Following Our Nearest & Dearest Rivals, 2018/2019

De Gea has been doing a Hodor for United for 5-6 seasons now, it's about time he let a few in and act like human. I find it amusing United fans take him for granted, and quickly pointing fingers at him once he let a few in. That Spurs game this year, United would have lost 3-4 if not for him, and all the pundits reckon it was mainly due to the brillant tactical setup of Ole. We should have wrapped up the top 4 beating United, but it's another "if only".

On 28/04/2019 at 15:01, axman2526 said:

Burnley really are a horrible little club. When I looked at the fixtures I thought this one would be the undoing of City and the doom of football. Get ready for the liverpool love in and title parade.

Flippin Burnley.

They might yet take points off Arsenal come the last day of the season.

People may not agree with me, but I think the Leeds player did nothing wrong. How many times does it need to be said that you play on until the ref blows his whistle? Footballers go down pretending they are hurt in every single game, so I don't think it should be on the players to kick the ball out of play when a player goes down, the ref should be the only one to make that call. People will say you should kick it out for sportsmanship reasons, but what about when the player is pretending to be injured? that's poor sportsmanship too.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

People may not agree with me, but I think the Leeds player did nothing wrong. How many times does it need to be said that you play on until the ref blows his whistle? Footballers go down pretending they are hurt in every single game, so I don't think it should be on the players to kick the ball out of play when a player goes down, the ref should be the only one to make that call. People will say you should kick it out for sportsmanship reasons, but what about when the player is pretending to be injured? that's poor sportsmanship too.

The thing is that Villa did the favor like 10 minutes earlier to Leeds so you kinda expect the favor back, then the winger pretends he was gonna put the ball out instead plays it to a guy who is offside because the linesman wasnt paying attention anymore . I can see why Villa was upset but like you said you have to play until the whistle, when you dont respect the unwritten rules of football theres always gonna have a reaction like we had sunday. Good on Biesla for letting Villa scored afterward.

Edited by DidierDrogbalala

On 29/04/2019 at 01:35, The Brit said:

Serious question...if van Dijk played for another club, would he be player of the year? I think not...

Let's not pretend he hasn't made a huge difference to that Liverpool side. 

Last year Liverpool finished the season having conceded 38 goals, with two games left to play they've currently only let in 20. Liverpool have lost just once this season too having lost 5 last year. He's transformed that back line, if that's not a reason to be up for player of the year what is? 

I get that as Chelsea fans we don't want to praise the scousers for anything but surely we can acknowledge what a good season VVD has had for Liverpool? 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Last year Liverpool finished the season having conceded 38 goals, with two games left to play they've currently only let in 20. Liverpool have lost just once this season too having lost 5 last year. He's transformed that back line, if that's not a reason to be up for player of the year what is? 

I get that as Chelsea fans we don't want to praise the scousers for anything but surely we can acknowledge what a good season VVD has had for Liverpool? 

Completely agree, although if any of my Scouse friends from the pub are listening he's still the £75m Mario Melchiot.

So Spurs face Ajax tonight and have only two fit front men in Llorente and Moura. I've seen this before when an 'inferior' team beats a top team (City) and it takes so much out of them they then bomb out in the next round. Not saying that will happen today just raises that spectre.

Surprised to see Son is banned due to number of yellows.

Edited by Strider6003

17 hours ago, coco said:

and the defender that tried to tackle the villa player.:laugh2:

That was my favourite bit ha ha, he was fuming they let them through...

8 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

It's wrong to give van dijk sole credit for this...people forget the keeper that also arrived, the full backs are superb, beforehand he got injured, Gomez was a brilliant partner at the back...plus Liverpool have played far more defensively than last season. I don't deny van dijk has had a very good season, but that wasn't the point I was making. 

All anyone talks about in terms of Liverpool's improvement is van dijk...that's not a fair reflection of what's happened there this season...I have seen many Liverpool games where he has made errors but they're never flagged up because it isn't in the script that he has singlehandedly saved Liverpool.

everything about Liverpool always has to be hyped up...best fans, best club, all season we've heard chat he's best defender in the world...if he'd ended up at chelsea as Conte wanted, there's no way he'd get such acclaim - instead his every mistake would have been scrutinised like all our big buys. 

Deserves to be in pl team of the year for sure, but not player of the season for me.

Edited by The Brit

4 minutes ago, rtwelch said:

I reckon Spurs & Liverpool will lose in the CL. Maybe Arsenal as well on Thursday. Just hope we're the odd one out ?

That's a bloody ideal outcome, strangely enough I can see Spurs bottling it in the Semi's more than Liverpool, even though it's clear Liverpool have the harder two games. 

I know some people might refer to 2012, but sp*rs luck has to run out at some stage...they only got here cos llorente punched a ball over the line and somehow got away with it. Ajax actually deserve to be here...their run to the last four has been incredible...