Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Realistically at the start of the season we would have taking top 4 and build on that but what the boss has done has been fantastic  I'm buzzing  for the next few seasons.   He comes across  so well with the media much better  then many other managers  in the league.  Top man

Mate we got lucky he's exactly what we needed after last season long may it continue

He's not just an excellent manager who knows how to get the best out in a team, but also this charming Italian guy who will get along with anybody and everybody. You just can't dislike him no matter how much you hate Chelsea. I noticed that he improved our reputation a lot and got credited for being the best coach in the world by Pep himself, who, before this season, was probably considered the best worldwide.

Antonio, I do not know why you chose to leave your beloved Juve for a 10th placed Chelsea and turn sh*t around for us, but I sure will never forget it and hope you will stay with us for a very long time!

::ChELSeAFaN::

3 hours ago, PythonLu said:

Antonio, I do not know why you chose to leave your beloved Juve for a 10th placed Chelsea and turn sh*t around for us, but I sure will never forget it and hope you will stay with us for a very long time!

::ChELSeAFaN::

He didn't leave Juve for Chelsea.

He's currently the best manager in the world right now so it's inevitable that others will come sniffing around. But I doubt as a Juve legend he'll leave Chelsea to go inter Milan. That's a huge downgrade. I'd be worried if it was the two Spanish giants though.

8 hours ago, JM7 said:

Loved his celebration jumping in to the crowd. 

Loved that too. Also loved how he "headed" the Costa effort and then again when Alonso scored. He wants to be out there kicking / heading every ball. Also loved how he was a bit down about us conceding that late goal. We'd won 3-1 but you could see that late goal pissed him off and that he was still wanting more from the team.

Just love everything about Conte - the guy is a class act.

http://www.football-italia.net/97980/conte-raised-my-voice-costa

Antonio Conte described how he turned Chelsea from “ugly ducklings into a swan” and why he “raised my voice” to get Diego Costa in line.

The former Italy Coach is in Turin this evening and in the stands for Juventus v Inter, but also spoke to Sky Sport Italia about life in the Premier League.

Conte was asked about the incident during yesterday’s win over Arsenal in which he practically hauled assistant Angelo Alessio off the bench by his coat.

“When I see something that isn’t going right, I am capable of murdering anyone!” laughed the Coach.

“I was angry because Kante was supposed to track back in place of Moses, who had gone into the box to mark the sixth Arsenal man on the corner. He didn’t do that and I took it out on Alessio. He’s been my right hand man and thus, unfortunately, my victim for many years.

“Kante is extraordinary. He brings a lot of quantity, ok, but what quality too. Even if he should improve in his build-up play. His first pass is always horizontal and he needs to make that vertical. I was just like him, so I do understand.

“He’s a really good lad, always helping his teammates. He’s been a great buy, though he’s often tired by the time he gets to the goal. He’s still young and can improve.”

Chelsea have been unstoppable since moving to a 3-4-3 system.

“I have blind faith in what I do,” continued Conte. “We had won the first three games, but I didn’t like the performances. It was a delicate time, but not dramatic.

“Looking at last season, when Chelsea had practically the same players, you cannot immediately transform from ugly ducking into a swan. At the end of the day we found our balance. The blind faith in my ideas helped. I made some strong choices.”

With a nine-point lead at the top, has Conte got the Premier League in the bag?

“There is no one particular team that worries me more. The experience of being a player really helps. I won the Champions League, but I also lost other finals and that made me more determined to win.

“You can’t talk about the title yet, as anything could still happen. Just look at us, Chelsea were struggling at the start and turned the whole season around. We’ve got to stay calm.

“Today Manchester City beat Swansea with two minutes to go and I would’ve preferred that game end in a draw.”

Eden Hazard scored a spectacular solo effort against Arsenal, dribbling past several defenders – including one twice.

“He has incredible talent and really balances the phases of the game.”

Finally, Conte was asked about the row with Costa which saw the striker dropped for a few matches.

“I was very clear with him and raised my voice: and the player understood. Now everything is perfect.”

•  

I am also a big Inter fan.... Chelsea first of course. 

They have the been taken over by Suning Commerce Group in the summer, shed loads of money apparently.  

Forget the rivalry thing, Italian like the UK have rivalries all over the place and like us little real loyalty so he could go on that basis.  However I think unlikely unless an outrageous deal as I think he would want to manage Chelsea in the Champions League next Season.

I doubt he'd manage Inter though, he seems a very loyal man and by all accounts Inter fans hate Juve and vice versa...in Italy anyway not a casual fan away from that country.

Conte is Juve through and through.

It's just drivel from the press, he has a project here that he is obviously passionate about.

Inter will just have to find someone else, although seeing them last night and this season I think they will need luck too as money might not fix them straight away.

Normally I would be confident in our ability to keep a manager or event top players, only Robben really springs to mind as a player that left in his prime, i think a lot of credit has to go to JT and some of the old establishment for that, they clearly created a a family like environment with in the club and the team. Credit must also go to our fans because it seems most players who pass through the doors seem to leave with a very strong affinity towards Chelsea and despite all, if Jose were to answer honestly blue or red he would fail a lie detector test if he said red. (that could change in the future) 

However... Conte left Juve for nothing, he just quit... does anyone know why, i understand that there was no thought of the Italy job at the time? 

1 minute ago, barak81 said:

However... Conte left Juve for nothing, he just quit... does anyone know why, i understand that there was no thought of the Italy job at the time? 

Fell out with the board I believe, a disagreement over signings. 

Conte wanted to big reinforcements to make the next step in Europe, the board said you don't need to spend big (Sound familiar?)

52 minutes ago, TrueBlueBIH said:

I prayed when we had Carlo to be the long term manager after his double, but Roman sacked him after one season without silverware. Hope he learned from his mistakes and gets Conte a chance to be the long term solution. 

Carlo wasn't a mistake.

25 minutes ago, Maksimov said:

Sacking Carlo was, though.

Replacing him with AVB was, but that second season just wasn't good enough and i was more than ready/wanted some fresh impetus and ideas by the end. If we kept Carlo to this day we'd be in a similar rut (at least in league football) to what Arsenal currently are.