Man City v Chelsea (PL) Sun 21st May 2023 16:00 GMT

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

4 hours ago, just said:

I'm surprised you are still on here. You are no more a Chelsea fan than @dkw is the Duchess of Kent.

Oh wait, I'll change my mind immediately and be a 'real fan'... come back Graham Potter, you are a legend of a coach and Chelsea Football Club was completely brilliant under your leadership. 

🙄

3 hours ago, TheRealDavidK said:

Oh wait, I'll change my mind immediately and be a 'real fan'... come back Graham Potter, you are a legend of a coach and Chelsea Football Club was completely brilliant under your leadership. 

🙄

At last TheRealDicK!! Something vaguely positive from you. Well done. Keep it going.

Wrapping up the title at home turf with 2 'tough' games to come, you know Pep will get his team ready for this one. It may not even be fair to play Haland against us, Pep will sub him off at 34th minute after a hat trick. Given how we played the team last weekend, wouldn't be surprised if we see Azpi at CB , and Sterling at RWB this weekend.

Actually our defensive record is quite good when we can put some defenders on the field. Fofana may be fit for this one, perhaps even Cucu. One thing is for sure I don't fancy Lewis Hall doing well against Mahrez or Bernardo Silva. if cucu not fit should be RLC .

The real issue is picking three in the midfield that can compete. My choice assuming kante is fit enough is kante kante and kante but perhaps gallagher, enzo, kante.

Start sterling and havertz ziyech probably better than noni right now but if ziyech is off no point playing him so noni gets a nod. Mudryck to replace sterling after an hour.

so subject to kante and cucu fitness I have

kepa

chalobah fofana silva cucu/rlc

kante/gallagher enzo gallagher/carney/hall (carney doesn't even make the bench so this wont happen)

noni havertz sterling

7 hours ago, ozboy said:

Actually our defensive record is quite good when we can put some defenders on the field. Fofana may be fit for this one, perhaps even Cucu. One thing is for sure I don't fancy Lewis Hall doing well against Mahrez or Bernardo Silva. if cucu not fit should be RLC .

The real issue is picking three in the midfield that can compete. My choice assuming kante is fit enough is kante kante and kante but perhaps gallagher, enzo, kante.

Start sterling and havertz ziyech probably better than noni right now but if ziyech is off no point playing him so noni gets a nod. Mudryck to replace sterling after an hour.

so subject to kante and cucu fitness I have

kepa

chalobah fofana silva cucu/rlc

kante/gallagher enzo gallagher/carney/hall (carney doesn't even make the bench so this wont happen)

noni havertz sterling

Kante is out for the season so it looks like Enzo, Kova, possibly +1. 

4 hours ago, Kev56 said:

As a football betting man, i don't ever remember anything like this for a Chelsea game.

image.thumb.png.7104634cdc84accf6a2c3dd30a727039.png

I think against Barcelona away in 2012 the odds were similar. But back then the bookies had underestimated us, this time the odds are spot on...

Even though it is highly unlikely we get anything from this game, it is good to know in an unlikely event we were to pull something off, that City would remain top anyway. My biggest fear was after Arsenal beat Newcastle, City may drop points to Everton, then Arsenal would beat Brighton and Forest and we would take points off City. Thankfully my wish came through.

This team couldn't be bothered to show up against Arsenal, Spurs etc, can't see them do anything different against the team aiming to wrap up the title this game. With a bit of luck, strange things could happen, but the underdogs must be willing to put in the extra effort like a team battling for survival. Unfortunately, I just don't see that coming. Plus, who knows what odd selections will coming this game.

Arrizabalaga

Chalobah | Thiago Silva | Badiashile | Azpilicueta

Enzo | RLC

Madueke  |     Gallagher   |   Sterling

Havertz

City just absolutely destroyed real. I am not optimistic about a result. . To this day I trace the decline of chelsea to the season we sold de Bruyne and salah. the former is the ultimate big game performer. 

A tough game for sure but we need to show honour and integrity and do all we can to keep Arsenal's fading title hopes alive. So with that in mind I'd like to see the following team.

Mendy

Sterling.       Apzi.  Koulibaly.     Cucurella

Havertz

RLC.         Kova

Pulisic.       Aubameyang.       Ziyech

On 15/05/2023 at 02:44, just said:

I'm surprised you are still on here. You are no more a Chelsea fan than @dkw is the Duchess of Kent.

Hmm...so does that mean the D and K on DKW stands for Duchess (of) Kent? 

Maybe the W is for Wendy then?

Seth Curry Sport GIF by Philadelphia 76ers