Atletico Madrid Vs Chelsea (CL) Wed 27 Sep 2017 KO 19:45 GMT

A very impressive first half ruined by a brainless decision by Luiz. A player of his experience shouldn't be doing that. Atletico have come into the game more in the last few minutes and we could have been further behind.

But to look at it positively, the performance has been good. Hazard and Morata have caused their backline problems and I fancy us to get at least one goal tonight. How many points we get I think will come down to whether or not we can cut the mistakes out at the back.

Think we could probably all see that coming. Play really well, loads of chances, can't score, they sucker-punch us.

Stupid from luiz, i'm not defending him, but you see that sort of thing about 5 times a game and really wasn't much different from the one at the other end on Alonso.

Also, from the moment the penalty was given, Luiz has been all over the place. He's been constantly out of position and that chance they had at the end, he was jogging back with his back to the ball when they were running at the box, then half-heartedly closed it down. I don't know what's going on, but he's lost his head.

If Luiz continues like this, then i wouldn't be surprised if we see Christensen take his spot sooner than we thought he would. It's all well and good Luiz playing well for the majority of a game, but if he is going to keep having these moments, then surely Conte would rather have someone more reliable defensively. 

2 minutes ago, ChelsaePirate said:

Morata wasted two chances 

Fabregas is a waste of space ..we are one man down as Cesc is missing

Not sure what your problem with Fabregas is. Bringing on Willian or Pedro would completely change our shape. They're not central midfielders. Why would Conte change the entire shape of the team when we're dominating? 

FOR F*CKS SAKE. I hate this. I have nothing to say, dont know how we're losing 1-0. Damn man hazard's post hit and morata's header. Should have scored from both. So annoying to be losing. And atletico know how to park the bus better than us. We gona have a tough time trying to win this now.

8 minutes ago, EdinburghBlue said:

100% a penalty and I'm not denying that but if you're going to let Juanfran away with basically hugging Alonso and pushing him across the box you can't be giving a penalty for a shirt grab. It's one or the other. 

God forbid I sound like a Liverpool fan but it's like one rule for us and a completely different set for the teams we play.

good job you caught yourself on there - don't want to sound like a Scouser!  

really frustrating though DL had no need to grab him - here's hoping we get an equaliser 

2 minutes ago, ChelsaePirate said:

Fabregas as a wing I thought that was a joke

Replace him by Pedro

or they will double their lead

I think Luis is very uncomfortable playing with Cahill at the Back

What are you struggling with here? Fabregas is not playing on the wing. We're playing with three in the centre of the park. 

Change to a two and against strong sides we'll be cut through. 

3 minutes ago, Zeta said:

Also, from the moment the penalty was given, Luiz has been all over the place. He's been constantly out of position and that chance they had at the end, he was jogging back with his back to the ball when they were running at the box, then half-heartedly closed it down. I don't know what's going on, but he's lost his head.

He messed up a few moments before the penalty too. He charged out in typical Luiz style and left the defence exposed and they almost got through.

We should have scored from our changes. I sence this is changing to Atletico. If you look at the positive things: Bakayoko and Kante are fabulous duo in the midfield. Our wing backs, exspecially Moses, have been quite bad. Some changes: Pedro in for Cesc?

All our play is coming down the middle. We desperately need quality wingbacks who can run past and cross the ball in. Moses has been decent but alonso has offered nothing so far. Please god a draw will be good, I dont want us to lose to atletico again, that 3-1 still hurts. 

Luiz was at fault but the criticism on here is absurd. He's been a rock for us since he signed, no player is free from those sort of things. It's football 

we should have taken our chances, you can't expect to dominate the play and waste several great opportunities and not regret it playing a side this good.