Danny Drinkwater

Fatty_Speeding

• 4 months later...

On 28/07/2021 at 02:46, axman2526 said:

He is involved, Baka is not, makenof that what you will.

Baka must be on his way out on another loan or hopefully a permanent deal. There is no other explanation considering he isn't injured.

With Gallagher on his way to Palace on loan and Gilmour already gone to Norwich, is Danny Drinkwater in line for the fourth midfield spot as it stands? Seems that way to me unless we sign a midfielder before the window close but I doubt we do actually.

32 minutes ago, Sindre said:

With Gallagher on his way to Palace on loan and Gilmour already gone to Norwich, is Danny Drinkwater in line for the fourth midfield spot as it stands? Seems that way to me unless we sign a midfielder before the window close but I doubt we do actually.

Funny thing is I wouldnt actually be against it if he was still at his mid 00's level, proven PL player (with a proven partnership with Kante) who would know his place regarding minutes.

However after the few years he has had it would simply be too big a gamble.

Drinkwater is a talented footballer, not a top footballer but he could easily make it at a mid/lower table prem team, but it does seem like because he’s getting that £100k a week from us he just can’t be bothered to play at a level he should be. At this point he’s ruined his reputation and I don’t think another premier league team would touch him 

• 3 months later...