Danny Drinkwater

Fatty_Speeding
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 04/12/2019 at 11:06, RIP Mourinho said:

Not really true, guessing you or no one you know has suffered with addiction in any form?

Sorry not having it..
He has the money for a chauffeur, clinics, in fact any help he needs. If he CHOOSES not to take any of those options that's his doing so gets no sympathy from me.
I'm sick to death of people not taking responsibility for their actions anymore, there always 'addicted' or under mental health issues, FFS most of it is what normal people call life !! he's a pisshead drink driving waster who just happens to play for our club, and the sooner the last part is rectified the better imo.

25 minutes ago, chelseablueboy said:

Sorry not having it..
He has the money for a chauffeur, clinics, in fact any help he needs. If he CHOOSES not to take any of those options that's his doing so gets no sympathy from me.
I'm sick to death of people not taking responsibility for their actions anymore, there always 'addicted' or under mental health issues, FFS most of it is what normal people call life !! he's a pisshead drink driving waster who just happens to play for our club, and the sooner the last part is rectified the better imo.

Maybe he's tried. One of my best friends has tried every bit of help and counselling imaginable since he was a kid and it hasn't helped him one jot.

30 minutes ago, chelseablueboy said:

I'm sick to death of people not taking responsibility for their actions anymore, there always 'addicted' or under mental health issues, FFS most of it is what normal people call life !!

I’m sick to death of people lumping every single person in the world in together like we’re all exactly the same and anyone who happens struggle should be cut adrift. 

2 hours ago, chelseablueboy said:

Sorry not having it..

Never dealt with addiction first hand i'm guessing, lucky man...

Can see what he's saying to a slight extent but one of my favourite singers Chester Bennington (Yes I do like Linkin Park, don't hurt me) killed himself, and he had everything, at least I thought he did, but he suffered from drug addictions. It's a very scary thing depression, I think Danny definitely has some demons, I sympathise, but at the same time he needs some good influences in his life that will tell him straight that he can't do stuff like drink driving. 

7 minutes ago, bluedave said:

Does Drinkwater really have an addiction or is he just an irresponsible d**khead who can't handle his booze? I suspect the latter, personally.

It's the way he has been, particularly on his loan to Burnley, there seems to be some problems there. 

But you might be right, maybe a good wage here has gone to his head? Who knows really. 

Just now, dkw said:

Based on you knowing him personally I presume.

I don’t know why you would presume that.

Maybe I should rephrase my post. He is definitely an irresponsible d**khead, as is clear from his much publicised incidents, but doing stupid stuff while drunk does not necessarily make him an alcoholic.

1 hour ago, bluedave said:

Does Drinkwater really have an addiction or is he just an irresponsible d**khead who can't handle his booze? I suspect the latter, personally.

unfortunately, education around drug and alcohol abuse is so poor, that we confuse the two things you mention as two separate things.

Not being able to handle your drink IS a problem... that I might have been an irresponsible d**khead was just ancillary :biggrin:

22 minutes ago, bluedave said:

I don’t know why you would presume that.

Maybe I should rephrase my post. He is definitely an irresponsible d**khead, as is clear from his much publicised incidents, but doing stupid stuff while drunk does not necessarily make him an alcoholic.

I agree with the second sentence, but alcoholism is an illness that shouldnt be taken lightly. I recently lost an uncle to alcoholism, he was actually a recovering alcoholic but his body was destroyed and he couldnt get over it. He was a gent many years ago and the change in him was immense. 

18 minutes ago, dkw said:

I agree with the second sentence, but alcoholism is an illness that shouldnt be taken lightly. I recently lost an uncle to alcoholism, he was actually a recovering alcoholic but his body was destroyed and he couldnt get over it. He was a gent many years ago and the change in him was immense. 

I lost my dad to it in March. His brother was another casualty a few years before. I don't take it lightly at all.  Neither of them drove drunk or got themselves beaten up outside of nightclubs. Their drinking was much more low-key than that, and unless you knew them closely you would never suspect they had a problem.

2 hours ago, bluedave said:

I lost my dad to it in March. His brother was another casualty a few years before. I don't take it lightly at all.  Neither of them drove drunk or got themselves beaten up outside of nightclubs. Their drinking was much more low-key than that, and unless you knew them closely you would never suspect they had a problem.

My Uncle did drink drive, he was "grassed up" to the police by his son who had nothing else to do, it was the start of his recovery. Its impossible to pin down "Normal behaviour" for an addict. 

• 3 weeks later...

On 13/12/2019 at 13:12, bluedave said:

Just because neither of them drunk drove, doesn't mean others won't.

Everyone will be different. 

One of the worst signings in a long time. Many of the bad signings we have had have at least contributed on the pitch. Danny's been able to do f**k all. Constant changing of managers has to be a factor and he have had personal problems but this was sort of doomed from day one.

Hope he finds his form and gets his life back on track.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51018493

Danny Drinkwater: Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater joins Aston Villa on loan

Chelsea midfielder Danny Drinkwater has joined Aston Villa on loan until the end of the season.

Drinkwater completed a medical at Villa's Bodymoor Heath training ground on Tuesday.

The 29-year-old has three England caps and helped Leicester City win the Premier League in 2015-16.

But he has failed to make an impact at Chelsea following his £40m move from the Foxes in 2017 and spent the first half of this season on loan at Burnley.

He has made just 12 Premier League appearances for Chelsea and returned to the club this month after his loan spell with the Clarets.

"Danny was a key member of Leicester City's title-winning team and has represented England, so he is a vastly experienced player," said Villa boss Dean Smith.

"He will strengthen our squad significantly."

2 hours ago, evissy said:

One of the worst signings in a long time.

Yup. Unless we can get a fee for him, which I'm not counting on, Drinkwater trumps the rest because of the lack of production and sell on value. 

We got a full refund on Morata, and should come relatively close on Bakayoko.

We would have been much better off letting Chalobah walk for free, rather than selling him and bringing in Drinkwater. 

It's not the players you lose that kill you. it's the players you bring in who can't play. 

He's not a terrible player and to be fair I think he could've done OK if Conte played him more, at least over Bakayoko. But obviously he gave up completely and finds himself where he is now. Last chance to do well on loan before we can sell him to recoup something, otherwise he'll just get another loan in the final year and leave for free, cementing being one of the worst transfers for us of all time.