Chelsea v Leeds (PL) Sat 5th Dec 2020 20:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

He doesn't, many more games left to play. Leeds play very high up the pitch, Werner's pace can exploit that and he's had a good rest. Giroud is 34 he shouldn't really be playing twice a week anyway. Unless we're camping in the Leeds half and can't seem to break through their defence to get that winning goal, then Giroud should come on. 

2 hours ago, Scott Harris said:

Even though he scored 4 goals, this isn't the game I would start him in. Leeds play with high intensity for 90 minutes, this game is much more suited to Werner. I would only start Giroud if Werner is going to play on the left again.

You both make good points. If it is due to Werner starting with Pulisic and CHO as we look to break behind then that makes sense to me as Ziyech also has a lack of pace and his high crosses would be wasted on that sort of game play.

I just feel if we shunt Werner out left it should be for Giroud rather than Tammy.

You can keep your Mersey side derby, Manchester, North London, Rome, Milan, El Classico etc ...... this is biggest rivalry in football by a long way !! - Just sad I won't be there to see it in the flesh.

I will be having a few though in my arm chair (I am in a tier 3 area)  starting Friday night, my intention is to go for the world record renditions of "we all hate leeds, and leeds and leeds and leeds, we all hate the leeds ................... etc"  While the kids looking on in disgust no doubt ! 

Come on the blues 

14 hours ago, Slojo said:

He doesn't, many more games left to play. Leeds play very high up the pitch, Werner's pace can exploit that and he's had a good rest. Giroud is 34 he shouldn't really be playing twice a week anyway. Unless we're camping in the Leeds half and can't seem to break through their defence to get that winning goal, then Giroud should come on. 

If I were Lampard I'd speak to Oli 1 to 1 and tell him he's not starting this one for the tactical reason's you pointed out but give him his word that he will start at Everton (a game much more suited to his skillset).

Kova came off early against Sevilla, makes me think he’ll start and havertz won’t. Havertz is going to have to earn his way into the team. So far he has looked good in patches only. 

Pulisic still needs to run into form and it would be madness to play him twice a week just now  

I’d start Tammy

For my money cho offers as much as ziyech but cho won’t be starting. 

17 hours ago, DumbYank said:

Enlighten me as to why I should hate Leeds as a CFC fan.  I love hating teams but I don’t like to hate blindly.  Give me a reason.

‘Our road to Wembley (and Old Trafford) Glory in the FA Cup 1970. ‘
This thread is in the Vintage section and might help give you some information on the rivalry.

Mendy

James Zouma T.Silva Chilwell

Kovacic

Havertz Mount

Ziyech                        Pulisic

Werner

Sub in: Kante for Havertz, Jorginho for Kovacic, CHO for Pulisic.

11 hours ago, Argo said:

If I were Lampard I'd speak to Oli 1 to 1 and tell him he's not starting this one for the tactical reason's you pointed out but give him his word that he will start at Everton (a game much more suited to his skillset).

He destroyed Everton last season also. 

I would still go with Giroud, I understand the reasons why many of you disagree but feel he will tear Leeds a new one and is by far our best passer and link player up front.

Mendy

James

Zouma

Silva

Chilwell

Kante

Havertz

Mount

Ziyech

Giroud

Werner

I'd probably go for this:

---------------------------Mendy

James-----------Zouma----------Silva---------Chilwell

----------------------------Kanté

-----------------Kovacic------------Mount

-------Ziyech--------------------------------Pulisic

--------------------------Werner

Chelsea just posted a video reminder of our on pitch (no mention of the extra-curriculum activities off it) rivalry with Leeds and it’s got the blood a little stirred that’s for sure!

Any of our younger or foreign fan base who’ve not had the benefit of previous generations passing it down and don’t get it, please just remember and repeat this very important mantra until it sticks;

’We all f**king hate Leeds!’

What a great game to get some fans back in for!