Wilfred Zaha

ForeverCarefree
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Ashleyb66 said:

Unless Willian goes Man Utd I don’t see the logic in signing Zaha or Bailey 

I'll go beyond logic... unless Willian goes, I don't see the possibility. No way is Chelsea going to go 75M in the hole on a player right now. It's been sell to buy for about 6 transfer windows in a row. Zaha isn't coming in without Willian going out. Even when Fabergas and Costa came in, Luiz pretty much paid for them (how about that for a piece of business?)

6 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

If the kepa talk is all true then we were looking at shopping in the discount bin for butland to save money to buy a midfield player. 

Real are making this roundabout happen by loaning us kovacic so we can instead spend big on kepa. No money for fekir or zaha imo.

That is about as good a theory as I have heard to be honest.

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Yeah sadly it is cause both fekir and zaha could add more to us than Willian or pedro do imo.

Yeah, but I know I’d rather have Kepa and Kovacic than Butland and Zaha...

I really hope we sign Zaha or Fekir too but I doubt it now after Kepa. 

• 1 year later...

16 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

Im not saying no. Best dribbler in the league, counts as home grown, coming into his prime and better than what we have. Id rather have Sancho though and i cant see us buying both.

I don't think he is the best dribbler in the league. Most of his dribbling doesn't look clean, the ball just bounces around a lot at his feet. I think the likes of Pulisic, Mahrez and Kovacic are more effective with their dribbling than he is. I also don't think he is any better than what we have either, 2 goals in 15 games isn't anything to get excited about. 

I think every part of Zaha's game is overrated, it has been since his Championship days.

8 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

I don't think he is the best dribbler in the league. Most of his dribbling doesn't look clean, the ball just bounces around a lot at his feet. I think the likes of Pulisic, Mahrez and Kovacic are more effective with their dribbling than he is. I also don't think he is any better than what we have either, 2 goals in 15 games isn't anything to get excited about. 

I think every part of Zaha's game is overrated, it has been since his Championship days.

Only 2 goals this season but you have to remember how defensive palace play and the fact he wants to leave. Unhappy players aren't going to play at there best. Statistically though he is one of the best dribblers in the league, i think he was second last season for take ones behind Hazard obviously. Pulisic is still young, I think Zaha is better than both Willian and Pedro and Hudson Odoi apart from the Newcastle home game i haven't been impressed.

9 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Only 2 goals this season but you have to remember how defensive palace play and the fact he wants to leave. Unhappy players aren't going to play at there best. Statistically though he is one of the best dribblers in the league, i think he was second last season for take ones behind Hazard obviously. Pulisic is still young, I think Zaha is better than both Willian and Pedro and Hudson Odoi apart from the Newcastle home game i haven't been impressed.

Scored a good goal at the weekend, he might grown on me yet.

Arsenal paid 70M for Pepe, so Zaha a proven player who's 3 years old ( I think) is expensive, but not outrageous. Football is about short term (1-2 years) these days, so I don't think his age should count against him. Nobody knows he'd win us a title, but he's getting a start within the current team. Even if we keep Willian, we need a sign a quality attacking player, be Zaha or Sancho, or someone that's off the radar at moment.

57 minutes ago, icecoolguy22 said:

Arsenal paid 70M for Pepe, so Zaha a proven player who's 3 years old ( I think) is expensive, but not outrageous. Football is about short term (1-2 years) these days, so I don't think his age should count against him. Nobody knows he'd win us a title, but he's getting a start within the current team. Even if we keep Willian, we need a sign a quality attacking player, be Zaha or Sancho, or someone that's off the radar at moment.

Utd paid 80m for that useless lump Maguire, so 70m for Zaha doesn't seem so bad, mind you the way Reece had him in his pocket the other week, and Zaha copping a strop not so sure I would want him anyway.

3 minutes ago, chi blue said:

Utd paid 80m for that useless lump Maguire, so 70m for Zaha doesn't seem so bad, mind you the way Reece had him in his pocket the other week, and Zaha copping a strop not so sure I would want him anyway.

I dont get that logic, its like saying you wouldn't have bought Ronaldinhio because Bhoularouz kept him quiet. Zaha on his day causes huge problems and has given the best fullbacks in the league problems.

Edited by jack_super_class

Personally I like Zaha, he's a talented attacking player, homegrown and proven in the league and has been a nightmare for our backline for years. He is injury prone though, will cost a fortune and is already 27 so won't have any decent resale value, doesn't track back and is one of those players whose game looks better than his stats suggest. Plus, there are actually younger players out there that may have even higher ceiling than Zaha and are potentially available (Sancho).

1 hour ago, abramovich said:

Personally I like Zaha, he's a talented attacking player, homegrown and proven in the league and has been a nightmare for our backline for years. He is injury prone though, will cost a fortune and is already 27 so won't have any decent resale value, doesn't track back and is one of those players whose game looks better than his stats suggest. Plus, there are actually younger players out there that may have even higher ceiling than Zaha and are potentially available (Sancho).

Zaha will probably be looking for a medal. Not sure about Sancho, not disputing his talent yet more about his personality and disrupting the dressing room. Get the feeling him and CHO will be such good pals their football focus will drop.

51 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

Zaha will probably be looking for a medal. Not sure about Sancho, not disputing his talent yet more about his personality and disrupting the dressing room. Get the feeling him and CHO will be such good pals their football focus will drop.

Not sure about Sancho either tbh - he has exceptional ability but his workrate/positioning off the ball is non existent - think opposite of Pedro/Duff.

Kulusevski at Parma seems to be turning a few heads

Edited by the special one