Chelsea v Brentford (PL) Sat 28th Oct 23 12:30 GMT

Mod
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

4 minutes ago, Gol15 said:

Maybe I have lost it but I felt that we could have won this match 3:0 in the first half.

We could have if we could actually shoot, but we are without doubt the worst team in the division in the final third. Some of the drag backs and step overs are so infantile, so immature and easy to read, is I any wonder our attacks constant break down.

Our only tactic is give the ball to the nearest bloke to you and the jog slowly to another position...and then rest. Its appalling.

I said at the start of the season top 6 would be a good season, currently doesn't look like we will make the Europa League let alone the UCL. 

We've had rotten luck with injuries, but it does underpin the poor squad makeup. Signing all these youngsters and expecting to be a top team is beyond delusional. Pochettino needs full reign come January and Sunmer to turn this squad into his team. I've seen enough to like Pochettino for the short to medium term possibly long term. He needs help though Nkunku can't solve all the issues

Just now, Frankie8Lampard said:

ironically we will probably do better against those teams since they will have more of the ball

So people say.

But we've played Liverpool and Arsenal at home and not won either despite both having off days.

Just as we've failed to win against any decent team last year with a lot of these players.

We might look better because they'll give us more space in behind but we won't win because we've got a group of players that sh*t themselves in both boxes regardless of the opposition.

Seen it time after time.

1 minute ago, JM7 said:

Their 3rd win in consecutive seasons. Embarrassing 

The perfect encapsulation of Chelsea over the last 2 years. Find it absolutely impossible to score ourselves and concede goals ourselves from the simplest actions possible. 

Issue is just as much defence as it is attack. Mentality and quality. 

1 minute ago, axman2526 said:

Early kick off game, a loss and cr@p performance are the norm, why so many surprised by this.

Yes. Sadly I am not surprised. Especially with Enzo and Mudryk unavailable. After some positive performances recently this one sets us back again

Just now, Blue72 said:

Anyone who thinks just buying a top goal scorer  will fix this sh*te is in for a very nasty surprise This team and management  needs a wrecking ball

it wont but it will be better than the constant misses or lack of awareness we see every week from jackson and some of the other forwards

3 minutes ago, Jezz said:

This club is now entrenched in mediocrity.

I can't see us getting out of it for the foreseeable future.

Some players like Palmer and Caicedo are really good IMO but there isn't a player to lead the attack just yet. Sterling could have been the focal point of our attack but he simply doesn't have it in him.

4 minutes ago, Cap said:

Match day fans were quiet as a church mouse most of the game, quite embarrassing. 

Just look now at all the tourist chelsea "fans" filming the Brentford players celebrating. Makes me more angry than the team to be honest. I'm a member and live in Manchester now, so difficult to get tickets and when I do its an eight hour round trip. Went to the Villa game in the shed upper and to my right were a foreign couple who didn't make a sound the entire game, she didn't look away from her phone. On my left were an extremely posh couple dressed like they were going to the opera, again didn't make a sound and I'm sure she was complaining to her husband about everyone standing. Hopefully if we do continue to be sh*t, the best thing that can come of it is the tourists f**k off somewhere else.

Another encouraging performance. Positives are that we had a lot of possession and that their keeper had to make one or two saves. Remember, Brentford have been playing together for ages and are for now ahead of us. But…

Trust the process! It’s just a matter of a few more games for our squad to get used to each other and gel and when Nkunku is back we’ll see win after win with loads of goals.

1 minute ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I said at the start of the season top 6 would be a good season, currently doesn't look like we will make the Europa League let alone the UCL. 

We've had rotten luck with injuries, but it does underpin the poor squad makeup. Signing all these youngsters and expecting to be a top team is beyond delusional. Pochettino needs full reign come January and Sunmer to turn this squad into his team. I've seen enough to like Pochettino for the short to medium term possibly long term. He needs help though Nkunku can't solve all the issues

I don't see us making any of the European places this season. At the moment it feels like the best we can hope for is avoiding a relegation fight, and that is as much down to the handful of poor teams in the Premier League than anything else. That might even save Everton if they get a 12 point deduction this season.

1 minute ago, carrickblue said:

Our guys seem to think that because they're wearing a Chelsea shirt they're better than the opposition. I think that's why we never look up for a fight, they're just expecting things to click. But the reality is we're a midtable team that needs to scrap for everything. 

Fair observation, the shirt should be the reason for them to go hard and not to go soft.