Danny Drinkwater

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

On 25/07/2018 at 01:33, ForeverCarefree said:

Linked with a move to Crystal Palace today. 

Says a lot that the clubs that have been rumoured to show an interest have been Palace, West Ham, Newcastle. 

Was never likely to establish himself in the 1st team and was too expensive for a squad player. 

I can see him going to either West Ham or Crystal Palace but not for big money.

10 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

I can see him going to either West Ham or Crystal Palace but not for big money.

I thought West Ham but they’ve spent quite a lot already and already signed Whilshere so I’m not sure they’ll be looking at Drinkwater considering we apparently want £30m for him.

I reckon Everton, Palace or back Leicester.

I actually think in the right environment, right formation and tactical set up, he could still be a good Sarri type of player. Bit of a "water carrier" but he could still work well for us. But if he is surplus there is no point loaning or keeping him in the background preventing the kids to come through. Baka on the other hand should just be bombed as soon as.

4 hours ago, General said:

no wonder Conte was pissed off so much, him and Baka are complete jokes (77 million quid FFS) of signings by the Russian bird

Who is to say they weren't his signings? He consistently played Bakayoko when he was dreadful in hopes that he would come good. And as for Drinkwater, he spoke highly of Drinkwater and Kante before he came to Chelsea. 

3 hours ago, Slojo said:

Who is to say they weren't his signings? He consistently played Bakayoko when he was dreadful in hopes that he would come good. And as for Drinkwater, he spoke highly of Drinkwater and Kante before he came to Chelsea. 

There are a group of Chelsea fans, that decide that all successful signings are the managers, and all unsuccessful signings are the clubs, with no evidence. 

3 hours ago, kiwi1691 said:

There are a group of Chelsea fans, that decide that all successful signings are the managers, and all unsuccessful signings are the clubs, with no evidence. 

No, they decide the unsuccessful signings are Marina's fault. Just as it was with Emanalo before. Its like they think there's one person at the club that wants to f**k us over and waste all our money on sh*t. Worst type of fan. 

1 hour ago, EdinburghBlue said:

£77 million on Bakayoko and DD... that’s frightening & to think that there was people who thought Pogba was too expensive when we were linked with him the year before for £80m!!

Both complete wastes of money and whether they were signed by Conte or the club, we need to cut our losses and get rid.

Add Zappacosta in there and it's over £100m. It reminds of Arsenal's strategy, spend money, but spend it on mediocrity.

On 01/08/2018 at 14:16, Scott Harris said:

Add Zappacosta in there and it's over £100m. It reminds of Arsenal's strategy, spend money, but spend it on mediocrity.

You look how Juventus spend there money and look at there squad its much better than ours just by good scouting and being clever.  The amount of money we have wasted in the last few years is painful, and the players we should of kept.

5 hours ago, jack_super_class said:

You look how Juventus spend there money and look at there squad its much better than ours just by good scouting and being clever.  The amount of money we have wasted in the last few years is painful, and the players we should of kept.

With little doubt for one the ten richest clubs in the world, our recruitment isn't  well run. Post Jose's return to the club we seem to have moved from our buy young strategy to a 'buy whoever we can get' strategy. Since the summer of 2014-15 we've paid big money for so many players not at the level.

Here are the sums:

Screenshot_20180805-070206.thumb.jpg.c24795577e6ef24ade784e284b27fd26.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-070335.thumb.jpg.cc6f3cef43eeae0128154b7149b751f8.jpg

Screenshot_20180805-070410.thumb.jpg.25e12f05865a78db0654af71a2dc5765.jpg

Include Jorginho and Cuardrado and that's close to 500m in recruitment. Half a billion dollars! 

Of that list, assuming we dont know how Jorginho will turn out, how many apart from Kante would you buy again? 

12 minutes ago, charierre said:

@Spiller86that's half a stadium. We have become pennywise pound stupid at boardroom level. 

The crazy thing is that at a corporate level we've done really well getting new sponsors and the like. Our non football revenue is sky high. But we're wasting sooo much of it on medicore players who then put those sponsorship deals at risk by underperforming on the field and damaging the club as a premium brand.

There must be questions asked at the  very least about Scott McLaughlan who is head of scouting and seems to be identifying these players (although I suspect agents have more of a hand in our recruitment than he does).

5 minutes ago, Sexyfootball said:

Only wasted about £160M by my reckoning ... that's competitive with Man United, Real Madrid & Barcelona for sure. Most big clubs have had dud signings ...

I'd disagree we've only wasted 160. We wasted that much last season alone.

Also the three clubs you mention have much higher revenues than us. Simple fact is we can't afford to get it wrong as often as they do.

Edited by Spiller86

I don’t think it’s fair to lump DD in with Bakayoko, he’s had limited time and been nothing special. Bakayoko on the other hand has proved himself - to be total sh**. Selling Baka / giving away / paying someone to take away should be priority.

dud signings nothing new.. robert fleck, Chris Sutton, sheva, Torres.

Said at the very beginning that this guy was never Chelsea quality...and now we're going to have to give him away to get him off the books...I can only see him going as a part exchange deal as his wages are high...besides I don't want him choking Mason Mount's development next season...