Lewis Dunk has a dog called Didier

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Dunk wouldn't be the worst decision and if he wants to be here and we can get some good cash for him then maybe we go for it?. Did them a deal by getting Lamptey who has looked class since he moved so maybe we get him in as 3rd choice for few years.

5 hours ago, abramovich said:

Just like with the Chilwell/Reguillon situation this could be a trick to force West Ham to drop their Rice valuation, since Frank sees Rice as a CB.

As for Dunk as an actual target that may prove to be a decent option. We haven't had a good old-fashioned british centreback since Cahill left and I think we're definitely missing some of that at the back.

i think he will be a starter above our current bunch..

Edited by acidicleo

Not sure tbh. Dont really watch brighton alot. 

Seems like a leader, which would be great, and he musy be pretty comfortable on the ball since potter has had them play out of defence this season. 

There will be no resale value though, so i cant see us paying big money for him. 

57 minutes ago, big blue said:

Not sure tbh. Dont really watch brighton alot. 

Seems like a leader, which would be great, and he musy be pretty comfortable on the ball since potter has had them play out of defence this season. 

There will be no resale value though, so i cant see us paying big money for him. 

I've seen £45m quoted in the Red Tops.

Personally I would rather Ruben Dias or Romagnoli. We are probably only being linked by sh!t lazy journalists that see that Dunk is a Chelsea fan and that we need a CB.

Let's get Lawrence Dallaglio in as well, and Damon Albarn, oh and Suggs. Suggs is a big lad, he could play CB.

This english bias is nothing short of a disgrace. The fact is, majority of these english players are nowhere near world class and we (and other english clubs) are shelling out ridiculous funds to secure these average players. Maguire is another example of this, and so is Chilwell, 80m each for these 2? another 45m on a relegated Brighton defender? What a joke.

Im not saying Dunk is a bad defender, because he's actually quite decent but 45m? Thats horrific when someone like Upamecano at age 21 and already up there as one of the best is 50m

We need a defensive leader. Whether it is a CB or the keeper of better yet both. Lewis Dunk or Rice would bring that. If you bring in French 20yr old defender who is learning the trade you still lack what you need.

But the +20m English addon is a joke. I agree with that. It is what it is.

I feel Frank wants his team to communicate on the pitch as he stated it. This is one way to try and fix that. At least Englishmen are comfortable of doing that among themselves I guess.

Does Dunk really fit our style under Lampard? The intention seems to be to move to a high pressing team who hold a high defensive line. Is Dunk really suitable to that type of game? His leadership qualities would be a great asset but for the price and at his age, I think we can do better. 

Dunk may be a really good fit for us. Every time I watched him he looked so confident, also pretty comfortable on the ball. He is tall, wins duels and not too slow considering his height.

Now £45m is too much. I know you can't compare that but Liverpool are on the verge of signing Thiago Alcantara, who is a proven world class midfielder for £30m. And Dunk has never actually played at the very top level, therefore you can't expect him to become Cahill v 2.0 and be the key player in our defense. English players are usually hugely overpriced by clubs, it has always been that way. Just remember what we paid for Drinkwater, easily our worst transfer in years.

Maybe 20-25m is a reasonable price, anything more than that would probably be too expensive. If we can get him for that money (which I doubt) then he could be a good addition.