Danny Drinkwater

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

8 hours ago, Liam said:

You've finally seen through Mikel I see. Slightly surprised to see you rate Jokanovic at the top of your scale though. I would disagree on Drinkwater and would give him a 3 as I thought he did ok.

Jokanovic's managerial career has been... interesting. Bizarre but oddly effective.

• 1 month later...

Apparently DD will be looking to leave in the Summer due to being frustrated with lack of game time 

I still have no idea why we signed this guy, it was so clear to see he was never going to be good enough for us. We had the likes of Van Ginkel, Pasalic, Chalobah, Baker and RLC who are all on a similar level or better than him yet we loaned or sold those players and spent 35 million on him

At least someone like Bakayoko had potential. Drinkwater is as average as they get 

He's a decent player, and if bakayoko had made a bigger impact, and fabregas played more like he did last season, then having drinkwater would've been okay for depth. 

As it is, he is just another midfielder not quite good enough for us to be where we want to be. 

We need reinforments in the centre of the park in the summer, so at least one of drinkwater, bakayoko, or fabregas, need to move on. 

Fabregas brings experience, and he also is going into his last year, Bakayoko is young and came with a big price tag, so it would appear DD is the odd one out, although I would hope bakayoko is moved on aswell.

Just hoping we recoup £20m odd for him, maybe from someone like West ham. 

It looked like a waste off money in the summer, with RLC, and Van ginkel on the books. Sadly it is looking like it will price to be the case.

With Bakayoko and Fabregas being so poor this season, he deserved more of a chance, but saying that, i don't think he is anywhere near good enough for us and i was against the signing from the beginning. To pay over £30m for such a mediocre player was terrible business from us.

Seeing as we are so good at selling players for a lot of money, hopefully we can get back some of that money spent. It will be a miracle if we can get anymore than £15m though.

£70m+ spent on Bakayoko and Drinkwater, two players that aren't even any better than a player we sold for £40m and a player we sent out on loan.....terrible business.

Would be amazed if one of him or Bakayoko aren’t sold in the summer.

Can imagine Drinkwater ended up at West Ham or Everton.

Injuries have played a big part in his little game time but you get the impression that Conte isn’t particularly keen on him anyway.

I think it's fair he could have expected a little run in the side at times this year to try and reinvent the brilliant partnership he had with Kante at Leicester.

It's a team game and these 2 worked really well at Leicester. Given how bad Bakayoko and Fabregas have been this year it was surely worth a try?

2 hours ago, Sparkz said:

Apparently DD will be looking to leave in the Summer due to being frustrated with lack of game time 

I still have no idea why we signed this guy, it was so clear to see he was never going to be good enough for us. We had the likes of Van Ginkel, Pasalic, Chalobah, Baker and RLC who are all on a similar level or better than him yet we loaned or sold those players and spent 35 million on him

At least someone like Bakayoko had potential. Drinkwater is as average as they get 

Drinkwater is a premier league winner who was probably the next best player behind vardy, mahrez and kante in that leicester team. He also has experience in the CL. Saying any of those players are at his level is doing a disservice to him tbh. I could argue loftus-cheek should have stayed with us, but conte was intent on playing him as a bloody striker. 

Just now, Total-Football said:

He is awful though and looked awful whenever he was played. It's just telling how sh*t our options are that the fans are looking to him as a beacon of hope.

He hasn't been awful. He had some poorer games coming back from injury, but once he was getting more game time he was looking much better. Can't expect him to do much without the consistent minutes. Fabregas gets played week in, week out without contributing much at all. 

2 hours ago, Slojo said:

If you were benched to a player like Bakayoko it's bound to be frustrating... Who can blame him? 

The guy never got given his chance but he played well considering the games he played in, Conte strangely trusted him to play in all the big games but wouldn't play him in any other games. 

Bakayoko and Cesc. If anything, DD should be the first choice CM next to Kante. 

Totally agree though, who can blame him. Another under-utilized player. Lets hope we keep him and flog off cesc for the next season. Bring in RLC and play him in europa.

8 hours ago, didierforever said:

Bakayoko and Cesc. If anything, DD should be the first choice CM next to Kante. 

Totally agree though, who can blame him. Another under-utilized player. Lets hope we keep him and flog off cesc for the next season. Bring in RLC and play him in europa.

I don't see the point in playing Kante next to Drinkwater, I mean it's not like those two won a league together. 

On 4/11/2018 at 20:29, ForeverCarefree said:

Can imagine Drinkwater ended up at West Ham or Everton.

"West Ham United have been alerted to Danny Drinkwater’s frustration at Chelsea as they draw up their summer transfer plans.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport this week, Drinkwater will consider his future at the end of what has been a hugely disappointing first season at Stamford Bridge."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/13/west-ham-alerted-danny-drinkwaters-frustration-chelsea-weigh/

Told ya. 

On 11/04/2018 at 19:38, Sparkz said:

Homegrown quota, same as Barkley. It is a bit lazy scouting wise.

Leicester took the money & paid £15m for Ndidi who is a better player 

Edited by ducavis

Don't have a problem with selling him, get RLC back in there. Was a stupid signing anyway, paid way over the odds for an average player. Hopefully we can loan out Bakayoko while we're at it. How desperate are West Ham?

What a waste of time transfer this was. Never thought we needed Drinkwater - extremely underwhelming signing so no surprise how it has turned out and we'd have been better of keeping Chalobah or Ake (won't say RLC as I know he needed more game time).

1 hour ago, ForeverCarefree said:

"West Ham United have been alerted to Danny Drinkwater’s frustration at Chelsea as they draw up their summer transfer plans.

As revealed by Telegraph Sport this week, Drinkwater will consider his future at the end of what has been a hugely disappointing first season at Stamford Bridge."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/04/13/west-ham-alerted-danny-drinkwaters-frustration-chelsea-weigh/

Told ya. 

I told you 1st ☺

22 hours ago, ForeverCarefree said:

Told ya. 

I just saw this, cheeky swap deal for Lanzini I reckon!

• 3 weeks later...