, Conte has spoken twice to Terry and told him it's a Board decision and he has no say in player recruitment! If that's right it would mean it's Abramovich who's made the call.

Why would a manager join if he had no say on player recruitment?

I just don't buy that.

If that's true i seriously worry about our recruitment for this summer. 

A club spokesman said: "John requested a meeting with the club the week before last.

"In that meeting he asked about the possibility of an extension to his existing contract.

"John was advised that while no new deal was currently on the table, that situation could change in the coming months.

"The club has the utmost respect for John and everything he has helped us achieve to date.

"He is a fantastic servant of Chelsea Football Club and a superb captain and, as such, the club will keep the channels of dialogue open."

Read more at http://talksport.com/football/chelsea-insist-captain-john-terry-could-still-be-offered-new-contract-160201183305#YarHkAJ5Ssg6E0hG.99

That was in January. Doesn't contradict what Conte is alleged to have told him. It just means that the final decision could still take place over the summer. I think they might make him a very poor contract offer on massively reduced wages, and JT will turn it down knowing he could earn far more overseas.

A sad sad end in prospect for a truly fantastic servant. 

If I were JT I would take the lower offer, (within reason) and try to keep the place. He wants that legacy to go on as long as possible.

Definitely has another year in him

Assuming there is an offer, I really hope he'd take it, but he must feel let down by the whole process (and by what happened with Lamps and Ashley Cole). He's got another year as a player in him, but he can contribute massively in other ways as well.

Assuming there is an offer, I really hope he'd take it, but he must feel let down by the whole process (and by what happened with Lamps and Ashley Cole). He's got another year as a player in him, but he can contribute massively in other ways as well.

That's what's pissed me off about many of these decisions. They think cause they're done as first teamers that it's as simple to get rid but they don't think of the influence they have on the dressing room and training etc.