Ruben Loftus-Cheek

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, big blue said:

I cant agree with that, he has had some good games when he has started, and until he gets a decent run of starts for us, I think it is impossible to tell whether he is better suited at coming off the bench. 

Even Solksjaer started more games than he was on the bench for at United. 

It's just my assessment from what i've seen so far in his career.

When he comes fresh off the bench his acceleration against tired legs causes problems and he tends to have more space to exploit, when he starts more often than not he doesn't seem to have the same effect and tires after an hour, that was even a case even in his finest hour for England against Brazil.

1 hour ago, Argo said:

It's just my assessment from what i've seen so far in his career.

When he comes fresh off the bench his acceleration against tired legs causes problems and he tends to have more space to exploit, when he starts more often than not he doesn't seem to have the same effect and tires after an hour, that was even a case even in his finest hour for England against Brazil.

That could just be a case of working up to match fitness...…..I'd like to see him get a consistent number of starts/games and see him be more dominant right from the opening kick off.

7 minutes ago, Boston Blue said:

That could just be a case of working up to match fitness...…..I'd like to see him get a consistent number of starts/games and see him be more dominant right from the opening kick off.

We'd all like that. I genuinely think Sarri would like that too. 

But then he gets injured. 

Does anyone know where in his back his injury is?  I have a bad lower back, and I'm a golfer.  Subsequent days of playing are agony, and you can forget about running.  I've a bulged L2 disk which when it flares up also makes it feel like I've pulled a hamstring.  

I've got a child hood head injury and everything is slightly out, I can do bits of exercise if I stick to a routine. One important point is I cannot mix up upper body strength exercises with running or leg squats. If I do I can get back spasms and do nothing for about a week.

RLC might have a similar injury though milder.

I think he is more likely going to be our 'Aaron Ramsey'.

3 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

This explains a lot 

The worst was no-one knew until I was 31, yet had always got very strange symptoms.

I saw the injury on an x-ray at a chiropractors once yet they didn't want to talk about it.

Knowing helps yet life is tricky as I am reacting to modern tech!

Tonight he scored a great goal, but for me his highlight was his assist for Eden, it showed the quickness of his football brain and his surprisingly delicate touch for a big lad, you need to see it slowed down it happened so quick. I think he played a motm performance.

He's a cracking player, he really is. I've thought for a long time he's our most dynamic midfielder. He big, strong and fast, and importantly, a very adept finisher. In a midfield three, he has to be in there. He's the closest we've got to Frank Lampard nowadays (they're not the same style of player, and he will never reach the goalscoring heights of Frank, but he offers something very different to all our other midfielders)

1 hour ago, Cam said:

He's a cracking player, he really is. I've thought for a long time he's our most dynamic midfielder. He big, strong and fast, and importantly, a very adept finisher. In a midfield three, he has to be in there. He's the closest we've got to Frank Lampard nowadays (they're not the same style of player, and he will never reach the goalscoring heights of Frank, but he offers something very different to all our other midfielders)

If he can stay injury free and reach his full potential, then I can see him being a player with a similar style as Yaya Toure.

52 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

If he can stay injury free and reach his full potential, then I can see him being a player with a similar style as Yaya Toure.

Sadly his back issues have no fix, only maintenance and rest. He can have a good career with us but as a up to 30 or so games a season player.

The best way i can sum up how he's surprised me (in a good way) is at the start of the season i saw him as a filler who covers in the cup games and late in already won games when the starters need a breather, now i often bring his name up when i talk/think about tactical solutions pre and in game.

His game from a tactical level is on another planet from what it use to be, very happy with his progress.

Edited by Argo

5 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

funny I was thinking back on some of RLC & yes RLC = Chelsea Yaya - I know this video is a bit old but checkout the class of RLC back then

Ruben now has five goals and two assists in the league this season despite having only started two games. 

That means he has scored more goals in the league, with less minutes played, than all of the following. Willian, Barkley, Kovacic, Giroud, Kante, Higuain. 

Goals have been a problem all season, so lets the guy who seems quite good at scoring them? 

So then, Rubes this season:

EPL - 2 Starts / 16 sub appearances / 566 minutes - 5 goals and 1 assist. Goal contribution every 94 minutes.

Europa league - 6 Starts / 2 sub appearances / 532 minutes - 3 goals and 2 assists. Goal contribution every 106 minutes.

Compare this to Ross and Kovacic -

Ross

EPL - 12 Starts / 12 sub appearances / 1131 minutes - 3 goals and 4 assists. Goal contribution every 162 minutes.

Europa league - 7 Starts / 1 sub appearance / 612 minutes - 2 goals and 1 assist. Goal contribution every 204 minutes.

Kovacic

EPL - 19 Starts / 9 sub appearances / 1520 minutes - 0 goals and 2 assists. Goal contribution every 760 minutes.

Europa leagues - 6 Starts / 1 sub appearance / 553 minutes - 0 goals and 0 assists. Goal contribution never.

I think this is quite telling why we have struggled for goals at times this season. I see absolutely no reason why Kovacic should have racked up so many more minutes than Ruben, and should be used as back up to Kante/Jorginho, NOT the attacking mid role. Hopefully Sarri has learned from last night.

Really is disappointing that Kovacic hasn’t scored any goals.

I know it’s not his style, but he’s a very tidy player and clearly capable of scoring a goal or two. I remember him getting in good positions for scoring at start of the season, but since then it hasn’t really happened.

RLC definitely should be a regular starter. He’s already very good but still could improve even more.

19 hours ago, coco said:

Tonight he scored a great goal, but for me his highlight was his assist for Eden, it showed the quickness of his football brain and his surprisingly delicate touch for a big lad, you need to see it slowed down it happened so quick. I think he played a motm performance.

The speed of the assist is what made the goal. That is what we have been badly lacking this season. We’ve been slow and ponderous in our build up and easy to defend against. Quick ball like this is so much more difficult to defend especially if Eden is on the receiving end.  

3 hours ago, goose said:

The speed of the assist is what made the goal. That is what we have been badly lacking this season. We’ve been slow and ponderous in our build up and easy to defend against. Quick ball like this is so much more difficult to defend especially if Eden is on the receiving end.  

This image shows jorginho passing to rlc for edens goal. rlc back to goal and not much on, if it was kovacic or barkley the ball goes back to emerson, it was bloody brilliant the way he found hazard.

Capture.JPG