ForeverCarefree

Wilfred Zaha

Well - Zaha always gives us a torrid time when in opposition. 

That said, he's inconsistent.  We also don't need Hazard, Pedro, Willian, and Hudson-Odio + Zaha.  So you figure one of them will go.  Pedro is the obvious one, because he's the oldest, and is also inconsistent.

Zaha is a gamble, imo.  When he's good, he's very good, when he's bad, he's useless.

6 hours ago, Xfaxtor said:

I remember someone trying to post this reasoning for Mikel. It was rubbish then and its rubbish now.

I said that same about Stinkwater and I was right about him...you guys don't half talk sh*te when you're desperate for a new signing...

Edited by doctorblue

1 hour ago, EdgarAllanPoe said:

Well - Zaha always gives us a torrid time when in opposition. 

That said, he's inconsistent.  We also don't need Hazard, Pedro, Willian, and Hudson-Odio + Zaha.  So you figure one of them will go.  Pedro is the obvious one, because he's the oldest, and is also inconsistent.

Zaha is a gamble, imo.  When he's good, he's very good, when he's bad, he's useless.

And Pedro has just signed a contract extension...

Hmm could not willian offer sarri the box to box midfielder with a goal scoring touch and technique sarri has been hinting at with different characteristics?

If he plays him in the middle 3, which he may or may not like the idea of but we have barely seen Willian to know, a spot opens in the front 3 for zaha...

Along with Hazard, isn't Zaha generally one of the most fouled players in the league? He's a very tricky and pacey customer, and we need more direct players who will either create something in the final 3rd or win us free kicks/penalties too.

I would happily let Willian or Pedro go, with Zaha coming in - he has a good 5+ years to contribute, and is deserves his 2nd chance at stepping up and playing for one of the bigger teams (us) even though his time at United was a failure. There isn't that many other wingers/wide forward players in the league I would have in on a transfer within the Premier League, and I think he counts as home grown too right (sure he grew up in Croydon despite playing for Ivory Coast!).

53 minutes ago, JMaher94 said:

Zaha is so underrated by football fans because of who he plays for.

I think he's accurately rated not because of who he plays for, but because he just isn't top quality.  I've said previously,  he has found his level, and has a blinder every 15 or 20 matches (usually against us) and then is anonymous for the most part.  Now, I know a lot of you lads like a bit of stats-w**king, so here it comes

2017/2018

29(1) 9

2016/2017

35(1) 7

2015/2016

34(4) 2

2014/2015

31(8) 4

Cack formatting, I know, but Zaha's last four seasons performance, the best one being 9 goals in 30 matches.  Before that, 7 in 36, 2 in 38 and 4 in 39.

Hardly setting the world alight, is he?  On that Premier League player statistics pages, the only mention I can find of Zaha is on the "Big Chances Missed" and Caught Offside lists, where he is joint eighth and joint 15th.  No mention on goals, assists, minutes played, appearances, shots, passes or touches.

I would rather bring in Bailey, but not against the Zaha idea.  Even if his end product is not ideal, he’s younger than Willian, and good shout above-they could potentially play at the same time anyways.  Sometimes I think we’re too picky as fans, though I can see the hesitation with the price rumored.

14 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

I think he's accurately rated not because of who he plays for, but because he just isn't top quality.  I've said previously,  he has found his level, and has a blinder every 15 or 20 matches (usually against us) and then is anonymous for the most part.  Now, I know a lot of you lads like a bit of stats-w**king, so here it comes

2017/2018

29(1) 9

2016/2017

35(1) 7

2015/2016

34(4) 2

2014/2015

31(8) 4

Cack formatting, I know, but Zaha's last four seasons performance, the best one being 9 goals in 30 matches.  Before that, 7 in 36, 2 in 38 and 4 in 39.

Hardly setting the world alight, is he?  On that Premier League player statistics pages, the only mention I can find of Zaha is on the "Big Chances Missed" and Caught Offside lists, where he is joint eighth and joint 15th.  No mention on goals, assists, minutes played, appearances, shots, passes or touches.

I don't care for stats one bit. They're misleading and the reason people don't think Hazard is one of the best in the world.

Everytime I watch Palace, he's far and away their best player.

I would take Zaha at Chelsea. Him and Hazard would cause opposition defences nightmares.

Not arguing that he isn't the best player at Palace.   Jay Rodriguez was West Brom's best player by far.  Wouldn't want him either.

Putting Zaha and Hazard in the same sentence is like comparing me and Gianfranco  Zola, and should never be done.

Jeez, people have been moaning in here about Willian's consistency.  WTF would they make of Zaha?

Just now, yorkleyblue said:

Not arguing that he isn't the best player at Palace.   Jay Rodriguez was West Brom's best player by far.  Wouldn't want him either.

Putting Zaha and Hazard in the same sentence is like comparing me and Gianfranco  Zola, and should never be done.

Jeez, people have been moaning in here about Willian's consistency.  WTF would they make of Zaha?

That's a statement! He picked up at the end of the last season yet was AWOL for some time if I remember correctly though not sure if it was injury or poor form.

Rodriguez does not stand out like Zaha for me.

I would like Zaha as long as we could fit them in with Hazard and not freeze out CHO, for me Hazard and Willian's shots are mercurial and not consistent,

I can't see him coming now as it is too close to the season start for Palace to replace adequately like JMaher94 I also recall hearing that Palace had not lost when he was playing.

I think any focus should be in another Box to Box midfielder to press and defend unless of course Sarri thinks a Barkley and or RLC combo can achieve that.

2 hours ago, doctorblue said:

I said that same about Stinkwater and I was right about him...you guys don't half talk sh*te when you're desperate for a new signing...

But Drinkwater was an important piece for a title winning Leicester side and made the England side who played at the Euros so that doesnt fit your argument bow dies it? Im not saying Zaha is a great player or that I even want him. But saying we shouldnt buy him because he hadnt won anything or saying he shouldnt replace someone whos won the lot is stupid.

26 minutes ago, mwblue10 said:

I would rather bring in Bailey, but not against the Zaha idea.  Even if his end product is not ideal, he’s younger than Willian, and good shout above-they could potentially play at the same time anyways.  Sometimes I think we’re too picky as fans, though I can see the hesitation with the price rumored.

Baily has done f**k all too though. He's got a left foot, but that's about it. Don't see how he takes us to the another level any more than what we have. 

1 hour ago, enigma said:

Baily has done f**k all too though. He's got a left foot, but that's about it. Don't see how he takes us to the another level any more than what we have. 

You can say that about a lot of players.  Sane and B. Silva for City were both bought on potential and both look like the real deal.  Do you expect Bailey to be banging in goals left and right, and winning player of the year in Germany?  I’m not a fan of the “he’s done f*ck all” argument.  Bailey is exactly the type of attacking player we need, and by that I mean he’s young, pacey, and has potential to be world class. Not to mention the left foot that you already brought up.

Edited by mwblue10

All I can say is that Zaha can be good, but too often isn't.  This is the very reason some people slate Pedro. 

As fore Willian - the guy is magic.  Conte didn't play him enough.  He's someone who needs a bit of freedom, and needs to be in the team week-in week-out.  For me, Willian is very much a better player than Zaha, we're talking someone who's a 9/10, against someone who's a 7/10, imo.

5 hours ago, JMaher94 said:

I don't care for stats one bit. They're misleading and the reason people don't think Hazard is one of the best in the world.

Everytime I watch Palace, he's far and away their best player.

I would take Zaha at Chelsea. Him and Hazard would cause opposition defences nightmares.

It's easy to put up stats for Crystal Palace and say that they don't have a player that would have the quality for a bigger team so I agree with you.

The irony is though, out of last 3 games Palace won against our team twice and in both of their wins Zaha had scored a goal, but I guess he's just average, I mean it took Messi maybe 6-7 games to score against us as well he's average too.

13 hours ago, enigma said:

Chelsea’s have to sign the players that have done ‘f**k all’ now and should be buying players with potential  and looking to invest time in them like we have done with hazard as that’s the only way now we will end up with top players. We are not in the league anymore of going to buy the best talent. 

If Leon Bailey gets 25 goals next year and does ‘something’ he’s out of your price range 

If Zaha goes to a top club and players really well again we ain’t going to buy him 

people must be realistic as to where we are as a club now 

28 minutes ago, doctorblue said:

£75m for a player that has done f**k all is a lot of dough...

And if he flops we are stuck with him & his 6 figure wages because no team outside the PL would touch him. 

46 minutes ago, ducavis said:

And if he flops we are stuck with him & his 6 figure wages because no team outside the PL would touch him. 

Depends how the deal is structured with add ons personally I can’t see it ever reaching that amount. Considering he has already rejected a 125k per week deal I don’t think wages are a massive problem for clubs with the premier league money even the size of palace now days. 

Unless Willian goes Man Utd I don’t see the logic in signing Zaha or Bailey