Danny Drinkwater

Fatty_Speeding

46 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

To be fair, at the time Morata was a good signing. His goal scoring record at Madrid was very good in the minutes he played. Unfortunately we couldn’t have foreseen quite how bad he would be.

Bakayoko I was never a big fan of but a lot of people were and there was a decent amount of excitement about the signing after Monaco’s good performance.

The others, I woulda agree were poor even on the face of it.

Oh mate you don't need to tell me that, I was one of Morata's biggest fans on here, you can ask anyone. It was only until near the end of Sarri's season I completely gave up on him and finally conceded that he isn't cut out for top level and will never make it here. Had a good few months here, after that, shocking, nothing but complaining and missing sitters. I've never seen a striker miss so many one on ones, that Arsenal away game was f**king embarrassing, he could've got a f**king hattrick with the number of chances he had, shockingly bad. 

Bakayoko I was never big on though, easily the worst out of the Monaco 11 and we decided to buy him... Whenever I watched him play in the Champions League he looked bang average. 

Luckily we somehow made our money back on that Morata transfer, no idea how... Doubt we'll do the same for Bakayoko though, and definitely not for Drinkwater. 

28 minutes ago, Slojo said:

Oh mate you don't need to tell me that, I was one of Morata's biggest fans on here, you can ask anyone. It was only until near the end of Sarri's season I completely gave up on him and finally conceded that he isn't cut out for top level and will never make it here. Had a good few months here, after that, shocking, nothing but complaining and missing sitters. I've never seen a striker miss so many one on ones, that Arsenal away game was f**king embarrassing, he could've got a f**king hattrick with the number of chances he had, shockingly bad. 

Bakayoko I was never big on though, easily the worst out of the Monaco 11 and we decided to buy him... Whenever I watched him play in the Champions League he looked bang average. 

Luckily we somehow made our money back on that Morata transfer, no idea how... Doubt we'll do the same for Bakayoko though, and definitely not for Drinkwater. 

I assumed he was doing well at Madrid. I just looked it up and he has an almost identical goal scoring record there. Consistently 1 in 3. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

With the way he's performed and behaved at every club he's been to so far, who the f**k would want to give pay even 20% of his wages? 

That transfer window has to go down as the worst transfer window in the clubs history, my god did we buy some sh*te then. 

image.png.db6401a90c3147730dcc1140f6ab65d9.png

234 million spent this window... I would say only Giroud and Barkley were worth the money. 

Such a bad transfer window. The best 4 buys were the 4 cheapest!

On 24/07/2020 at 09:28, Slojo said:

With the way he's performed and behaved at every club he's been to so far, who the f**k would want to give pay even 20% of his wages? 

That transfer window has to go down as the worst transfer window in the clubs history, my god did we buy some sh*te then. 

image.png.db6401a90c3147730dcc1140f6ab65d9.png

234 million spent this window... I would say only Giroud and Barkley were worth the money. 

Bit harsh on Ampadu! He always put a good performance in when he got a chance, shame he got injured when he did. Think he’ll come back and be involved next season. 

10 minutes ago, Munkworth said:

Bit harsh on Ampadu! He always put a good performance in when he got a chance, shame he got injured when he did. Think he’ll come back and be involved next season. 

True, I don't mean to sound like I've written him off, I just can't say he was a good signing as of now since he's still unproven. 

• 4 weeks later...

Possibly one of our worst signings, a total waster.

The sooner Drinkwater (oh the irony in a name) is got shot of the better.

You can shove all the WOKE crap, he's a disgrace, why he wasn't sacked after the drink driving ill never know.

It looks like he's not going anywhere voluntarily, he's worse than Bogarde for me !!

2 hours ago, chelseablueboy said:

Possibly one of our worst signings, a total waster.

The sooner Drinkwater (oh the irony in a name) is got shot of the better.

You can shove all the WOKE crap, he's a disgrace, why he wasn't sacked after the drink driving ill never know.

It looks like he's not going anywhere voluntarily, he's worse than Bogarde for me !!

Our worst signing of all time i think

On 24/07/2020 at 11:25, bisright1 said:

I assumed he was doing well at Madrid. I just looked it up and he has an almost identical goal scoring record there. Consistently 1 in 3. 

1 in 3 is not that bad, given how they are set up ... as a team they score very few goals ... plus his strike rate is significantly better than Costa has managed in his second stint at Atletico ...

On 24/07/2020 at 17:55, Slojo said:

Morata is a decent striker but he couldn't cope with the league plus Marina is the one handling the negotiations.

On 24/07/2020 at 04:24, DannyVblue said:

Such a bad transfer window. The best 4 buys were the 4 cheapest!

Exactly.  Bottom 4 were actually pretty solid, especially Giroud.  I think Ampadu is still an exciting player, and I think we could sell Barkley at profit if we wanted.

Morata we got our money back on him, so that's a wash.

Rudiger I'm not sure what went wrong, but he was a decent signing.

I'll hold my hand up and say that I felt Baka would still come good.  I just couldn't see how someone lauded by Makelele AND was in the European Team of the Year could suddenly be so bad.

Drinkwater and Zappa were non starters.

• 1 month later...

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, Floyd25 said:

Woeful piece of defending for the U23s, he let the striker waltz through and score, can’t say I’m shocked. 

Our U23 :shok: ? Completely forgotten about him, I had assumed he was on loan at some obscure club in Outer Mongolia or wherever.

2 hours ago, Valerie said:

Our U23 :shok: ? Completely forgotten about him, I had assumed he was on loan at some obscure club in Outer Mongolia or wherever.

No, him and Baba Rahman are playing and making very little difference for the youth team. 

I'm no expert on football finances ,but how does this work. He's on £120,000/ week, £480,000 /month, £6,240,000/year. plus another 20 months = £9,600,000. Why is he still here? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8930429/Danny-Drinkwater-commissions-highlights-reel-hope-securing-away-Chelsea.html?login#newcomment

43 minutes ago, Kev56 said:

I'm no expert on football finances ,but how does this work. He's on £120,000/ week, £480,000 /month, £6,240,000/year. plus another 20 months = £9,600,000. Why is he still here? 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8930429/Danny-Drinkwater-commissions-highlights-reel-hope-securing-away-Chelsea.html?login#newcomment

There’s been lots of debate of late about RLC  - will he, won’t he make it ? 

I don’t know if he will,  but there must come a point in a pro footballers career when they “know” it ain’t gonna happen, it won’t get any better and that they are on the slide down to oblivion, for whatever reason, that has to be the case with DD , doesn’t it ?

He’s surely got absolutely no hope of getting another decent footballing gig given his attitude, performances and behaviour, so I’m guessing he’s got 9,600,000 reasons to stay?

Might well be same with Kepa, but in his case it’s more like 40-50 million reasons not to go anywhere ?

7 minutes ago, Paddy said:

There’s been lots of debate of late about RLC  - will he, won’t he make it ? 

I don’t know if he will,  but there must come a point in a pro footballers career when they “know” it ain’t gonna happen, it won’t get any better and that they are on the slide down to oblivion, for whatever reason, that has to be the case with DD , doesn’t it ?

He’s surely got absolutely no hope of getting another decent footballing gig given his attitude, performances and behaviour, so I’m guessing he’s got 9,600,000 reasons to stay?

Might well be same with Kepa, but in his case it’s more like 40-50 million reasons not to go anywhere ?

And that is sickening.

8 hours ago, Kev56 said:

He lost his pride as a football player and the board is surely thinking of cutting him or selling him in the next transfer window.

If he had any pride left, he'd be putting in a transfer request even to a championship team and asking for wage cuts. Doubt it tho. His pension is secured just staying with the u-18s

Leicester's title is the worst thing that happened to him in the long run I reckon. He got a taste of a level he wasn't good enough to be at (on a regular basis) but didn't have the motivation to return to being a journeyman after being a Champion.

His move here probably further confirmed in his mind that he had a breakthrough and belonged at this level as opposed to being a midtable player who had a one off.