Seen 3-4 reports linking him with us yesterday and this morning. All from the same Algerian source. 

I made the age old mistake of watching a YouTube video that made him look like Lionel Messi, so I quickly discounted that.

I was wondering if anyone here had seen a bit more of him and what people thought of a potential low cost winger?

I read from a few different journos that he is easily one of the best Championship players. Don’t know too much about him and haven’t seen him play.

On 28/05/2020 at 17:32, mwblue10 said:

I read from a few different journos that he is easily one of the best Championship players. Don’t know too much about him and haven’t seen him play.

That is spot on. He is an intriguing player along with Eberechi Eze from QPR who has been linked with Spurs.

Highlights of him don't impress me. A trickster of highest caliber but does he have end product? Willian can hold of the ball for 10 minutes if he wants but his end product is not as good as it should.

His decision making is questionable in many situations. 4 guys open to run but he decides to go past one more player...

41 minutes ago, evissy said:

Highlights of him don't impress me. A trickster of highest caliber but does he have end product? Willian can hold of the ball for 10 minutes if he wants but his end product is not as good as it should.

His decision making is questionable in many situations. 4 guys open to run but he decides to go past one more player...

I doubt he's going to be first choice, at least not initially. As a back up player alongside Pulisic and CHO, I see no problem. Obviously it depends on the fee. 

3 hours ago, evissy said:

10 league goals each year at Brentford, Willian has never reached such a feat with us. 

Benrahma also had 14 assists last year and has 8 this year. That's 22 assists in the less than two seasons in England, Willian has managed 31 assists in just under 7 years with us in the league. 

Beyond harsh to compare his productivity to Willian's.

10 league goals each year at Brentford, Willian has never reached such a feat with us. 
Benrahma also had 14 assists last year and has 8 this year. That's 22 assists in the less than two seasons in England, Willian has managed 31 assists in just under 7 years with us in the league. 
Premier League > Championship. Willian comparison was just a case of a player that can keep hold of the ball but questions raise about the end product. I want more direct players. Not saying Benrahma isn't but the highlight reel didn't convince me.

1 minute ago, evissy said:
7 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Premier League > Championship. Willian comparison was just a case of a player that can keep hold of the ball but questions raise about the end product. I want more direct players. Not saying Benrahma isn't but the highlight reel didn't convince me.

Mahrez, Mount, Reece James, Tammy have all took the step up to the Prem with relative ease. Mahrez being the most suitable case for comparison here due to age, play style etc. 

He could be very useful at changing a game with a team that’s hard to break down. Watch him play he is more than just a trickster, defo top talent In championship, the myth that championship players abilities can’t be carried to the PL has been disproven time and time again, with player transfers.

Plus 3 teams come up every year, many of which retaining their championship players, and remember in the championship they face lesser competition but they have lesser players round them also. 

Posted (edited)

Just scored a late goal and assisted to beat Fulham. I can see this purchase happening. 

Edited by SFL82

6 hours ago, SFL82 said:

Just scored a late goal and assisted to beat Fulham. I can see this purchase happening. 

I'd go for Benrama and Watkins as a double deal. With giroud or Batshuayi or both going Watkins would be a good addition to the strike force as well

6 hours ago, the special one said:

Watched him a few times now, wasn't impressed. McNeil any day of the week.

i think mcneil could actually be a quality left back. 

15 hours ago, the special one said:

Watched him a few times now, wasn't impressed. McNeil any day of the week.

I’ll second the McNeil comment. He’s impressed me each time I’ve seen him play. Looks to be growing into a real solid player, with leadership qualities as well.