Next Chelsea Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

3 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

You think so? I think Zola, for one, would argue with that cynical  point of view.  

(And, those who know me would be screaming that for me to be accusing someone else of cynicism means a huge amount)

But we are talking about Conte here. a man that has been banned form football for corruption and has fought to overturn that ruling. If anybody has the wherewithal to be able to manage their image and to have the savvy to ensure that his image rights and earnings potential in this market never takes him back to the potential abyss he was previously looking at it is Conte. Of course nobody has proof of these things in the same way that nobody has proof positive of anybody's honour loyalty and integrity, but do we really think that people's general impression of Conte's demeanour last season as being one of goading the club into sacking him and paying him off was so far of the mark

I really don't get this defensive football tag that conte has got. 

We certainly don't play to 'suffer' against the vast majority of teams. Like mourinho, conte is pragmatist, and if he feels like our best chance of beating a team, is to sit deep and play on the counter, then that's how he will set us up. 

We went out to barca having attacked them more than we have under any manager in the abrahmovic era. 

There were some abysmal displays last season, some were down to tactics, some were down to individual errors at both ends of the pitch. 

Conte definately went over board with the criticisms of the board and quality of players, but I think fans are quick to forget he is still a world class coach. 

Personally I still think he should be replaced with sarri, but I will still show him the respect the he deserves for orchestrating an fa cup and league title. 

Whether he stays or goes, we need better players to get back into the top 4 this season. 

2 minutes ago, zes said:

Lol who have England been playing so far? 

Tunisia - pub team

Panama - another pub team 

Belgium - lost

Colombia - Penalties 

Sweden - Pub team

I will admit the errors in my ways if England manage to beat a good side like Belgium or France, which they won't. 

I get the point, but it is a bit harsh. Iceland would have been deemed a pub team. As would Norwich City and Hull City, but we are all crowing about our success in the FA Cup....quite rightly so as well :smile:

1 hour ago, TheChelseaBlues said:

The club have done Conte wrong so far this offseason. There's not been a word for him or his camp other than the usual 'I'm happy to be here and preparing for preseason'. 

Chelsea have been actively suiting a replacement without sacking him first. If he's sacked tomorrow and Sarri is signed, fantastic. Say want you want but he's been consistent for months now that he's prepared to do his job and won't step down because he wants to fulfill his responsibilities.

I can't see any reason for the certain block of us to keep going on about how he wants to leave and we're going to be awful because he's going to mail it in. What in Conte's personality makes you think that? He's quit other jobs before and if you think it's about the money you need to step back and see that he's already a multimillionaire. 

His staff would like the pay out. 

5 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Short memory, huh? 

He really isn't far off. 2009 home under Hiddink we maybe did the same but this season at home we really did so. The year we won them 4-1 we countered them with deadly force and every other time we have sitted back like a doubledecker bus. 

14 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

But we are talking about Conte here. a man that has been banned form football for corruption and has fought to overturn that ruling. 

Even the simplest of googles will find you

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/31/antonio-conte-pledges-to-give-everything-for-chelsea-and-admits/

Conte has officially begun the rebuilding job at Chelsea with his name finally cleared of the allegations that had tarnished his reputation for the past four years.

The former Italy coach was accused of failing to report an incident of attempted match-fixing while in charge of Siena in 2011, serving a four-month ban and enduring a nightmare during an exhaustive investigation.

But Conte’s ordeal came to an end in May after he was cleared of any wrong-doing  by an Italian court, enabling him to start work at Stamford Bridge with the cloud removed.

But that obviously wouldn't fit with an anti-Conte agenda, and ignoring those facts allows lazy and sloppy-minded slating of his attitude and greediness.

16 minutes ago, zes said:

Tunisia - pub team

Belgium - lost

Colombia - Penalties 

Sweden - Pub team

I will admit the errors in my ways if England manage to beat a good side like Belgium or France, which they won't. 

Whether you like it or not, they are implementing a similar formation to what Chelsea has been playing for two seasons and got to the semifinals. And those praising the English team "success" are some of those that deem Conte's tactics as not good enough for us. My argument is that it is not about the formation, it's about the players we have in the midfield. Because what you say is that the formation was a one off success, and I am showing you that it is not (by the way, the same formation has been played by many teams in the PL this season).

4 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Even the simplest of googles will find you

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/07/31/antonio-conte-pledges-to-give-everything-for-chelsea-and-admits/

Conte has officially begun the rebuilding job at Chelsea with his name finally cleared of the allegations that had tarnished his reputation for the past four years.

The former Italy coach was accused of failing to report an incident of attempted match-fixing while in charge of Siena in 2011, serving a four-month ban and enduring a nightmare during an exhaustive investigation.

But Conte’s ordeal came to an end in May after he was cleared of any wrong-doing  by an Italian court, enabling him to start work at Stamford Bridge with the cloud removed.

But that obviously wouldn't fit with an anti-Conte agenda, and ignoring those facts allows lazy and sloppy-minded slating of his attitude and greediness.

But as can be seen from my text I didn't need to Google anything, as overturning the ruling and being cleared of allegations in a court amounted to the same this, the overturning of his intended ban from football. Which is what I stated.

I don't think you will find anywhere within my post history have I ever made a personal comment against you. By all means disagree with the comments that I put and set out an argument to support your comments, which I would be happy to debate with you. But please try to refrain from continually attempt to belittle those people that post opinions and thoughts that don't fit in with your own rationale.

“Antonio Conte will be taking sessions at Cobham today, as he’s still being paid to do so..

Chelsea still in negotiations with Napoli for Sarri. The wait continues.... no clarity expected to be given today, but then stranger things have happened.”

What is left to negotiate at this stage..

16 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

But as can be seen from my text I didn't need to Google anything, as overturning the ruling and being cleared of allegations in a court amounted to the same this, the overturning of his intended ban from football. Which is what I stated.

I don't think you will find anywhere within my post history have I ever made a personal comment against you. By all means disagree with the comments that I put and set out an argument to support your comments, which I would be happy to debate with you. But please try to refrain from continually attempt to belittle those people that post opinions and thoughts that don't fit in with your own rationale.

I'm not sure why you would think there was anything personal, as I was commenting on your comments, admittedly in a dismissive way that they deserved, in my opinion.

We were discussing whether there was,in fact, any honour and decency in football, and you jumped in with a snide, sneering and smearing reference to 

29 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

But we are talking about Conte here. a man that has been banned form football for corruption? and has fought to overturn that ruling. 

In my mind, if you are using the initial accusation as a stick to beat the man with, you should, in all decency, also state that he was cleared of all charges.

Or are you one of those who thinks that if an accusation has been made, that is good enough to condemn a man?

16 minutes ago, JM7 said:

“Antonio Conte will be taking sessions at Cobham today, as he’s still being paid to do so..

Chelsea still in negotiations with Napoli for Sarri. The wait continues.... no clarity expected to be given today, but then stranger things have happened.”

What is left to negotiate at this stage..

https://www.chelsea-news.co/2018/07/image-no-antonio-conte-sight-senior-chelsea-players-turn-pre-season-training/

36 minutes ago, RMH said:

Whether you like it or not, they are implementing a similar formation to what Chelsea has been playing for two seasons and got to the semifinals. And those praising the English team "success" are some of those that deem Conte's tactics as not good enough for us. My argument is that it is not about the formation, it's about the players we have in the midfield. Because what you say is that the formation was a one off success, and I am showing you that it is not (by the way, the same formation has been played by many teams in the PL this season).

Yes but formation doesn't really matter does it when you're playing Panama? Any formation will work against lower teams that lack quality. Well done England for making it this far when in the past we would have lost to Panama and Sweden but bigger tests await and my argument was always regarding beating the top teams. All the best teams mostly use 4-3-3 as of now. Who cares if West Ham use 3-5-2. 

49 minutes ago, WhiteWall said:

That's rich coming from someone that is hinting that to our current coach is corrupt and is doubting his integrity in a public forum...

27 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I'm not sure why you would think there was anything personal, as I was commenting on your comments, admittedly in a dismissive way that they deserved, in my opinion.

We were discussing whether there was,in fact, any honour and decency in football, and you jumped in with a snide, sneering and smearing reference to 

In my mind, if you are using the initial accusation as a stick to beat the man with, you should, in all decency, also state that he was cleared of all charges.

Or are you one of those who thinks that if an accusation has been made, that is good enough to condemn a man?

I think you will find that I have accused nobody of anything. I have merely stated a fact, as you are routinely pointing out to everybody on this forum to do whenever they do seem to post an opinion. No accusation, Conte, along with a number of players were banned due to alleged corruption and the club, Juventus were relegated. Conte subsequently cleared his name and had the ban overturned. No accusation here. Merely emphasizing that event in his life to highlight my opinion that he would be very aware of the power and importance of image in order to maintain a very profitable income for him and his family.

Nothing snide, merely an opinion, which I what I thought this forum was supposed to be for. Furthermore I am not sure I even know how to sneer in written form.

1 minute ago, RMH said:

That's rich coming from someone that is hinting that to our current coach is corrupt and is doubting his integrity in a public forum...

Where have I hinted that anybody is corrupt. The thread was discussing whether Conte would just walk away or wait to be sacked for the money, which somehow got into thoughts on honour and integrity. I wasn't slurring, defaming or hinting at anything. I was merely highlighting that a particularly critical part of his career, which he overcame could easily have left him with a marked sense of the importance of image and media savviness. To be honest I am not sure exactly how the comments I have made have been misconstrued as I was highlighting his awareness of the environment that he is now in. To think that he would just walk away form this situation, as some have suggested, seems strange to me. That's all.

There are reports (with questionable reliabilility) that Napoli want 17.5 m to release Sarri. 

I don’t know if that is true, but if it is, we are looking at something in the tune of 60 million to appoint Sarri. 

17 million to release + 10 million to fire + 30 million three-year contract. (not to mention backroom staff). 

Quite some money. 

Seems to be a bit of panic in here. Could be anything going on. CDS in Italy are reporting that Sarri is likely to be announced after Roman sorted things personally with ADL last evening. No one seems to be reporting this elsewhere though. 

Just now, Spiller86 said:

Seems to be a bit of panic in here. Could be anything going on. CDS in Italy are reporting that Sarri is likely to be announced after Roman sorted things personally with ADL last evening. No one seems to be reporting this elsewhere though. 

The clickbait had you clicking it though, so it did its job lol

1 hour ago, zes said:

Tunisia - pub team

Belgium - lost

Colombia - Penalties 

Sweden - Pub team

"Pub team"

How many pubs do you know who have teams that get to the knock out stages of the world cup?

Your local must be a hoot. 

2 hours ago, zes said:

Yes I mentioned the surprise factor. Teams move on. 

This post cracks me up too. 

The "surprise factor"

I like this a lot.

We should field a new formation I reckon. A 2-1-3-1-1-2.

It will be narrow & unusual but it have a very strong "surprise factor".

Never underestimate the "surprise factor" people.