Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

I don't hold any grudge towards Torres, I only feel sorry for someone who must feel awful about losing his skill and the support of his home crowd. Despite all the big BIG bucks, it must be a horrible experience to realise you're no longer good at your job, but unable to hide in anonimity, as us underpaid grafters can do if we're sh*t at our jobs.

Edited by Valerie

Feel sorry for the guy on a professional level, but on a personal level don't give a t*ss. The amount of support that guy received from us at every single game was completely unparalleled in Chelsea's modern history. And did he ever reciprocate? Did he F***.

Exactly. And it was always about how the style of play didn't suit him or how he was being benched for no reason, or some other excuse but never admitting that he was playing poorly. This is a fellow Spanish flop recently, notice the difference.

Roberto Soldado: I feel ashamed when Tottenham Hotspur fans cheer my name as I haven't been good enough

‘From the first minute I’m involved, even before I’ve done anything, the fans show they believe in me, and I feel ashamed at not being able to satisfy them,’ he said, ‘It’s hard when they sing.

‘I hear them chanting my name and if I miss a chance, I feel bad. I can’t thank them enough. I just hope I can reach the level they expect and take advantage of the great players around me.

‘If only I knew that little something that’s missing for me to find my form, really show my game and for the goals to start flowing. I am reassured, though, because the manager (Pochettino) is giving me more minutes on the pitch.

Looks like his return to Atletico is inevitable now.

Good ending for Torres all things considered. He gave his best, or least I think he did at times, for us but it just didn't work out. Liverpool ruined him and we were left to pick up the millions of pieces.

All the best Fernando.