Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Torres: stay or go?  

225 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

Torres on his relationship with Mourinho:

'The press will always try to make stories but the truth is Jose and I have a very good relationship. We shared a relationship of honesty and trust. I have nothing but respect for him and I am sure that he feels the same.

'There is no truth about him forcing me out of Chelsea. I wanted to play regularly and he was honest with me and told me he couldn't promise me that. If he is ever in Madrid I would buy him dinner, we are friends.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2892601/Fernando-Torres-respect-Jose-Mourinho-Madrid-buy-dinner.html

Atletico Madrid unveiled striker Fernando Torres to 45,000 fans at Vicente Calderon Stadium on Sunday.

Torres, 30, is returning to his boyhood club seven-and-a-half-years after leaving to join Liverpool.

His loan from AC Milan, which runs until the end of the season, does not become official until Monday but he watched Saturday's win over Levante.

"I was missing something to motivate me, something that I could only find here," said Torres.

I guess he is gonna start banging them in now, since he's motivated now.... Haha, conman

Edited by Zola

This is his last chance now as if he can't perform here he's done for mine!

I'm amazed by how fond the Atletico fans are of him after so many years but I hope he does well for them. 

Edited by Jezz

Have to confess I'm intrigued by the return to Atletico. Will be watching tomorrow night. Just realised too that Fernando made more league appearances for us than he did for Liverpool.

Yes very true. He seemed to have more injuries at Liverpool than he did with us ironically even though his injuries at Liverpool have curtailed his career somewhat. His appearances and stats with both clubs:

Liverpool (2007-2011) - 142 Appearances, 81 Goals

Chelsea (2011-2014) - 172 Appearances, 45 Goals