Antonio Conte - Now Officially Manager

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

I'm usually all for Conte, but the City game really turned me around. It was an appalling pre-gam to post. The way he managed the game, I felt he threw the game away just to prove the point City is lot better, and he accepted the 1 Nil before kick off. It's beyond belief he had a wing back as his first sub close to 80 minutes, and the best striker came on with 3 minutes to go, and off went Hazard. If there was no revolt in the dressing room after this, I'd worry if the players have lost their eggos and hungers

Fair enough the 2 Manchester teams spent more than us, but what's his excuse to be the team fallen behind Liverpool and Spurs? hell, we are probably the worst team in the top 6, and we aren't going to get better if the manager just going to b1tch about the same thing every week, and not focusing on the game. If we fail to win this weekend, I reckon it's time for a mutual termination. He doesn't want to be here anymore, and we should move on as quickly as we could. I think Roman actually allowed Jose hanged around too long last time, if this is going to be the end, then there's no need to prolong the suffering for both parties.

maybe, just maybe i (and maybe others) have been too quick to sh*t on him after the city game. on reflection, maybe the tactics were somewhat warranted. i don't know honestly. i really wanted to see something different though, it was disappointing not to see something different. as well as his sly digs at times it makes me a bit irritated with him. i will support him as long as we don't see those tactics again in a big game. we need to win every single game in the league (unless 2nd and 3rd place teams slip up at some point), so i hope to god he changes tactics and we actually go out to play and win. no more hazard in a position where he's ineffective. 

Edited by enigma

1 hour ago, enigma said:

maybe, just maybe i (and maybe others) have been too quick to sh*t on him after the city game. on reflection, maybe the tactics were somewhat warranted. i don't know honestly. i really wanted to see something different though, it was disappointing not to see something different. as well as his sly digs at times it makes me a bit irritated with him. i will support him as long as we don't see those tactics again in a big game. we need to win every single game in the league (unless 2nd and 3rd place teams slip up at some point), so i hope to god he changes tactics and we actually go out to play and win. no more hazard in a position where he's ineffective. 

I don't think the tactics were any different to the barca game. Only this time, we had no kante, we didn't work hard enough without the ball, and the quality on the ball was appalling. 

After the defeat to United, a draw wouldn't have even been a good result, so I think we should've just had a real go at city. 

Conte has got it wrong more than he got it right, since the turn of the year. The moaning certainly doesn't help, and it looks like the writing is now on the wall.

I don't think he can turn this around, and if I'm honest, I don't think he even wants to. 

12 hours ago, Ernie_blue said:

I can't remember for a long time Conte changing a game, formation or seeing the match going away from his team like the Utd or Roma games and influencing them before the damage is done,  he seems to stubborn to me.

That is why I think he must go, the game is of two halves and he can only win one.

Not sure it is stubbornness with his subs or he is just too slow to recognise or know what to do.

1 hour ago, enigma said:

I've no problem with behind the ball tactics against stronger teams, yet when you go a goal down straight after the restart, not bringing on a striker until the 78th minute and then another on 90minutes is unbelievable, either incompetence or doesn't care.

There have been several times when he has made bad substitutions, only once did I see one come off.

2 hours ago, Zeta said:

Why is our ability on the ball so bad though? Every player looks scared when  they have it. These are professional players, they should be able to pass the damn thing.

Because no matter how good a player you are, you need confidence in the system, and no players had confidence in that system on Sunday.

If you are playing deep and inviting a team on, you need an extremely hard working midfield & an out ball, the moment Kante became ill, Conte should have revised his thinking. He then compounded his errors by not reacting to the performance in front of him.

We know, he knows, the players know & the board knows, he ain’t here next season, let’s move on now.

4 hours ago, shedpensioner said:

We know, he knows, the players know & the board knows, he ain’t here next season, let’s move on now.

This is his biggest mistake this season, conveying so much negativity, allowing everybody to know he's gone this summer. It's rank stupidity, it only demotivates players.

Even if he wasn't happy, even if he wanted out, even if there were tensions behind the scenes, he shouldn't have made it so obvious to everybody.

The media pick up on that negativity and it only creates more negativity around the club and that eventually spreads to the players.

He's sulked his way through an entire season and that's criminal in my opinion.

You want players to fight for you, how can they fight for a manager that's on his way out, whatever happens.

How can they fight for a manager that continually lets it be known he's not happy with the players he's got?

Edit: How could he be this stupid? We've lost all our spirit, and that's what really separates us from our rivals in the Prem, and spirit is usually something we have in abundance, and when there's a lack of spirit, the manager has to be held accountable.

Edited by Davey Baby

I’m in Berlin at the moment, last night I went into a pub with a Chelsea hoody on, Just standard plain hoody with Chelsea badge. Figured it’d be harmless.

A German bloke came to me, held the badge up (in a friendly way) and laughed, “You’re a brave man wearing this jumper”

I just laughed it off, but after that I’ve had 2 or 3 more Germans come to me and had a chuckle at our pathetic performance against City!

If the Germans know about the game then I dread to think what the rest of world think!

Conte out before he turns us into a laughing stock like Arsenal!

7 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

This is his biggest mistake this season, conveying so much negativity, allowing everybody to know he's gone this summer. It's rank stupidity, it only demotivates players.

Even if he wasn't happy, even if he wanted out, even if there were tensions behind the scenes, he shouldn't have made it so obvious to everybody.

The media pick up on that negativity and it only creates more negativity around the club and that eventually spreads to the players.

You want players to fight for you, how can they fight for a manager that's on his way out, whatever happens.

How can they fight for a manager that continually lets it be known he's not happy with the players he's got?

Edit: How could he be this stupid? We've lost all our spirit, and that's what really separates us from our rivals in the Prem, and spirit is usually something we have in abundance, and when there's a lack of spirit, the manager has to be held accountable.

The part don't get is, if he is so intent on leaving and it's decided, why is he even doing this? If he left us in the summer with us in a solid top 4 place he would still have been a hero with the fans and his stock would arguably be even higher cause of the not so great circumstances. He has proven he can get great performances out of flawed squads, so if he's going, why is he not focusing ALL his energy on going out in a blaze of glory? If he is that desperate to stick two middle fingers up to Roman and the hierarchy, what better way than walking away with a CL medal round his neck? That way all parties would get something out of this.

And the hardest thing to take from all of this is we were in a strong position in January, we were comfortably in top 4 and it looked very likely we would finish 2nd (United were flaking and Spurs/Liverpool were at arms length), but Conte had another episode and now we look certain to be playing Thursday nights next season. If Conte left in December i would have been devastated, if he leaves now i'd happily offer to clear his desk myself.

8 hours ago, Davey Baby said:

Agree with everything in that post

Just by footballing merit I feel Conte is the best coach we've had Abramovic era. He is the first coach to ditch things Jose brought to our football. I know it sounds much but this is how I feel. Conte's Chelsea looked exactly like Jose's Chelsea against City. This was arguably his worst game for us. He doesn't know Jose's football so he shouldn't try it either.

Problem with Conte is he is not backed by the board. By this I mean board have not succeeded on his level in the player recruiting. Conte has been A grade coach in a club with B grade transfers.

As soon as he leaves us he will win any league he goes to. Promised.

2 hours ago, evissy said:

Just by footballing merit I feel Conte is the best coach we've had Abramovic era. He is the first coach to ditch things Jose brought to our football. I know it sounds much but this is how I feel. Conte's Chelsea looked exactly like Jose's Chelsea against City. This was arguably his worst game for us. He doesn't know Jose's football so he shouldn't try it either.

Problem with Conte is he is not backed by the board. By this I mean board have not succeeded on his level in the player recruiting. Conte has been A grade coach in a club with B grade transfers.

Well, he did win a league with Chelsea last season, and playing some nice football. I think most of posters in here are overreacting after a bad patch and poor performance. But the tactics against City were the same as Barsa, and we were the better team and praised then. Don’t understand why now we are the lowest of the low. And some were asking to be playing like the spuds, look at them now and still with FA silverware. Sometimes I have to look at the banner several times because I think I’ve got into an Arsenal forum with so much “Conte out!”. Fortunately, we don’t get as many Claudes and AFTV characters at the Bridge as in here.

4 minutes ago, RMH said:

Well, he did win a league with Chelsea last season, and playing some nice football. I think most of posters in here are overreacting after a bad patch and poor performance. But the tactics against City were the same as Barsa, and we were the better team and praised then. Don’t understand why now we are the lowest of the low. And some were asking to be playing like the spuds, look at them now and still with FA silverware. Sometimes I have to look at the banner several times because I think I’ve got into an Arsenal forum with so much “Conte out!”. Fortunately, we don’t get as many Claudes and AFTV characters at the Bridge as in here.

Whats happened since January has gone beyond a poor patch and poor performances and whats worse it looks like Conte is reigning it in. When has a managerial tenure at any club hit such a rut we are currently in and recovered? I can't think of many, not in modern times anyway. I want whats best for the club and it's not looking like Conte incharge right now for many reasons.

It really is worth considering that all footballing reasons aside, he could just be tired of London (many would be), and seeking his way out of his contract ASAP - he could be utterly depressed for all we know, in which case there can't be much negativity towards him IMO, just disappointed understanding. 

6 minutes ago, Argo said:

Whats happened since January has gone beyond a poor patch and poor performances and whats worse it looks like Conte is reigning it in. When has a managerial tenure at any club hit such a rut we are currently in and recovered? I can't think of many, not in modern times anyway. I want whats best for the club and it's not looking like Conte incharge right now for many reasons.

What about Mourinho’s second time season 15/16? That was a disaster from the beginning with bad blood, sacking of medical staff, bibs flying, and so on. And that’s not that long ago. 

In this patch, I get the feeling that everything is blown out of proportion and we fans have some part of blame. Sometimes I wonder where does the nastiness towards our club owner, coach, and players of many posters here comes from... And I think this is due to too much media reading and too much believing the tv pundits analyses. 

14 minutes ago, RMH said:

Did you watch the City game? The lack of changes after going a goal down, the changes he eventually made.. Lets not forget the teams we have lost to.

Look at our results since new year alone in the league: W2 D2 L4.

8 points from a possible 24 isn't good enough. He has the best attacker (Hazard), midfielder (Kante) and defender (Azpi) at his disposal and still loses to the likes of Watford and Bournemouth. We have no right to win every game be we sure as hell should at least put up a fight. 3-0 to Bournemouth and 4-1 to Watford on Conte's shoulders. 

An overreaction would be people kicking off for one or two bad results but the warning signs have been here for months. 

33 minutes ago, RIP Mourinho said:

Did you watch the City game? The lack of changes after going a goal down, the changes he eventually made.. Lets not forget the teams we have lost to.

Look at our results since new year alone in the league: W2 D2 L4.

8 points from a possible 24 isn't good enough. He has the best attacker (Hazard), midfielder (Kante) and defender (Azpi) at his disposal and still loses to the likes of Watford and Bournemouth. We have no right to win every game be we sure as hell should at least put up a fight. 3-0 to Bournemouth and 4-1 to Watford on Conte's shoulders. 

An overreaction would be people kicking off for one or two bad results but the warning signs have been here for months. 

If you think that asking for the sacking (and adding insults) of Abramovich and the board, the coach Conte, and almost every player bar Hazard and Kante, every single day in every single post and occasion is not an overreaction, then I there's not much I can say to convince you. But some then go to AFTV for the laughs when we have this kind of supporters right here right now.

3 hours ago, evissy said:

I would win the league at PSG.

Edited by Ernie_blue

1 hour ago, RMH said:

Bad patch? 2 going on 3 months is longer than a bad patch, you say poor performance, so 1 bad performance in 3 months? Fans have every right to criticise players who consistently underperform, Conte critises his own players constantly by moaning about transfers. The reason players like Kante, Dave or Hazard don't get critised is because they consistently perform at a higher level than others apart from when we have to watch Hazard walking as a false number 9.

Fans are reacting after 3 months of sh*t, not 1 game. Conte has made many errors this season but unfortunately for him the results haven't glossed over them.

14 minutes ago, RMH said:

If you think that asking for the sacking (and adding insults) of Abramovich and the board, the coach Conte, and almost every player bar Hazard and Kante, every single day in every single post and occasion is not an overreaction, then I there's not much I can say to convince you. But some then go to AFTV for the laughs when we have this kind of supporters right here right now.

I've only seen 2 people moaning about Abromovic (new posters) but Conte and a lot of the players deserve criticism. On a forum you're going to have differing of opinions and the vast majority of people do it sensibly. If we all agreed everything was fine and dandy all the time the forum would be a damn boring place. 

This 100%

On 07/03/2018 at 01:54, Argo said:

From the top of my head these are the points we have rescued from 75 mins onwards under Conte.

2 vs West Ham

3 vs Watford

1 vs Swansea

2 vs West Brom

2 vs Stoke

2 vs West Brom 

2 vs Watford 

2 vs Spurs (although we conceded an equalizer in that period too)

2 vs Leti

1 vs Roma

3 vs Watford 

1 vs Liverpool

1 vs Leti

Thats 24 points in 18 months plus the Spurs semi last season which is pretty impressive in my book especially considering that upto new year we haven't been in that position so often.

That's like I remember it and if looked at in isolation impressive to some. However from that list only Roma, Liverpool and Spurs would I say were good, Atletico too.

And don't get me wrong I'm not denigrating his achievements. I think he's tactically astute and can even achieve more with us or any other club for that matter. Truth is most times in football these days the team that gets the lead will win the game as most managers will employ game management to see out the game.

Those that fall outside that category of not losing if they go behind are the big clubs and most of the time come backs apart from tactical direction from the bench are brought about by the attitude and spirit of the players. My point i was trying to make is when combined with his de-motivation of the squad (compare and contrast with last season) it is hard to turn around things on the pitch for players. 

Conte has been his own greatest undoing this season. He moans too much and it's not just me moaning. It's now an observed trait of his right now around world football.

I still want him as manger as I feel he is good enough but he needs to give the players he's got credit and try and use those the club got him instead of who he wanted in a way the sum of the whole becomes greater than the individual parts.

He's done it several times before in other jobs. He needs to just get over his bitterness with the board, get his mind right and do what everyone knows he's capable of which is get his team to win games.

6 hours ago, RMH said:

What about Mourinho’s second time season 15/16? That was a disaster from the beginning with bad blood, sacking of medical staff, bibs flying, and so on. And that’s not that long ago. 

In this patch, I get the feeling that everything is blown out of proportion and we fans have some part of blame. Sometimes I wonder where does the nastiness towards our club owner, coach, and players of many posters here comes from... And I think this is due to too much media reading and too much believing the tv pundits analyses. 

Jose never stopped caring that season.

Conte has a sh*t CL-record and is a moaning pussy.

eeeeeeew my Juventus team is too weak for the Champions League uuuh I am a bald twat so i got a hair transplant uuuh I need better players to be competitive in Europe.

Allegri comes and takes Juve to the CL final not once but twice. Big middle finger to Conte.

I really want to see Conte out of Chelsea, hope a player smashes his face whiny moaning arrogant fraud

he drove Costa out, kicked out Zouma who was in the starting XI under Jose... what the hell is wrong with this clown at the touchline? He doesn‘t promote youth at all. Kennedy was also playing under Jose, Anflopio c**te sent him awayy.. f**k off back to Italy you crying overrated loser.

Edited by ZAYN-CFC