Graham Potter (Now Sacked ) - *Official* New (Now Old) Chelsea Manager

coco

14 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

Why wouldn't I come to the conclusion that I came out with earlier? I think it's fairly obvious. I don't think it's discrimination, racist, xenophobic, or whatever, I think it's just backed by silly emotion. If you look at the way Sarri was treated by the fans, you'll know what I mean, I say this as someone who wasn't a fan of Sarri by the way.

Loving all the notes you're hitting man. 

Facts. 

They don't care about feelings. 

Same group hounded Sarri and Jorginho but Lamps was greatest thing since sliced bread and should have been given a chance even when it was obvious he wasn't quite at the level required of a Chelsea manager. They cried blue murder when TT replaced him but the instant turnaround was obvious and no one cared for their tunes so they shut up. Now they are as vociferous as ever. Man it's unbelievable. 

What other conclusion should or could be drawn. That is what is tiring. 

1 minute ago, Gol15 said:

Fp5qXXXWcAMislB?format=jpg&name=large

Difference from being proper Chels and being Potter.

No, don't forget that today, Potter was beaten by Conte's assistant, a routine home win by that man whos name I don't even know...

This is our reality:

Fp50gkUXgAISrDF?format=jpg&name=900x900

Tuchel is the definition of proper Chels. The guy stuck with us through thick and thin, and gave the club some of the best nights in our history. If Todd Boehly had any sense he'd beg for Tuchel to come back

I remember Carragher saying that Roy Hodgson never “got the club” and the appointment was all wrong. It feels very similar with Potter unfortunately.

There are some moments when we look ok (first 20 mins today) but ultimately, it’s for nothing and leads nowhere. 

I still don’t see him being sacked. The club seem to be saying that the squad unsettlement is their fault and the situation isn’t ideally. 

I’m expecting us to go out against Dortmund and it will be a painful end to the season. They’ll give him a pre-season and see how we do the first few games of next season. If he’s still struggling then it’s fair and time to go. 

7 minutes ago, abister1 said:

Loving all the notes you're hitting man. 

Facts. 

They don't care about feelings. 

Same group hounded Sarri and Jorginho but Lamps was greatest thing since sliced bread and should have been given a chance even when it was obvious he wasn't quite at the level required of a Chelsea manager. They cried blue murder when TT replaced him but the instant turnaround was obvious and no one cared for their tunes so they shut up. Now they are as vociferous as ever. Man it's unbelievable. 

What other conclusion should or could be drawn. That is what is tiring. 

I'd love to meet one of this imaginary group. 

Did they hate Conte too? What about Jose?

I wanted Lampard sacked but backed Potter for longer than most, I loved Sarri but was sceptical about Tuchels appointment, do I get 50% membership? 

Edited by bisright1

11 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Fp5qXXXWcAMislB?format=jpg&name=large

Difference from being proper Chels and being Potter.

No, don't forget that today, Potter was beaten by Conte's assistant, a routine home win by that man whos name I don't even know...

This is our reality:

Fp50gkUXgAISrDF?format=jpg&name=900x900

This is his level, he won't take us to the next level. He will drag us down to his

Just now, strider6004 said:

I think if we lose to Leeds and go out of the CL they will pull the plug and recruit someone else.

Now with Silva out it gets harder and so surprised he went with Kouliblally, RLC and Ziyech.

We shouldn't have to wait any longer, he should go now. Why throw away a Champions League tie we can still win?

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

I'd love to meet one of this imaginary group. 

Did they hate Conte too? What about Jose?

I wanted Lampard sacked but backed Potter for longer than most, I loved Sarri but was sceptical about Tuchels appointment, do I get 50% membership? 

I've just realised that I was most upset by the firing of 3 Italian managers - Vialli, Carlo, and Di Matteo. So clearly I must have an unconscious Italian bias. Good to know.

4 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

I think if we lose to Leeds and go out of the CL they will pull the plug and recruit someone else.

Now with Silva out it gets harder and so surprised he went with Kouliblally, RLC and Ziyech.

Quite possible in that scenario as the owners may start worrying about relegation. 

5 minutes ago, strider6004 said:

Financially there's no point sacking him after weve gone out the champs league unless relegation became a threat. We'd just keep him until the end of the season and save the cost of replacing him earlier than that. 

Just now, bisright1 said:

Financially there's no point sacking him after weve gone out the champs league unless relegation became a threat. We'd just keep him until the end of the season and save the cost of replacing him earlier than that. 

We could also sack him before the Champions League tie. Why are we just throwing our Champions League campaign away? We chose to sack AVB once we were basically out, yet we went on to win it. Honestly, even with the kit-man as an interim, we'd stand a better chance of getting through than we do with Potter.

26 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I'm so tired of this Arsenal narrative. I don't know who started pushing this agenda. But someone needs to tell Boehly and Potter that firstly we are not Arsenal. Secondly no two clubs or situations in football are ever the exact same. Finally just because Arteta's appointment is working for Arsenal now doesn't mean Potter's will work for us.

Imagine for a second using this excuse in any other profession. So I'm not performing in my job right now, but look at (insert random name) he struggled too for a couple of years. But, now finally he's succeeding 3 years later after his appointment. So you can apply this to me, don't worry about my performance right now, just judge me 3 years later. After I've made a fortune despite failing to do my actual job, thereby essentially getting paid for free.

He's talking about getting the players to watch the Arsenal all or nothing, like is this real life?! I can't believe how delusional these blokes running this club are.

Potter wasn't signed because of his track record for winning games, it was on the basis he could work well with the board. Could "develop" young players and is emotionally intelligent. For an elite club to appoint any coach, one of the fundamentals has to be that they know how to win and will win. The fact this wasn't a prerequisite for this job is already a big red flag. Because not only does that mean its allowed Boehly and Co to hire clearly the wrong candidate, but it also gives them the justification to stick by him.

Watching the Arsenal all or nothing documentary........what is going on? Is this just one massive piss take? We've become the new Banter FC.

There is a degree of inevitability about Potter's future now so, despite me being one who is prepared to give him more time, i think it's best to act sooner rather than later.

The vast majority of the fans have turned against him which, in football, is really the beginning of the end and you sense a growing number of the players are going through the motions. The performance against Spurs was hideously limp and Potter didn't do himself any favours with his starting line up or changes. 

It's clear Ziyech has no future with us, and nor should he, yet bizarrely he gets started when he was 90% out of the door during the window. Havertz is a car crash up front and whilst Aubameyang has impressed as much as the Skoda does at sports car demos he is still a centre forward, for him and Fofana to not get a look in when we have scored less than Thora Hird is baffling.

Zitech and Cheek getting hooked today was right but far too late. Then it was also far too late bringing on Mudryk and Aubameyang. Ridiculously late in fact.

I just can't see a way this team will improve significantly which is what is required for Potter to keep his job. So, given that, I feel it is better to move now rather than wait another 5 weeks or so. 

It's a real shame as I think he is a genuinely decent bloke and some of the abuse he has received is pathetic and says much more about the idiocy of football fans, in particular keyboard fans, than it does about his ability as a manager.  

I think letting him go now is probably the best thing for him and his family too...not just the monster pay out! 

6 minutes ago, bisright1 said:

Certainly agree on the financials and think if were not in the CL he would go after a Leeds (defeat) yet strangely think they will give him the Dortmund game.

Relegation becomes real prospect the longer we go without a win which is why I am so disappointed he did not play our strongest team today.