The John Terry Appreciation Thread

ForeverCarefree
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Protest by walking out? Surely not, we will look like plastics and no better than arsenal or city.

If you want to protest then sing for the whole game, stop being a coward pointing at Emanalo, Buck or whoever and direct your discontent towards Roman, the guy who has put so much into this club.

Personally for me I think JTS time is up if Conte says so. Just imagine we let JT go last season. The excuses for our slump this season will be because JTs leadership is no longer here. Fact is he is here and we have been utter crap (even with Jose in charge).

We can move and live on without JT and if he won't accept massively reduced wages then it's case of everyone putting themselves first.

No one is bigger than this club!

I don't necessarily think his time is up, but I do agree with everything else you've said.

I support the club, even if I don't agree with the decision.  Onwards and upwards

Walk outs during a game to me look a bit cringe-tastic.

Football is expensive enough without this carry on haha, if you are annoyed stay at home and save your money.

In saying that JT does need a special send off, I think the board are in two minds what to do and are waiting on Conte's instruction.

Edited by Zola

Don't think it would be 'sickening' but it would be really disappointing given he is still a very capable defender and one we ideally would like to be keeping.

The idea of JT ending his football days in China is saddening as we all want him to finish with us plus his experience would be invaluable to a new manager coming in.

That being said the money in China is absurd so if we are not willing to offer him another year then I'm glad he is going somewhere else and not doing a Lampard and joining a rival.

Given we have a defence problem at the moment with Zouma out long term taking sentiment out of it it's still a no brainer to give JT another year. Tbh though if we let him go it proves we learnt nothing from letting Cech and Drogba leave last season.

Agree wholeheartedly with Cech (I thought that was an error to let him go before the end of his contract) but Drogba was done, and another season would have tarnished his time with us IMO.

As for JT, the club can't win, keep him and that's forcing a player on the manager, let the manager choose and they (the club) are treating a club legend poorly !!!!

If JT wants to stay at the club so badly why doesn't he ask for a youth coaching role and work his way up.....  ???? I think we all know the answer to that ...  MONEY.

Agree wholeheartedly with Cech (I thought that was an error to let him go before the end of his contract) but Drogba was done, and another season would have tarnished his time with us IMO.

As for JT, the club can't win, keep him and that's forcing a player on the manager, let the manager choose and they (the club) are treating a club legend poorly !!!!

If JT wants to stay at the club so badly why doesn't he ask for a youth coaching role and work his way up..... ???? I think we all know the answer to that ... MONEY.

I meant more keeping Drogba around personally, I think he played a bigger part in our title win than we ever thought.

I think JT doesn't want to go into coaching yet, seems to me he wants to keep playing.

The Times claim that JT has been summoned to a meeting with Abramovich and co. this week...

I would like to know how these journos know this stuff lol. It's like they hacking phones of players or summin.

Given we have a defence problem at the moment with Zouma out long term taking sentiment out of it it's still a no brainer to give JT another year. Tbh though if we let him go it proves we learnt nothing from letting Cech and Drogba leave last season.

What were the club meant to learn from those decisions?

From my point of view, the club has learnt Traore can play a bit and he can score, keep him on the books.  Another year with Drogba in the team and they wouldn't know and we'd be crying out for the young guy to get game time, as if we aren't already.

They've also seen Tibo is human, is susceptible to some bad form and definitely still needs some high quality coaching to fulfill his potential.  If Cech was still here we'd have articles about one player or the other not enjoying their time.

It's been the senior players and leaders that have let us down this year, a few more would have only hindered the problem.

If JT wants to stay at the club so badly why doesn't he ask for a youth coaching role and work his way up..... ???? I think we all know the answer to that ... MONEY.

Or maybe because he doesn't want to give up playing football yet?

I would like to know how these journos know this stuff lol. It's like they hacking phones of players or summin.

I just wish the club would tell us when the meeting is / when a decision will be made - I've been in a sh*t mood all week as a result of not knowing

Edited by the special one