ForeverCarefree

Wilfred Zaha

I may be in the minority here but I think Zaha will most likely flourish in our system and take his game to the next level, I can see Zaha improving in a similar manner to how Mane improved vastly once he joined Liverpool.

1 hour ago, Imran_CFC said:

I may be in the minority here but I think Zaha will most likely flourish in our system and take his game to the next level, I can see Zaha improving in a similar manner to how Mane improved vastly once he joined Liverpool.

Like he did when he joined Manchester United you mean ?

I think he'd disappear even more than he does already ... hopefully we won't have to find out LOL

3 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

When he was young? by David Moyes?. Plenty of players at a young age get rejected at top clubs so it doesn't mean much.

True, but most are rejected for a reason, they just aren't top-level.  Wilf is one of those,  in my opinion.

Without getting all KdB/Salah on me, who can you remember who was let go by a top 6 club who then went on to be a great?

22 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

True, but most are rejected for a reason, they just aren't top-level.  Wilf is one of those,  in my opinion.

Without getting all KdB/Salah on me, who can you remember who was let go by a top 6 club who then went on to be a great?

Gnabry springs to mind by an english club, im sure there are others. To me he would get into every team in the league apart from Liverpool and City. He is second every season for take ons behind Hazard, he gives every top fullback in the league problems. Playing with better players will obviously help too.

Scott Parker and Lukaku also.

Edited by jack_super_class

55 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Gnabry springs to mind by an english club, im sure there are others. To me he would get into every team in the league apart from Liverpool and City. He is second every season for take ons behind Hazard, he gives every top fullback in the league problems. Playing with better players will obviously help too.

Scott Parker and Lukaku also.

Really?  Scott Parker and Lukaku?  Neither one of them could be considered world-class and even a relatively piss-poor United let Lukaku go, as did we, and Everton.  I don't know much about Gnabry, though.

if you are talking about Zaha, he didn't give Reece James any problems.

I'd find this highly disappointing. We need someone to share the load with Tammy and a CB who is at his prime to help the younger guys have some stability. Other than that...? Maybe a left back if we are going to sell Alonso and\or Palmeri.

59 minutes ago, yorkleyblue said:

Really?  Scott Parker and Lukaku?  Neither one of them could be considered world-class and even a relatively piss-poor United let Lukaku go, as did we, and Everton.  I don't know much about Gnabry, though.

if you are talking about Zaha, he didn't give Reece James any problems.

You didn't say they had to be world class though? im just giving you some examples of players leaving a top 6 side and then came back to a top 6 club.  Lukaku's gone to another big club in Italy though and he's banging them in. Zaha wants to leave and so hes unhappy, your not going to get the best out of a player who is unhappy. He didn't have his best game agreed but harsh to judge him on one single game in his career.

3 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

You didn't say they had to be world class though? im just giving you some examples of players leaving a top 6 side and then came back to a top 6 club.  Lukaku's gone to another big club in Italy though and he's banging them in. Zaha wants to leave and so hes unhappy, your not going to get the best out of a player who is unhappy. He didn't have his best game agreed but harsh to judge him on one single game in his career.

Zaha left Man U, what 4 years ago, 5 maybe? If he had developed into a top 6 club player, why hasn't any of those clubs tried to sign him during those years? It"s not as if Zaha hasn't angled for a move. Sure, every window he gets linked in the press to every club in the universe, and yet invariably nothing happens. That's because those top 6 clubs aren't interested in the first place. He's not an upgrade for any of them. That's not just one match, that's several seasons.

Edited by Valerie

12 minutes ago, Valerie said:

If he had developed into a top 6 club player, why hasn't any of those clubs tried to sign him during those years?

Only Tottenham and Arsenal have actively pursued him, which tell us all we need to know about his level. 

9 hours ago, Munkworth said:

Only Tottenham and Arsenal have actively pursued him, which tell us all we need to know about his level. 

At most as a player coming off the bench for the final 15 minutes, like a Batshuayi. Not an upgrade.

17 hours ago, Valerie said:

Zaha left Man U, what 4 years ago, 5 maybe? If he had developed into a top 6 club player, why hasn't any of those clubs tried to sign him during those years? It"s not as if Zaha hasn't angled for a move. Sure, every window he gets linked in the press to every club in the universe, and yet invariably nothing happens. That's because those top 6 clubs aren't interested in the first place. He's not an upgrade for any of them. That's not just one match, that's several seasons.

Prob because Palace dont want to sell him and put a fee that clubs dont want to pay. He is an upgrade though, no one can tell me Willian, Lucas Moura, Lingard, Pepe are better than Zaha. Right now i think he is better than what we have in Pulisic, Willian, Pedro and Odoi. And clubs not being interested in in a player isn't a great example that he is not good enough. I mean no one was that interested in Kovacic at £40M and look how good he is, £40M is a a bargain. Plus Zaha wins countless penalties because one on one he usually wins.

Edited by jack_super_class

25 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Prob because Palace dont want to sell him and put a fee that clubs dont want to pay. He is an upgrade though, no one can tell me Willian, Lucas Moura, Lingard, Pepe are better than Zaha. Right now i think he is better than what we have in Pulisic, Willian, Pedro and Odoi. And clubs not being interested in in a player isn't a great example that he is not good enough. I mean no one was that interested in Kovacic at £40M and look how good he is, £40M is a a bargain. Plus Zaha wins countless penalties because one on one he usually wins.

That's a fair argument and it occurred to me that without Abraham we really don't have a decent striking option and though Zaha is not for a me a number 9 he can deputise.

The problem I see is we need him now and I don't see Palace selling at this point in the season, even if we offer £80m.

Edited by Strider6003