Mason Mount

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

15 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

The only issue I have with him at the moment is that he tends to fade as the game goes on, but I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I never thought he would play such a key role in our squad so quickly.

I really like what I have seen though have been surprised he has not been taken off in the 2nd half.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

The only issue I have with him at the moment is that he tends to fade as the game goes on, but I am very impressed with what I have seen so far. I never thought he would play such a key role in our squad so quickly.

This is pretty much bang on for me. He faded in the United game and faded again today in the second half, he doesn’t seem to be involved much when our backs are against the wall. I thought he should have been brought off in the second half today. He needs to work on being more clinical in front of goal. He has to do better with the header and the shot which he put straight at Schmeichel.

1 hour ago, Scott Harris said:

People said the same thing about Loftus-Cheek a couple seasons ago. He would tire out during games and didn't have the stamina to go the full 90, now he's improved so much. I imagine Mount will be the same. The pace of the Premier League along with the opposition now will only improve him. I mean it's hardly been an easy first couple fixtures as a baptism of fire. Man Utd away, Liverpool in the super cup and now a good top 10 side in Leicester. The step up was always going to take a little time to adjust to. 

19 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

This is pretty much bang on for me. He faded in the United game and faded again today in the second half, he doesn’t seem to be involved much when our backs are against the wall. I thought he should have been brought off in the second half today. He needs to work on being more clinical in front of goal. He has to do better with the header and the shot which he put straight at Schmeichel.

He did better with his header than Tammy did, IMO.

I do agree though at the moment he is not a 90 minute player.

Yet let's be fair the goal he got was phenomenal, he knocked their player off balance, someone tried to hack him down he lost his balance and then slotted it past Schmeical

1 minute ago, enigma said:

Talking of Loftus-Cheek, it's likely going to be a battle between him and Mason for that role this season. I don't see Barkley taking that spot unfortunately. 

Unfortunately i think RLC is a write off until next season.

I mean he will physically be back at some point this season but I predict he won't get upto speed in time to make a serious impact akin to what he did at the back end of last. 

22 minutes ago, Strider6003 said:

He did better with his header than Tammy did, IMO.

I do agree though at the moment he is not a 90 minute player.

Yet let's be fair the goal he got was phenomenal, he knocked their player off balance, someone tried to hack him down he lost his balance and then slotted it past Schmeical

Not sure what you’re referring to, was this in the last 10 minutes or so? I was running about the house so only seen bits and pieces of the end of the game. Not sure what it has to do with it, he had a free header 7 yards out, all I’m saying is that at the top level you have to at least make the keeper work. I’m by no means slating the boy, I really like him as a player and he’s just a kid in the grand scheme of things but it’s just something I feel he needs to work on. He seems like he needs a fair few chances to eventually get one in, which isn’t a big deal at his age but moving forward he needs to work on being clinical, like frank was and he could be a 15/20 goal a season midfielder!

It was a brilliant goal, and the kind I think most of us will have wanted to see that results from us pressing the other team, although I think he actually kicked his own heel from the replay which put him off balance, but he still done well to get the shot off and score it.

Edited by EdinburghBlue

The pen against dippers was priceless. Nothing to do with the scaredy cat-like one of Tammy. The goal against dippers. The goal yesterday. The free kick when he told Willian to ''feck off, it's my time''. I like his game a lot, but gosh, that attitude, I simply adore it. 

23 minutes ago, Droopy said:

The pen against dippers was priceless. Nothing to do with the scaredy cat-like one of Tammy. The goal against dippers. The goal yesterday. The free kick when he told Willian to ''feck off, it's my time''. I like his game a lot, but gosh, that attitude, I simply adore it. 

Very harsh. Took big balls for Tammy to step up and take the 5th for him then to be called a 'scaredy cat'.

Guest Sindre
1 minute ago, evissy said:

Weird to see a new face in the team that has totally owned his place and is showing leadership. And he is 19 years old from our own academy.

He's 20 but i agree.

Incredible workrate as well and i think he'll be one of the first names on the teamsheet for the entire season.

2 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Very harsh. Took big balls for Tammy to step up and take the 5th for him then to be called a 'scaredy cat'.

Tammy said he asked to take the 5th one because he wanted to take on the responsibility as well.