Chelsea v Leeds (PL) Sat 5th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

coco

45 minutes ago, coco said:

I hope Frank or someone at the club lets the the players know the Chelsea v Leeds history and how much we would dearly love it if we stuff them on Saturday.

Our youf will know, surely! Hopefully they'll be up for obliterating durty Leeds and former academy player Bamford :Connie_threaten:

5 minutes ago, Valerie said:

Our youf will know, surely! Hopefully they'll be up for obliterating durty Leeds and former academy player Bamford :Connie_threaten:

Yeah the kids should know, i have passed the knowledge down to my grandson, and i told him to one day pass it on to his grandson, and then one day..... 

For me the following line ups give us our best shot of avoiding defeat in Spain and beating Leeds.

Vs Sevilla

Mendy

Azpi

Zouma

Silva

Emerson

Kante 

Kovacic

Mount

Ziyech

Giroud

CHO

For Leeds:

Mendy

James

Zouma

Rudiger

Chilwell

Kante

Havertz

Mount

CHO

Werner

Pulisic

Last time i saw Leeds was at the Bridge early 2000's. we sat in the new lower west stand when they just had the bottom tier, midweek game, it pissed down the whole match, no roof, got soaked, but we won 1-0, i was with my brother in -law (leeds fan) and his mate (chelsea fan).

Could be a tricky encounter, we can’t underestimate Leeds.

the team I would go with 

mendy 

james zouma silva chillwell 

kante 

havertz mount 

ziyech giroud Werner 

then bring pulisic on for giroud and move Werner central 

17 hours ago, coco said:

Yeah the kids should know, i have passed the knowledge down to my grandson, and i told him to one day pass it on to his grandson, and then one day..... 

yes I had it passed down to me as a young lad in the 70’s, and as a teenager in the 80’s it grew even more, fear not, my sons in their 20’s know, first fixture we looked for was dirty Leeds, if only we could all go!

18 minutes ago, chi blue said:

yes I had it passed down to me as a young lad in the 70’s, and as a teenager in the 80’s it grew even more, fear not, my sons in their 20’s know, first fixture we looked for was dirty Leeds, if only we could all go!

Won't be the same without the crowd for this one. Although it is f'ing hilarious that their first season back and their fans will be lucky to be able to go to a match at all. Will be even better if they go back down now.

Hope we crush them. 

8 hours ago, coco said:

Last time i saw Leeds was at the Bridge early 2000's. we sat in the new lower west stand when they just had the bottom tier, midweek game, it pissed down the whole match, no roof, got soaked, but we won 1-0, i was with my brother in -law (leeds fan) and his mate (chelsea fan).

I haven’t really hated Leeds for a long time. They’ve been so irrelevant but they’re such an easy club to feel that stomach churning hate for return despite their long absence in the seaside leagues. 

Edited by MayosNoun!

6 hours ago, MayosNoun! said:

Difficult decision for FL. 

I’ve been critical of Tammy starting over Giroud all season however if Leeds play that high line they have been playing surely Werner and Pulisic will start. Good headache to have though. 

We want someone to link up and play players with pace through. I can see Giroud doing that with 2 of Werner, Pulisic and CHO alongside him.

Mendy
James-Zouma-Silva-Chilwell
                Kante

Havertz-Mount

Ziyech-Werner-Pulisic

I feel like that's our strongest team on paper, I hope this is the team we go with against Leeds. 

7 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Surely Giroud has to start this?

He doesn't, many more games left to play. Leeds play very high up the pitch, Werner's pace can exploit that and he's had a good rest. Giroud is 34 he shouldn't really be playing twice a week anyway. Unless we're camping in the Leeds half and can't seem to break through their defence to get that winning goal, then Giroud should come on. 

Feel like Chilwell, Reece, and Tammy getting the entire night off last night will pay dividends this weekend. The academy kids know what this match means. Bamford will want to have a big match, but I think Silva and Zouma will handle him. Leeds are an exciting side to watch but let's kick them in the shin  

Edited by chiefBlueCFC

I would start with him and if we get the crosses over expect us to win comfortably.

Leeds do work hard and it will be interesting to see which midfield comes out on top.

Bamford is their main threat yet rarely gets good service and when they need a goal recently they have been putting on Rodrigo who has a bit of pace and a strong shot which normally misses.