Alvaro Morata

coco

59 minutes ago, Sindre said:

I'm tired of the club not supporting the coach. The coach knows what kind of players that would take the team to the next level. I'd rather go with whoever Sarri wants than so mediocre club signing that we overpay for anyways.

Higuain is fit as a fiddle right now, Sarri knows him, fits the system to a tee and 50 million euros is not a ton of money anymore in this new market. 

And for me that could be the difference between top 4 and being out of it. And not making that will cost us a lot more than Higuain.

Our Napoli friends in this forum have been saying for a while now that Sarri is not a coach that knows which players to buy, but works with and gets the best from the team he’s got. They’ve even warned here not to let him do the “shopping”. So not sure why he should now go and change that by telling our board who he wants or not.

1 hour ago, Valerie said:

This, ladies and gentlemen and everybody in between, is the long awaited moment that Morata turns a corner! I'm thinking 24 goals in the league, 4 in the cups and 8 in Europe. Conservative estimate of course.

Well it's Friday night Valerie, I'll have what your drinking!!!!

21 minutes ago, Lord said:

The increase in the weight of the number will definitely help his body to remain upright instead of incessantly falling over with  the softest of touches. 

You know the only thing all that extra weight is going to do is make him win less headers......

Morata had an interview with Darren Lewis where he talks about Sarri, Hudson-Odoi saying 'I never saw a player like CHO before' and etc. 

Kinda felt for him after reading the interview when he mentioned his father giving words of encouragement. He comes across so determined in these interviews but shows the complete when on the pitch. Very confusing. Been criticising him a lot but will wait and see if he really means to change things around since he confirmed he is staying and Marina said she trusts him. 

Edited by zes

On 30/04/2018 at 10:03, ForeverCarefree said:

Well he's not wrong is he? 

Premier League stats for most goals and assists (combined) 

DcAoU9nXcAAnxiO.jpg:large

That our players are nowhere near the top of that list speaks volumes and Morata has (so far) failed to live up to expectations. At this moment in time it looks like we've taken a massive downgrade by selling Diego and bringing him in. 

From that table it looks like we made a massive mistake by selling Salah and bringing in Costa as our main striker...... Just say saying........

If he is staying then let's hope he scores a hatful this year staring on Saturday. Some more sneaky Dave crosses from right back are in order.

That said it also makes me think a genuine goalscorer from attacking midfield might be a necessary purchase.

Edited by Spiller86

8 hours ago, just said:

From that table it looks like we made a massive mistake by selling Salah and bringing in Costa as our main striker...... Just say saying........

Costa didn't even make top 40... Waste of space. :)

1 hour ago, RIP Mourinho said:

100% agree, has my support for the season but he needs to improve his damn awful finishing. 

Well he has one of the best finishers in the game with Zola...and hopefully Sir Didier could be persuaded to help out too...

Interesting to hear Morata say he was experiencing some form of depression last season, but refused to leave and wants to stay and work hard to do well with Chelsea. I think last season wasn't ideal for anybody tbh, the whole atmosphere at the club, among the players and coach were a little bit toxic. Certainly not the best environment for a player coming to the PL for the first time and trying to adapt. 

Edited by enigma

27 minutes ago, enigma said:

Interesting to hear Morata say he was experiencing some form of depression last season, but refused to leave and wants to stay and work hard to do well with Chelsea. I think last season wasn't ideal for anybody tbh, the whole atmosphere at the club, among the players and coach were a little bit toxic. Certainly not the best environment for a player coming to the PL for the first time and trying to adapt. 

Although i agree it was a tough season to come in to he certainly didn't help himself with the way he carried himself on the pitch and played the victim hitting the deck with any contact. Hopefully he can improve under Sarri.

Guest Sindre
1 minute ago, Backbiter said:

Yes, totally anaemic showing today. City are a very difficult team to play against but Morata looked totally dispirited out there. Tammy showed more hunger when he came on. 

Again. He looked exactly how he's looked the last eight months for us.

Certainly there will have to come a point where we say enough is enough and bin him? I don't think he wants to be here even.