Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2021/22

PloKoon13

1 hour ago, Argo said:

I genuinely think Arsenal may get relegated in the near future, the sheer level of incompetence at that club beggars belief.

Don't think they'll be relegated but top 4 looks a pipe dream for them right now. 

Their squad is filled with mediocrity and I can't really wrap my head around their transfer policy. 

£50m on White would make sense if they had a strong, experienced centre back partner to help him but they don't. 

Meanwhile their spending random sums on glorified youth players whilst some of their best paid players are little more than bench warmers. 

2 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Don't think they'll be relegated but top 4 looks a pipe dream for them right now. 

Their squad is filled with mediocrity and I can't really wrap my head around their transfer policy. 

£50m on White would make sense if they had a strong, experienced centre back partner to help him but they don't. 

Meanwhile their spending random sums on glorified youth players whilst some of their best paid players are little more than bench warmers. 

I think Arteta is trying too hard to be Pep. 

There is a reason why City can get away fielding Otamendi at cb and playing two no 10 as cm. 

Edited by Bob stark

The new season was only 22 mins old and that’s all it took for Arsenal to drop 19 places on the PL table. 

Wish I had put money on Brentford winning, I looked at the Arsenal line-up before the match and laughed, it looked like some sort of Championship-esque starting 11. Where are their big-hitters? They just have a cacophony of players, I don’t see any strategy, or coherence with their squad at all. 

They won’t be relegated but a 7th placed finish or thereabouts is probably accurate. I wonder if Arteta will even last the season. I hope he does… 

Arsenal won't finish top half this season. If Arteta stays the season they will be flirting with relegation.

Be prepared to quote me if I end up being wrong. 

(But I won't be) 

Couldn't ask for a better team for Lukaku to start with a bang against, their players don't believe in what their manager is asking of them, it's plain to see. 

11 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

I really wouldn't bet against it, they way they're being run to the ground at all levels is reminding me of Newcastle in the 00s.

Infact they're probably even more vulnerable as they have a significant section of the fanbase that's accepting all this to try and prove they are a superfan. 

It won't happen this season but the trajectory they're heading in is ominous.

Edited by Argo

3 minutes ago, sonic90 said:

They have Willian picking up £200k a week for the next 2 years and he didn't even make the bench.

Next we need to sell them Tammy for £60m

I read somewhere a comment by a gooner saying  they paid less for their stadium than they have forked out for Mesut Ozils fee/wages.

Leeds having a nightmare trying to play out from the back. Lucky to only be 1-0 down at the moment.

When they actually manage to get into the opposition half they look okay. Presumably we’ll see at least one change at half time.

Man Utd have more or less picked up from where they left off.

22 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Leeds have been awful so far. 

United are finding it so easy to get in behind them. For a possession based team they're constantly giving the ball away so cheaply. 

United is leeds worst opp. Everytime united play leeds, mctominay turn into a wc midfielder due to how leeds play

Edited by Bob stark