Chelsea v Brentford (PL) Sat 28th Oct 23 12:30 GMT

Mod
Chelsea Megastore
Chelsea Megastore

Chelsea Megastore

6 minutes ago, LongtimerLurker said:

I said at the start of the season top 6 would be a good season, currently doesn't look like we will make the Europa League let alone the UCL. 

We've had rotten luck with injuries, but it does underpin the poor squad makeup. Signing all these youngsters and expecting to be a top team is beyond delusional. Pochettino needs full reign come January and Sunmer to turn this squad into his team. I've seen enough to like Pochettino for the short to medium term possibly long term. He needs help though Nkunku can't solve all the issues

I have my doubts about Nkunku, look how well Palmer is playing and yet he can't get an assist with the players around him...

I'm sick of hearing all of the sh*te about how good the likes of Sterling and Gallagher have been. The whole team has been sh*te this season, again. You're not getting praise for hard work, it's a basic requirement at this level. Quality is what matters and none of these players are producing enough quality consistently. Sterling will have good moments now and again, then he faces the low block and looks like he hasn't go a clue. Gallagher looks like a child trying to impress the PE teacher in school, but doesn't have any qualities that matter for a team with possession. 

When these are your regular starters, you have no hope. Cole Palmer is literally the only player I have seen in the entire squad this season that has potential star quality. The rest rank between awful and average, and yes, I include the likes of Caicedo and Enzo in that list. They have their moments, but neither of them are producing what I would call star quality.

The defence are the same. They will switch off multiple times throughout a match, every game, without fail. If it's not the goalkeeper, it's the cb's, if it's not the cb's, it's the full backs, and if it's none of them, it will be somebody in midfield or attack that isn't tracking back properly. It's just the most basic errors every single game.

Another painful home performance that is probably that is becoming so predictable I'd bet my mortgage on it.  A few observations

- Once again fail to take our chances, and once we chase, didn't even offer a thread
- Inability to get to the byline is comical, and the way you stretch and exploit a deep defence
- Players take too many touches
- Cucurella - he did not appear bad on face value, but he was clearly targeted.  Twice they got in behind him; should have scored the first one, and took the second chance
- Second game in a row the back post defenders (right side again) didn't follow the ball or man

I really do feel for the home fans.  We're so easy to play against - just soak it up and wait for the inevitable moment!

There is no point analyzing this game ,because I can just copy and paste the same thing from before

Our biggest problem in final third will be very hard to solve without additional help. Reece James being healthy will definitely help. Nkunku will be back soon and that will help. 

Sterling situation is complicated. Sterling is our best player by far. I don't know what happen but he always stop running after 60/70 min. He has done this almost every game. I said before it is hard for Sterling to be the guy every game but he kinda have to. Poch need to find a way to squeeze more out of him. 

5 minutes ago, AJMurphy25 said:

Just look now at all the tourist chelsea "fans" filming the Brentford players celebrating. Makes me more angry than the team to be honest. I'm a member and live in Manchester now, so difficult to get tickets and when I do its an eight hour round trip. Went to the Villa game in the shed upper and to my right were a foreign couple who didn't make a sound the entire game, she didn't look away from her phone. On my left were an extremely posh couple dressed like they were going to the opera, again didn't make a sound and I'm sure she was complaining to her husband about everyone standing. Hopefully if we do continue to be sh*t, the best thing that can come of it is the tourists f**k off somewhere else.

The Premier League is a global game now "tourist fans" are just part of the game now and I don't think they are the reason for the stadium being quiet. Every team has them yet we still see their stadiums lod.The real reason is that we've been sh*t for a while now and its hard for match going fans to have the desire to cheer for what's currently being displayed.

2 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

I'm sick of hearing all of the sh*te about how good the likes of Sterling and Gallagher have been. The whole team has been sh*te this season, again. You're not getting praise for hard work, it's a basic requirement at this level. Quality is what matters and none of these players are producing enough quality consistently. Sterling will have good moments now and again, then he faces the low block and looks like he hasn't go a clue. Gallagher looks like a child trying to impress the PE teacher in school, but doesn't have any qualities that matter for a team with possession. 

When these are your regular starters, you have no hope. Cole Palmer is literally the only player I have seen in the entire squad this season that has potential star quality. The rest rank between awful and average, and yes, I include the likes of Caicedo and Enzo in that list. They have their moments, but neither of them are producing what I would call star quality.

The defence are the same. They will switch off multiple times throughout a match, every game, without fail. If it's not the goalkeeper, it's the cb's, if it's not the cb's, it's the full backs, and if it's none of them, it will be somebody in midfield or attack that isn't tracking back properly. It's just the most basic errors every single game.

I thought we desperately missed Enzo in the middle. 

Sterling is frustrating but he's bailed us out quite a few times, he can actually create something out of nothing to be fair to him. On Gallagher I agree, I'm not as impressed by him as many others are, I think he's a passenger most of the time and slows down our play. 

Edited by Victor90

7 minutes ago, Scott Harris said:

Gallagher wouldn't get near our squad when we were challenging for trophies and neither would this version of Sterling who chucked it as soon as he left City.

We signed guys on stupid long term mega money deals that will sink us for years to come. 

There's no positives regarding us either now or down the line. We spent 1 billion on building an inexperienced squad so disjointed that we can't even rotate it.

Poch can walk or be sacked but no one worth their salt will come to this club given there is a muppet running us. 

Edited by Chelsbear

1 minute ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

The Premier League is a global game now "tourist fans" are just part of the game now and I don't think they are the reason for the stadium being quiet. Every team has them yet we still see their stadiums lod. The real reason is that we've been sh*t for a while now and its hard for match going fans to have the desire to cheer for what's currently being displayed.

The team is doing very little on the pitch to get the fans excited. Quite surprising that the crowd all stay awake to be honest 🙂 

2 minutes ago, Frankie8Lampard said:

The Premier League is a global game now "tourist fans" are just part of the game now and I don't think they are the reason for the stadium being quiet. Every team has them yet we still see their stadiums lod.The real reason is that we've been sh*t for a while now and its hard for match going fans to have the desire to cheer for what's currently being displayed.

If fans only want to cheer for consistent winners they can go to Manchester and become City fans. No excuse for being drowned out by Brentford fans most of the game. The fans can’t do anything about the quality of the play on the pitch but the ones at the Bridge can do something about the energy and atmosphere on match day, and today they didn’t get their job done, either. 

1 minute ago, Whats_The_Mata? said:

Madueke and Jackson have lacked attacking awareness since they signed for us.

Not going to berate a CB playing at right back when we have attacking players starting that wouldn't make the bench of most clubs in the league.

Not blaming him, more so the fact that a CB playing in RB affected our game, something Poch should have seen as early as half time

3 minutes ago, Victor90 said:

I thought we desperately missed Enzo in the middle. 

Sterling is frustrating but he's bailed us out quite a few times, he can actually create something out of nothing to be fair to him. On Gallagher I agree, I'm not as impressed by him as many others are, I think he's a passenger most of the time and slows down our play. 

Without Enzo, Gallagher struggled. I think we would have had better balance in midfield with Ugochukwu covering for Enzo instead

2 minutes ago, Whats_The_Mata? said:

Madueke and Jackson have lacked attacking awareness since they signed for us.

Not going to berate a CB playing at right back when we have attacking players starting that wouldn't make the bench of most clubs in the league.

I assume he only started over Gusto to counter the height Brentford have at set pieces.

Just now, Cap said:

If fans only want to cheer for consistent winners they can go to Manchester and become City fans. No excuse for being drowned out by Brentford fans most of the game. The fans can’t do anything about the quality of the play on the pitch but the ones at the Bridge can do something about the energy and atmosphere on match day, and today they didn’t get their job done, either. 

Going to disagree there. Match going fans pay for their tickets and have the right to cheer for the team however they want to, there's only so much you can do when the same pattern has been happening for the last few years. They contribute a lot more to the club than people complaining online so they should be the last people that people come for.

1 hour ago, El regreso said:

If Brentford score we lose 

As soon as it hit the hour mark and was still 0-0, you just knew we would lose today. All that domination but no goals and concede to a sucker punch. So predictable. God, is it that difficult to find a player who can score some goals FFS.

23 minutes ago, JM7 said:

Their 3rd win in consecutive seasons. Embarrassing 

History made. First side ever in the pl to win their first 3 visits to us.

They now call it 3 point Bridge.

21 minutes ago, forbzy said:

Yes. Sadly I am not surprised. Especially with Enzo and Mudryk unavailable. After some positive performances recently this one sets us back again

Arsenal set us back. Many tried to take the positives out of it but it clearly hit us. Today we did not get a pen or a Mudryk fluke and we dont score.

That bench though. All that money spent to have 2 keepers, youth players and Washington as our only alternative striker.

25 minutes ago, Bob stark said:

@Sconnie Blue

If you look how our front line play, they were staggered yet we struggled to create anything. 

I thought the tactics were great, particularly the first half. Which was all I asked from Poch.

The quality let us down. Cucurella should’ve buried that chance and Jackson + Madueke are still far away from the level needed. The naivety in how we defend and lose concentration a big part of this lack in quality and team coming together.