Next Chelsea Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Who would be your choice as Chelsea manager going into next season?  

213 members have voted

1. 1. Here are the current favorites with Conte included. Jody Morris is in there as he is the current youth team manager, and promoting from within seems to have worked for Barca, so why not us?!

• Luis Enrique
    • Massimilliano Allegri
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Diego Simeoni
    • Thomas Tuchel
    • Maurizio Sarri
    • Jody Morris
    • Antonio Conte
    • Other

10 hours ago, TomCFC85 said:

Guys, an inside source has just told me that the deal will be confirmed tomorrow.
In the very unlikely case this doesn't happen, then a deal will be confirmed some other day with the possibility of either keeping Conte or getting a different manager.

The perfect statement :laugh2:

No matter what happens with Sarri and Jorginho, the club should embrace the policy of calling every single Napoli players, privately, on their phones, put the worms into their brains. Make ADL's life living hell, this tw(t

Edited by Giordano_Bruno

2 hours ago, Stim said:

they have been back for TWO DAYS. Half the squad ISN'T EVEN BACK. At MOST so far HALF the squad has had ONE training session with Conte. This would be the case with any manager. Then you assume people on the inside know as much as us on the outside. 

Just go with this next time instead of trying to make up reasons to say it.

Preseason is as much as about off-the-field preparation as on-field squad conditioning. This is so much more important for a  new manager coming from outside England who has to begin afresh from  the most basic of things like "where to live" to the more complex "players to sell and players to buy", and myriad other things that come along with a new manager:  tactical shift, new training methods, new backroom staff, building player-manager rapport, interactive sessions and so forth. 

I am not trying to paint a doom and gloom picture, but to scornfully disregard the entire fiasco with  "they have been back for TWO days..... and had ONE training session with Conte"  is reflective of the lack of discernment of the complexities involved with getting a foreign manager. The training session should have never happened with Conte. That is also disrespectful to the man who won us the Premier League title. 

Again, to reiterate, this is  not the end of the world, and hopefully we will play exciting and better football next year, but the entire thing could have been handled better and wrapped up much earlier, if the Board was not haggling over what is essentially peanuts in today's transfer market. 

11 hours ago, JM7 said:

“Tomorrow Jorginho will be in London to sign for Chelsea. Total agreement with Napoli for €65-70m. Five-year contract worth €4.5 million for Jorginho, who will take #8 from Barkley.

Chelsea will announce Maurizio Sarri on Wednesday in ‘spectacular fashion’, announcement being prepared behind the scenes.”

Ohhhh, I hope there will loads of balloons!

11 minutes ago, Lord said:

but to scornfully disregard the entire fiasco with  "they have been back for TWO days..... and had ONE training session with Conte"  is reflective of the lack of discernment of the complexities involved with getting a foreign manager

There you go @Stim, you know-nothing, f**k-wit!  You obviously don't understand what's involved in being a top, top manager for a world-class team, so just be told, will you?

Thankfully, we HAVE got a poster with such experience,  so we won't be kept in the dark.

53 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

There you go @Stim, you know-nothing, f**k-wit!  You obviously don't understand what's involved in being a top, top manager for a world-class team, so just be told, will you?

Thankfully, we HAVE got a poster with such experience,  so we won't be kept in the dark.

That is because the Plastic Professor refuses to educate us all and continues to keep us all, mere supporters, in the dark. ;)

1 hour ago, Raff_Sarrista said:

Jorginho + Sarri would be great. Let’s sign Golovin and midfield would be complete.

Both are very technical and have the legs to press the opposition and play out of tight spaces when our own backline is being pressed. Something we struggled with last season when even the likes of Bournemouth pressed us high up the pitch and we resorted to Thibaut hoofing the ball up and losing possession to escape the press. Great acquisitions but I will wait till I see pics as always. 

Edited by zes

1 hour ago, Lord said:

Preseason is as much as about off-the-field preparation as on-field squad conditioning. This is so much more important for a  new manager coming from outside England who has to begin afresh from  the most basic of things like "where to live" to the more complex "players to sell and players to buy", and myriad other things that come along with a new manager:  tactical shift, new training methods, new backroom staff, building player-manager rapport, interactive sessions and so forth. 

I am not trying to paint a doom and gloom picture, but to scornfully disregard the entire fiasco with  "they have been back for TWO days..... and had ONE training session with Conte"  is reflective of the lack of discernment of the complexities involved with getting a foreign manager. The training session should have never happened with Conte. That is also disrespectful to the man who won us the Premier League title. 

Again, to reiterate, this is  not the end of the world, and hopefully we will play exciting and better football next year, but the entire thing could have been handled better and wrapped up much earlier, if the Board was not haggling over what is essentially peanuts in today's transfer market. 

Agree with this. We're well into the second week of July. I don't see too many other clubs waiting this long to hire their new manager. Perhaps because it's not a good idea. If it were a good idea you'd think more clubs would try and give it a go.

Napoli hired Ancelotti ages ago. They knew who their new manager would be. They also knew who our new manager would be. This is the only logical conclusion. They knew. We knew. Everybody knew. We just had to pay. And we refused. That decision has cost us time and money, I feel sure.

We'll be a little bit behind from the off but hopefully we can make it up. Either way, our board has once again impeded us.

As for Conte, you're right, embarrassing. Getting him to take training when he's a lame duck manager. I'm sure it was used as leverage against Napoli, to try and make them believe we would walk away from the deal and keep Conte on for another year. Conte's toast. Everybody knows it, including the players. This is a really regrettable episode from the club.

This was probably answered months ago but why was Sarri even replaced at Napoli? If ADL was willing to pay his wages why not just keep him as head coach until we eventually paid up and then get a new manager. I don't understand why Carlo was hired months ago after Sarri had just helped Napoli to an incredible season. 

If Chelsea don't take Sarri off Napoli's hands, he could be a real pain in the arse moaning every five minutes. Although I would be quite happy for Chelsea to keep Conte until the end of his contract, it would be good to wrap things up!

I’ve not paid much attention to the rumours this year, probably the first time ever in my life. Unless it’s something I’ve heard about from friends (I.e. Higuain *cries inconsolably*)

I just can’t keep up with the sh*te the media keep spouting about our manager and potential signings.

I’m genuinely at the point where I don’t care anymore, once our season starts up again and all the silly season bollox is done and we can concentrate on the actual football, the better.

Conte or no Conte, good signings or no good signings - we all still support chelsea football club. 

Admittedly, I do share everyone’s frustration but we’ve been here before with the club in the last few years, it would take a big shift for us to suddenly get our sh*t together. 

It's all still just rumour but apparently Jean-Michael Seri who was strongly linked with us is set to join Fulham. 

We're apparently close to agreeing deals for Jorginho and Rugani. 

Both players from Serie A. One played for Sarri at Napoli the other Sarri tried to sign. 

If and it's a big IF we're signing those two then it looks like Sarri might be dictating the transfer strategy ready for his appointment.