The John Terry Appreciation Thread

ForeverCarefree
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

Assuming there is an offer, I really hope he'd take it, but he must feel let down by the whole process (and by what happened with Lamps and Ashley Cole). He's got another year as a player in him, but he can contribute massively in other ways as well.

Purely speculation, but I've heard that he doesn't want to budge on the 'highest paid player' clause that he's had in his contract for a while.  However in JT's words, he's never even seen a contract offer so.

There is hardly a footballing person in the world who thinks his time is done, so I'm thinking it does have something to do with money.

Surely having Terry around for 1 more year would help Conte settle in and makes sense?

Can you imagine the outcry if Terry is discarded, and we start letting in a load of goals at the start of the new season?

Could be that Conte has made the decision in consultation with the Board and is telling Terry that it's a Board decision, so the new manager doesn't take the flak from the fans for showing Terry the door.

This makes the most sense. If Conte wanted to keep Terry, he would be offered a New deal. Unless he is beeing completely unbrealistic in regards to wages

would love to see terry as one of conte's assistants, if the club had any sense surely they would be aiming for this, terry goes and so does the teams heart.

Perhaps JT was holding back a few potential leaders in our ranks?  Perhaps some of them wanted to take on more but felt they couldn't or didn't want to overshadow the man?

Rumours circulating on Twitter that some fans are planning a 26th minute walkout at the Leicester game, I presume with the intention of returning for the second half. 

What does everyone think of this?

Bad form, positive praise is more appropriate.

I don't think it would be a very bad idea to be honest. It's time to finally let the board know they are (and have been) making decisions none of the fans agree with. I understand football is also a business and therefore sentiments can't always be taken into account. But so many decisions have been the wrong ones (in the eyes of many fans). Maybe it's time to let them know how we feel, cause it certainly feels like they aren't making an effort for us.

Rumours circulating on Twitter that some fans are planning a 26th minute walkout at the Leicester game, I presume with the intention of returning for the second half. 

What does everyone think of this?

Absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully anyone that does walk out keeps walking until they get to the Emirates. A much better fit for them.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully anyone that does walk out keeps walking until they get to the Emirates. A much better fit for them.

I don't mind to be honest. We should really let them know how pissed off we are that they are doing this. No other club would let their greatest and most loyal player go like this. What they are doing is unforgivable in my opinion. We will most likely never have another player that has cared more about the club than John Terry.

The club is shameful for doing this. This one decision alone shows that the soul of the football club has been ripped away. We aren't a proper football club anymore, we are an embarrassment. 

I don't mind to be honest. We should really let them know how pissed off we are that they are doing this. No other club would let their greatest and most loyal player go like this. What they are doing is unforgivable in my opinion. We will most likely never have another player that has cared more about the club than John Terry.

The club is shameful for doing this. This one decision alone shows that the soul of the football club has been ripped away. We aren't a proper football club anymore, we are an embarrassment.

Agreed, there's really very little ways fans can voice their concerns where it would be heard and a mass walk out is one way to be heard.

Could be that Conte has made the decision in consultation with the Board and is telling Terry that it's a Board decision, so the new manager doesn't take the flak from the fans for showing Terry the door.

Yeah that crossed my mind. The other possibility that crossed my mind is that Conte said he doesn't feel strongly one way or the other, so whatever the board wants is okay for him.

Proper sent off is a must, or a testimonial game. We got rid of Lampard through the back door, like he isn't one of the greatest players ever to play for the club. If we can't respect our Legends how can new players respect the club? Hope this China bullsh*t is false and that Conte has some sense and gives JT an extension he needs leaders and we don't have plenty of them in this team.

Edited by TrueBlueBIH

I would love JT to get another season but accept that even if that does happen, we won't be seeing him play week in week out like he has. Time / age is catching up with him and although he is still a great player, you cannot expect a 35/36 year old to keep playing at that level (although we will have the "luxury" of no European football). We know he has never been quick, but I think the sending off against Sunderland showed how he is going to struggle to nick the ball like he has been able to in the past and will miss-time more and more tackles.

That could well be in the back of Conte's mind - if is looking to build a side for the next few seasons, you aren't going to include a player of JT's age in your plans.

Protest by walking out? Surely not, we will look like plastics and no better than arsenal or city.

If you want to protest then sing for the whole game, stop being a coward pointing at Emanalo, Buck or whoever and direct your discontent towards Roman, the guy who has put so much into this club.

Personally for me I think JTS time is up if Conte says so. Just imagine we let JT go last season. The excuses for our slump this season will be because JTs leadership is no longer here. Fact is he is here and we have been utter crap (even with Jose in charge).

We can move and live on without JT and if he won't accept massively reduced wages then it's case of everyone putting themselves first.

No one is bigger than this club!