Following Our Nearest And Dearest Rivals 2023/24

Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

17 minutes ago, dkw said:

No doubt Liverpool will get an apology from refs, did we ever get ours? 

From the BBC website.

PGMOL admit Luis Diaz offside decision was wrong

A statement from the refereeing body, the PGMOL:

PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.

PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

25 minutes ago, just said:

From the BBC website.

PGMOL admit Luis Diaz offside decision was wrong

A statement from the refereeing body, the PGMOL:

PGMOL acknowledge a significant human error occurred during the first half of Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool.

The goal by Luiz Diaz was disallowed for offside by the on-field team of match officials. This was a clear and obvious factual error and should have resulted in the goal being awarded through VAR intervention, however, the VAR failed to intervene.

PGMOL will conduct a full review into the circumstances which led to the error.

Funny how they've made this mistake against multiple teams but they suddenly release a statement now because its the media's darling Liverpool

49 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Funny how they've made this mistake against multiple teams but they suddenly release a statement now because its the media's darling Liverpool

And because it affected Liverpool it'll be debated on every media platform for the next few days as well.

Edited by 2211

5 hours ago, axman2526 said:

Ah come on my friend, Caicedo has not been a regular starter due to late arrival and injury, but is clearly a first choice player. Disasi we don't know where he would rank if Chalobah and Badiashile were fit. We should find out soon though.

Fair points on the others though.

I just feel some caution ahead of the west London derby is not a bad idea.

Ok, so it really wasn’t Chelsea A team versus Brighton B side, which was my point. We won against what was in front, and we won the game fair and square. Whatever happens on Monday is another matter, we may lose but, if we win are also going to spin it as it’s only Fulham? 

41 minutes ago, RMH said:

Ok, so it really wasn’t Chelsea A team versus Brighton B side, which was my point. We won against what was in front, and we won the game fair and square. Whatever happens on Monday is another matter, we may lose but, if we win are also going to spin it as it’s only Fulham? 

I won't be. Fulham are a hard working side of PL quality players that drew ar a very good Arsenal side. That and it is THE game for them in the season against us.

7 hours ago, ducavis said:

They will. Spurs need another interior playmaker to pair with Maddison to win this which they don’t have. It’s the most awkward thing trying out to win with 11 men v 9.

I don't think they need another Madison. What they need is Kane. 

Liverpool got absolutely shafted.

I'm already sick to death of the sp*rs media love in. They should've lost 3 times this season to Sheffield, Arsenal and Pool, they've just had every single little thing go their way so far. It's bound to change. Ange is good (he managed my local team in Aus so I know all about him), but why aren't Villa getting a quarter of the praise they are?

f**k Sp*rs.

11 hours ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

Correct. End paragraph in this article.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/aug/25/mike-dean-admits-avoiding-var-call-to-spare-referee-more-grief-last-season

Still waiting for the apology.

Sometimes I feel that the West needs a bit of Eastern european mentality in terms of sports and how the media and the fans act to protect their clubs. The PL with an Eastern european atmosphere in the stands would be on a whole new level. 

There is no other league in this world where I feel that refs play such a big part in this game and it's getting even worse with every season. They are given way too much power and it seems they are untouchable no matter how bad they officiate. 

The irony is that this is the best league in the world officiated by the worst refs in world football. I mean, managers get sacked for less and their career could turn ugly from there. Players have a bad period and get benched and their career could go south. Refs can do whatever they want and probably get the next round in the Championship and then come back to the PL the following week. 

Why can't refs like those at Spurs v Liverpool get a similar treatment and get relegated to League Two for a longer period? But this only after they have been suspended for like 4 or 5 rounds w/o any officiating anywhere else? This way they would be more careful and see obvious incidents that IMHO they actually choose not to see because they are corrupt and biased. 

Apparently the VAR check on the disallowed goal was so quick because the VAR ref believed the on the pitch team had awarded a goal, the check quickly proved Diaz onside so he relayed check complete. 

Once the game had restarted the VAR ref understood what really went on and relayed that message however the rules state the game cannot be brought back unless it is the case of mistaken identity or a red card worthy offense.