32 minutes ago, dkw said:

I think he will be looked on as a similar signing to Alonso by the end of the season.

And that hasn't worked out too bad has it? Even the most mopiest of mopers can't argue with that!

People need to chill, Drinky is a great addition, very happy.

Edited by Gem

Not a bad signing by any means, but I'm not jumping for joy either. He'll improve our squad, but will he improve the team???

Do I think he's better than Matic? yes. Matic has been very poor last season, so I think he's a better replacement, but I wouldn't choose him over Bakayoko or Fabregas. At least he'll be good to come in and give them rest for the lesser teams, so I can't complain too much.

Not a bad signing by any means, but I'm not jumping for joy either. He'll improve our squad, but will he improve the team???

Do I think he's better than Matic? yes. Matic has been very poor last season, so I think he's a better replacement, but I wouldn't choose him over Bakayoko or Fabregas. At least he'll be good to come in and give them rest for the lesser teams, so I can't complain too much.

I totally agree with this

I am happy we got another body in, but I honestly dont see him becoming a fixture in the team. He will be a reliable back up though. There is still this no notion that fabregas should never play in a 2 man midfield, when he has been involved regularly in 2 titles wins, and was motm against the 7th best team in 2, just last week. 

Even in games against the rest of the top 6, if we play 352 then I would expect the 3 man midfield to be kante, bakayoko and fabregas. So I think his chances will be limited, but it is nice to have another Englishmen in the squad, and if he is happy with whatever minutes he gets and sticks around for a few years, he will be an excellent signing, even at £35m. 

Welcome and good luck danny. 

We needed another CM and now we have it. I'll be honest I'm neither excited nor too disappointed in this signing either. I think he can do a credible job for us, but I don't think he's more than a slightly above average PL CM. Hope he proves me wrong, nice to have another English player I suppose too. 

Edited by Celery1989

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...