FC Porto v Chelsea (CL) Wed 7th Apr 2021 20:00 GMT

coco
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

10 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I am not the one to toot my own horn but..   LMFAOOO

Man of the Match: Jorginho (Chelsea)

Jorginho with his award

Jorginho with his awardUEFA via Getty Images

"He gave the pass to Mount for the first goal and was always offering to take the ball. Also very good defensively and in the right place throughout."
Cosmin Contra, UEFA Technical Observer

Pretty poor decision to make him MOTM... shows that these people just go by goals and assists. Rudiger, James, Mount, even Christensen and Kova (although he misplaced many passes) were far better on the night. Jorginho actually had a poor game, misplaced so many passes and long balls, wasted possession often and looked ponderous. I think he does have some games where he shines but this most certainly wasn't one of them.

7 minutes ago, Stim said:

So whose opinion do we value more

Random forum posters

vs

UEFA Technical Observer

Only watched the game on playback very very late last nite ,what have i missed from whatever a uefa observer has said ? please .

24 minutes ago, ashwin said:

Pretty poor decision to make him MOTM... shows that these people just go by goals and assists. Rudiger, James, Mount, even Christensen and Kova (although he misplaced many passes) were far better on the night. Jorginho actually had a poor game, misplaced so many passes and long balls, wasted possession often and looked ponderous. I think he does have some games where he shines but this most certainly wasn't one of them.

I would have taken your comments seriously but you said he misplaced a lot of passes and long balls The man had a 96 percent pass accuracy for crying out loud

His pass to Mount was the perfect pace and precision to allow Mount make that turn and score.

2 minutes ago, donnyblue said:

Only watched the game on playback very very late last nite ,what have i missed from whatever a uefa observer has said ? please .

The usual. Useless, like playing with 9 men, ineffective etc etc

6 minutes ago, Stim said:

The usual. Useless, like playing with 9 men, ineffective etc etc

Thanks for that fella ,hence to say i did not miss anything worth hearing or worthwhile . FIFA,uefa i would not pee on any of them if was ever on fire.

saying that i think i would pee on any uefa official if they was on fire just before chelsea were walking up to collect any silverware .

Vintage Chelsea away in Europe, wasn't the most glomorous of wins, but who cares at this point?! Surely not me. It's April, it's that part of the season where one moment changes the entire faith of an entire season, if smash and grab football is what it takes to win trophies so late in the season then it works for me. Pretty football is for November, now it's show time and it is what? 9-10 seasons now since Guardiola tends to overthink things in this late stages and always fails to deliver? Maybe if he'd have gone back to basics at this moment in the season he'd have already played some CL finals already with both Bayern and City.

Well done lads, up the Chels!!! 

42 minutes ago, The Don Antonio said:

I would have taken your comments seriously but you said he misplaced a lot of passes and long balls The man had a 96 percent pass accuracy for crying out loud

His pass to Mount was the perfect pace and precision to allow Mount make that turn and score.

Was it not jorgi who also ran into space and played a killer ball through to puli who smavkedbit off the bar? One of jorgi's best game in a long time for me

27 minutes ago, Malta Blue said:

Was it not jorgi who also ran into space and played a killer ball through to puli who smavkedbit off the bar? One of jorgi's best game in a long time for me

So we all know Jorginho can pass, how come he cant see Werner poised on the shoulder, ready for the through ball, we can all seat, and it cries out for a more offensive pass ,than that sideways backwards possession based sh*te we more than often play....

16 hours ago, Valerie said:

The Netherlands have a quarantine rule as well, France may have one too.

don't know but it sounds more like we had to kneel to UEFA. to me it's like Porto have both home games. at least the ref yesterday didn't buy into their crap. but there's one more game and some joker like Ovrebo could arise from the sewers.

In a statement, UEFA said: 'UEFA is able to officially confirm that the UEFA Champions League quarter-final first and second leg matches involving FC Porto and Chelsea FC, will now both be played at the Estadio Ramon Sanchez-Pizjuan in Seville. The dates of the matches (7 April and 13 April 2021) and the kick-off times (21:00CET) will remain the same. 'UEFA would like to thank FC Porto and Chelsea FC for their support and close cooperation, as well as the Portuguese Football Federation, The Football Association, the Royal Spanish Football Federation and Sevilla FC for their assistance and agreeing to stage the matches.'

Portugal was on the UK's red list of countries - which all carry a 10-day quarantine period in a government-approved hotel for those travelling from them - until March 19.

But despite the country being taken off nearly a fortnight ago, a blanket ban on flights to and from the UK means Porto are unable to host the first leg at their Estadio do Dragao. It also means that Chelsea will lose home advantage for the second leg, with the Portuguese side banned from flying to London.

2 hours ago, Malta Blue said:

Wow. I actually forgot that little bit. Thankfully Tuchel is a smart coach and appreciates Jorginho. 

15 hours ago, erskblue said:

Mason Mount celebrates scoring Chelsea against Porto in the Champions League

After that fabulous, defender mugging turn, and MM was bearing down on goal, do you think that there was even a millisecond of a moment when Mason looked up, saw Werner approaching the 6 yard line beckoning for the pass and he thought “ oh, there is Timo, our prolific German goal scoring machine , I must pass to him, he will surely score’ ? 

So glad he went with ‘  ...................nah, f**k that, if you want a job doing properly ...........’:laugh2:

3 hours ago, Ballack & Blu said:

So we all know Jorginho can pass, how come he cant see Werner poised on the shoulder, ready for the through ball, we can all seat, and it cries out for a more offensive pass ,than that sideways backwards possession based sh*te we more than often play....

Mount is two footed and was probably looking at him and gesturing.

It may also be the first person he saw looking up  since receiving the ball. 

16 hours ago, The Don Antonio said:

I am not the one to toot my own horn but..   LMFAOOO

Man of the Match: Jorginho (Chelsea)

Jorginho with his award

Jorginho with his awardUEFA via Getty Images

"He gave the pass to Mount for the first goal and was always offering to take the ball. Also very good defensively and in the right place throughout."
Cosmin Contra, UEFA Technical Observer

Now we’ve got the real name and job title of @Gol15!

23 minutes ago, dkw said:

Anyone who honestly though Jorginho was man of the match in that game needs to go back to football school.

............and at the moment he hasn't had a single vote in our own Porto MOTM thread!!!!

He had an okay game overall with one key moment, the pass to Mount. The first proper positive, forward ball we made in the first 30 minutes and for that he should be acknowledged. But without the brilliant Cryuff turn by Mount, (on his left foot too), and a top quality finish, the pass doesn't even get talked about.

Not that it means a lot but is anyone really surprised a UEFA "Technical Observer" gave it to the wrong player? I'd be more surprised if they gave it the right player.

2 hours ago, just said:

............and at the moment he hasn't had a single vote in our own Porto MOTM thread!!!!

He had an okay game overall with one key moment, the pass to Mount. The first proper positive, forward ball we made in the first 30 minutes and for that he should be acknowledged. But without the brilliant Cryuff turn by Mount, (on his left foot too), and a top quality finish, the pass doesn't even get talked about.

Not that it means a lot but is anyone really surprised a UEFA "Technical Observer" gave it to the wrong player? I'd be more surprised if they gave it the right player.

The decision was checked by VAR and David Coote was in charge...

On 08/04/2021 at 14:53, The Don Antonio said:

He misplaced 6 passes according to Whoscored. I think he misplaced practically every long ball he tried. He got one simple ball right, and there's no way he could have envisaged someone turning and scoring from that. A few long balls were wayyy of the mark. He got about 55 short passes correct, I'll give you that.