Romelu Lukaku back to Chelsea - and gone again!

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

2 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm hoping all of our outfield players get on the score sheet this season 🙂

Only 6 yet to score:  Azpilicueta, Sarr, Saul, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, and Baker. Probably a bit unfair to include Baker, as I doubt he'll get any playing time, albeit he was given a squad number ... 

I'd think it is only a matter of time until RLC, Dave and Barkley get on the score sheet. 

I reckon Ross and Ruben will score in one of the next 3 games.

5 hours ago, Bob stark said:

This is awful post

You basically mock your own club. You basically say Chelsea is a small club because we had big scorer such  Costa, Drogba and Lamp to carry us. 

I think you need to re-read what I said Bob. There is this amazing difference in what you say and what I say.

4 hours ago, Sexyfootball said:

I'm hoping all of our outfield players get on the score sheet this season 🙂

Only 6 yet to score:  Azpilicueta, Sarr, Saul, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, and Baker. Probably a bit unfair to include Baker, as I doubt he'll get any playing time, albeit he was given a squad number ... 

I'd think it is only a matter of time until RLC, Dave and Barkley get on the score sheet. 

Baker won't score. Saul has a 1 in 100 probability I'd say

10 minutes ago, axman2526 said:

Strong Rumours Conte wants to pair him up with Son, as he did with Martinez at Inter. 

I wouldn't be against it but there's no chance of it happening.

Levy won't cough up (we would at a minimum demand to break even) and not even Conte would choose him over Kane (assuming his current performances are him sulking and not declining).

39 minutes ago, Argo said:

I wouldn't be against it but there's no chance of it happening.

Levy won't cough up (we would at a minimum demand to break even) and not even Conte would choose him over Kane (assuming his current performances are him sulking and not declining).

Not sure on that last point. Conte seems to be his biggest fan.

7 hours ago, PhilH930 said:

Not a chance.  Never going to happen.  Roman wouldn't sell, and why would we.  We need Lukaku and finally have a striker again.

Because I struggle to believe a manager as clued up as Tuchel isn't noticing how much more fluid we are without him. It was one argument when the false 9 system wasn't getting the goals but we've scored 18 in six and a half games without him this season.

So it will basically come down to whether Rom is happy to accept a Gabriel Jesus type role, and history suggests not.

11 hours ago, Argo said:

Because I struggle to believe a manager as clued up as Tuchel isn't noticing how much more fluid we are without him. It was one argument when the false 9 system wasn't getting the goals but we've scored 18 in six and a half games without him this season.

So it will basically come down to whether Rom is happy to accept a Gabriel Jesus type role, and history suggests not.

I don't think its fair to use our stats post lukaku's injury as evidence that the team scores more without him in the team. We've clearly had easier opposition since his injury and literally shipped 7 alone all in one game. 

On 02/11/2021 at 19:52, Deino said:

I just think Kai has better movement and actually puts a shift in. 

Lukaku just claps and gives thumbs ups when he doesn't have a good game.

Come on Rom, pull your finger out and turn back into a goal machine! 

I agree on Havertz, if he can start finishing Lukaku might be the bench warmer.

Kai also brings others into the game and can play with his back to goal, don't think Lukaku can and always wants the ball in front of him. 

I find it helps when I'm watching Lukaku if I repeat to myself "he's no Drogba, he's no Drogba, he's no Drogba, he's no Drogba".

I find I'm then far more understanding and accepting of his short-comings.

I do something very similar with Werner. "He is Robert Fleck, he is Robert Fleck, he is Robert Fleck, he is Robert Fleck"

Edited by just

3 hours ago, just said:

I find it helps when I'm watching Lukaku if I repeat to myself "he's no Drogba, he's no Drogba, he's no Drogba, he's no Drogba".

I do something very similar with Werner. "He is Robert Fleck, he is Robert Fleck, he is Robert Fleck, he is Robert Fleck"

Hmm I will give that a try @just

I think I will go with "he is Chris Sutton, he is Chris Sutton, he is Chris Sutton" for Lukaku.

12 hours ago, just said:

I never got that comparision even factoring in Didier being Rom's hero.

Stylistically he's closer to prime Torres (not as good though) than Drogba. 

In many ways I think the time out injured will help him greatly. Hopefully he's back for Leicester but Tuchel said he was mentally tired and overplayed about a day or two before he got injured.
About a months break and then a "restart" v Leicester or United could be excactly what the doctor ordered.

He's key for our entire season anyways. If he gets started properly he can fire us to the title.

Edited by Sindre

On 02/11/2021 at 15:47, Frankie8Lampard said:

I don't think its fair to use our stats post lukaku's injury as evidence that the team scores more without him in the team. We've clearly had easier opposition since his injury and literally shipped 7 alone all in one game. 

If there was one silver lining to the Lukaku/Werner injuries it's that it happened right as we were about to hit a relatively easy part of the schedule.  

On 08/11/2021 at 23:00, just said:

Brilliant I do something very similar. 

Frankly Lukaku at the moment looks very much like the player we sold, however the enforced break may help. Hopefully    

Sorry Just,  I still hold out a lot of hope for Werner.

Who knows.  

I really like him, but at the same time I simply cannot deny we look more fluid as a whole with him out.

Was thinking about this - Conte loves him and I bet he'd have him at Spurs if given the opportunity. I know it is a long shot, but January window is coming soon and we look to go from strenght to strenght and looking at our team I believe a Harry Kane type of forward is all that is missing from assembling the perfect "Tuchel 3-4-3".

IMHO Harry Kane would fit this Tuchel setup like a glove, even better than if he were to play for City. He'd bring goals and keep the chemistry intact.

If there is a slight chance for a Lukaku - Kane swap in January then I would totally take it if I were Tuchel. Kane would bring this Chelsea team to next level. Maybe Spurs help this cause by hitting a rough patch this coming weeks and Kane has also some poor games and makes Conte press the panick button.

Be shocked if he gets a start in the next couple of games, we are playing much fluid and creative football without him.  The target man role he was playing before the injury did not suit him or the team, expect some kind of change soon. I think it will be him and Havertz as strike partners, or a front 3 with him starting on the left and Havertz the false 9. Sometime you get need a big signing to get the rest of the team work harder and improve, in a funny way Lukaku is doing that during his absence.