Christian Pulisic - Official

Guest Sindre
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

1 hour ago, Amputechture said:

Have the majority of his goals for us come from the six yard box? The timing of his runs are impressive.

It was very frustrating in the first half that neither Giroud nor RLC were making runs at the farbpost. Willian and Mount crossed a pair of great low crosses and noone was there. 

Pulisic came on and changed that in 5 mins. Fsir play to him. He had an impact for sure.

I know he gets knocked off the ball sometimes but I don’t understand how you don’t have him on the pitch when he’s healthy unless you are trying to prevent injury.  The game looks much more direct when he’s in there.

I reckon Lampard is holding him back until the City game, be shocked if he's not starting that game. I dare to say he has exceeded expectation by now, when we signed him, most pundits seen him as this young player with plenty of pace, but no end product. He's getting into the double digits for goals scored this season, and probably half a dozen assists, pretty good considering the amount of time he was out.

19 hours ago, DumbYank said:

I know he gets knocked off the ball sometimes but I don’t understand how you don’t have him on the pitch when he’s healthy unless you are trying to prevent injury.  The game looks much more direct when he’s in there.

He's a starter till the very moment Werner comes in. After that we'll see but this season he's among our top 3 attackers even with the injury he had.

It seems to me, that he has gained muscles, to compete better in the EPL against physically strong defenders. Well done that in the weeks, he was injured. With our 2 other signings we have an extreme attacking power. Now 2 first class central defenders and the future is ours.

Edited by nominator

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

He's a starter till the very moment Werner comes in. After that we'll see but this season he's among our top 3 attackers even with the injury he had.

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Pulisic,  after the arrival of Timo, Ziyech, and any other players. If anything, he had proven to have the ability to get himself into the lineup; regardless of the coaching or roster changes on the team. I won't be surprise to see Pulisic starting many games next season for Chelsea. Though, he might need to elevate his game a bit more because the competition is greater. But that's what you want to see in your players, elevate their level and the overall roster competition.

14 hours ago, haviet1 said:

I wouldn't be too quick to dismiss Pulisic,  after the arrival of Timo, Ziyech, and any other players. If anything, he had proven to have the ability to get himself into the lineup; regardless of the coaching or roster changes on the team. I won't be surprise to see Pulisic starting many games next season for Chelsea. Though, he might need to elevate his game a bit more because the competition is greater. But that's what you want to see in your players, elevate their level and the overall roster competition.

I agree. I think he has the mental fortitude to welcome the competition and it will make him a better player as a result. Not to mention, there will be plenty of games to go around.

I feel like he's hardly played this season. Maybe that's me forgetting after so much time without football, but I hope he really nails down that first team place. Willian has the right side spot nailed on until the end of the season. Shame CHO has failed to impress this year otherwise that would be a great battle for the spot and bring the best out of both.

5 hours ago, Coxy15 said:

I feel like he's hardly played this season. Maybe that's me forgetting after so much time without football, but I hope he really nails down that first team place. Willian has the right side spot nailed on until the end of the season. Shame CHO has failed to impress this year otherwise that would be a great battle for the spot and bring the best out of both.

Your feeling is accurate. He was out injured since 1/1/20, that meant he missed 9 straight games. He was unavailable from Jan through Mar, plus the 3 months suspension; he's out for over 6 months in total.

On 23/06/2020 at 00:22, haviet1 said:

Well I don't dismiss him but it's a bit concerning that Werner is coming to play at the position where Pulisic is becoming a new star right before our eyes. 

Yes Werner is a great signing but (sad that there can be a but there) if you go many pages back in this topic you'll find under the dust that I've said that Pulisic is projected to be the next big star among all the big league players.

I don't think it's common to buy a key player at the position where you're making a key player out of someone you already have, this is exactly what we did since Werner plays exactly where Pulisic plays. Cristiano Ronaldo looked ok at 18-19 when he came to England but at 21-22 he was playing over 30 games in the Premier League already and scoring 15+ goals.

When Pulisic becomes less injury prone and more stronger, he might become the best winger in the league, he can actually become that good.

But is Werner going to hinder the development of Pulisic or is he going to make it more faster? This is why I say we'll see how it turns out, if Werner really is soft as they say Pulisic might be the first choice next season as he adapted already.

2 hours ago, Gol15 said:

Well I don't dismiss him but it's a bit concerning that Werner is coming to play at the position where Pulisic is becoming a new star right before our eyes. 

Yes Werner is a great signing but (sad that there can be a but there) if you go many pages back in this topic you'll find under the dust that I've said that Pulisic is projected to be the next big star among all the big league players.

I don't think it's common to buy a key player at the position where you're making a key player out of someone you already have, this is exactly what we did since Werner plays exactly where Pulisic plays. Cristiano Ronaldo looked ok at 18-19 when he came to England but at 21-22 he was playing over 30 games in the Premier League already and scoring 15+ goals.

When Pulisic becomes less injury prone and more stronger, he might become the best winger in the league, he can actually become that good.

But is Werner going to hinder the development of Pulisic or is he going to make it more faster? This is why I say we'll see how it turns out, if Werner really is soft as they say Pulisic might be the first choice next season as he adapted already.

Or....Werner is a striker and plays there and isn't a left winger.

7 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Or....Werner is a striker and plays there and isn't a left winger.

This ^^^

Obviously, no one truly know what Lampard's plans are for the future, but the best front 3 I see for Chelsea next year in a 4-3-3 would be Pulisic, Timo, Ziyech. Timo has been playing striker as of late and been quite good there. Of course, this lineup will not be good for Tammy and might not make some Chelsea fans very happy.

What Timo and Ziyech give Lamp is a lot of flexibility, since they both and play in multiple positions. So guys like Pulisic, Tammy, and Mount need to be on top of their game and produce consistently; or they will quickly find themselves sitting on the bench. 

What I am saying is do not assume Timo is here to replace Pulisic, both Pulisic and Timo can be on the pitch together at the same time.  Pulisic can also play right wing, and attacking mid as needed. He's been playing attacking mid for the US team for nearly 2 years. 

1 hour ago, haviet1 said:

Chelsea next year in a 4-3-3 would be Pulisic, Timo, Ziyech.

I know this is completely silly, but I can't help myself... but I run our 4-3-3 on FIFA20 like this

Pulisic (CHO) - Abraham - Werner (CHO)

Ziyech (RLC)     Kovacic (Barkley)

Kante (Gilmour)

Dave Zouma Rudiger James

Kepa

Werner is so good across any of the front three positions, that I think it just becomes a matter of getting our best players on the field and rotation. Pulisic is comfortable across 4 of those positions as well.

8 hours ago, bisright1 said:

Or....Werner is a striker and pays there and isn't a left winger.

On 19/06/2020 at 02:05, Gol15 said:

Heat-Map.png

Werner does play like a striker but he's most of the time on the left hand side which would suggest that Lampard is to change the tactics a bit.

4-4-2 with Tammy and Werner up front, Pulisic and Ziyech as wingers.
4-2-3-1 with Tammy in front and Werner/Pulisic to the left side, Mount/Havertz middle and Ziyech right side.
4-2-2-2 with Tammy and Werner in front, Mount and Pulisic behind and Kante,Jorginho playing deep. Most used in Leipzig with 4-4-2.

Lampard's 4-3-3 might come to an end or Tammy/Pulisic will be seriously challenged for their place in the starting lineup, a 3-5-2 could be a solution as well and we saw some similar formation to that this season.

24 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Werner does play like a striker but he's most of the time on the left hand side which would suggest that Lampard is to change the tactics a bit.

4-4-2 with Tammy and Werner up front, Pulisic and Ziyech as wingers.
4-2-3-1 with Tammy in front and Werner/Pulisic to the left side, Mount/Havertz middle and Ziyech right side.
4-2-2-2 with Tammy and Werner in front, Mount and Pulisic behind and Kante,Jorginho playing deep. Most used in Leipzig with 4-4-2.

Lampard's 4-3-3 might come to an end or Tammy/Pulisic will be seriously challenged for their place in the starting lineup, a 3-5-2 could be a solution as well and we saw some similar formation to that this season.

Just because RB play him on the left side doesn't mean Frank does. I'm certain he's been signed as a striker not a winger 

10 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Just because RB play him on the left side doesn't mean Frank does. I'm certain he's been signed as a striker not a winger 

Would that be smart though? If it's already known what his best position and playstyle is why would Lampard change all that and not get the best out of him?

Pulisic is a versatile player but it was known that he played mostly on that left hand side even before he came here and nothing has changed.

If we play with 2 up front that would make our attack the strongest on paper because Werner isn't known for being strong in the air and holding the ball but Tammy is so IMO their partnership is a must.

The 4-3-3 simply can't accommodate both Werner and Pulisic unless Tammy is to sit on the bench.

19 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I also believe Timo is signed primarily as a striker. Think of him as an Aguero or a younger Sanchez, fast and lethal.

6 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Would that be smart though? If it's already known what his best position and playstyle is why would Lampard change all that and not get the best out of him?

Pulisic is a versatile player but it was known that he played mostly on that left hand side even before he came here and nothing has changed.

If we play with 2 up front that would make our attack the strongest on paper because Werner isn't known for being strong in the air and holding the ball but Tammy is so IMO their partnership is a must.

The 4-3-3 simply can't accommodate both Werner and Pulisic unless Tammy is to sit on the bench.

Pulisic is also more than capable of playing on the right wing. He spent his earlier Dortmund career playing mostly on the right, until the emergence of Sancho then Pulisic is shifted to the left to accommodate both on the field.

His heat map will look different as we haven't played two up top in a long time, with any consistency. With two center forwards one will typically drift right and the other left to open up space for each other. If Frank wants to change systems though Timo give him the chance could start in a 4-3-3 with pulisic wide left and timo CF, and very easily transition to two up top with Werner / Abraham.

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/timo-werner-rb-leipzig-bundesliga-tactical-analysis

From transfermarkt:

Main position :
Centre-Forward
Other position:
Left Winger
Right Winger

1 hour ago, Gol15 said:

Worked for arsenal Wenger when he signed Henry