Crystal Palace v Chelsea (PL) Tue 7th July 2020 18:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, Jezq8 said:

Have you not watched the game against Leicester? And the last game against watford? He was a liability, he was miss placing passes, losing possession in dangerous areas. 

It’s too big of a gamble to start him just yet alone  in that holding midfield. We are chasing top4 and every game is a must win 

One off game against Leicester and two moments as a late sub against Watford doesn't suddenly banish him from the team, geez.

Edited by Malcolm9

4 hours ago, Malcolm9 said:

One off game against Leicester and two moments as a late sub against Watford doesn't suddenly banish him from the team, geez.

No one is saying banish him  but on current form he doesnt deserve to start. He has been below average in the 2 games he has played, besides the pressure is on right now for fourth place and it makes no sense to start him when we have an experienced Jorginho. 

We win and Leicester lose we go 3rd with 2 point cushion.
We win and Leicester draw we go 3rd with 1 point cushion.
We draw and Leicester draw we stay 4th.
We draw and Leicester lose we stay 4th.
We lose and we are in trouble.

I really hope the lads have that same mentality they had against Watford. Same urgency and same will to just break the lines and keep the ball moving.

17 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

No one is saying banish him  but on current form he doesnt deserve to start. He has been below average in the 2 games he has played, besides the pressure is on right now for fourth place and it makes no sense to start him when we have an experienced Jorginho. 

What form does Jorginho have? He hasn't played competitive football in 4 months.

I would play Reece James in the holding role instead of Gilmour...he stronger, quicker and has the talent to play himself out of trouble...Gilmour is still too lightweight for the role and his last two games have shown that...

Edited by doctorblue

I keep going back and forth between RLC, Jorginho and Gilmour for Kante  or a back 3 with Alonzo in the lineup.

Kepa

Azpi    Christensen   Zouma

James                                           Alonzo

Barkley            Mount

Willian          Giroud          Pulisic

But I hope Frank goes with lightweight Billy and it works to perfection!

4 hours ago, RIP Mourinho said:

What form does Jorginho have? He hasn't played competitive football in 4 months.

It is not just about form it is also about experience. If you feel confident in playing an 18 year old who hasnt looked good since the restart over an experienced full Italian International in Jorginho then be my guest. I being a fan would want Gilmour to play and be man of the match but I know Lampard is a smart individual and i know who he will pick in the 2

Edited by The Don Antonio

Hope Lamps sticks with the same back 4. He's done well so far but if there is one thing I am critical of is the constant tweaking of the back 4. Our defenders are sub-par to begin with but constantly tweaking their lineup doesn't help with cohesion or allow a longer term partnerships to develop. I think the Watford lineup was spot on even though I don't trust Christensen fully, as long as it means Alonso and Rudiger are nowhere near the 1st team it's fine for now. 

Think Billy will get the nod for the Palace game, Leicester pressed us high and Billy struggled & against Watford it was a similar story, they pushed up high whilst chasing the game and Billy got caught a couple of times. A Roy Hodgson's palace is not going to press high & certainly not going to play a high line against us (I hope I am wrong and they do press us high). This will give Billy more time on the ball and I think he is better than Jorginho covering the defense on the counter.

I think we will be able to break them down as since the return we've come up against 3 teams who have looked to shut up shop & we've managed to put a minimum of 2 goals past them each time, We just need to be aware of Ayew & Zaha on the counter.

3-1 Chelsea  

23 hours ago, the special one said:

Kepa
James - Rudiger - Zouma - Azpi
    Barkley - Jorginho - Mount
      Willian - Tammy - Pedro

What an utterly insane and horrible team selection, shame on you.