Torres - The "Groundhog Day" Thread

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Torres: stay or go?  

226 members have voted

1. 1. Torres: stay or go?

• Stay
    • Go

I think there are plenty of posters on the forum who have voiced their fears and doubts about Torres without having "completely turned on him"

myself included.

In my opinion hes often been a weak link up front and the last player I'd want with the ball in a shooting position when we need a Goal but when he is in that position I am urging him on the same as I would if it was any player in a Blue shirt.

My main gripe is hes been given a very easy ride as in minutes on the pitch for a striker that looks short on confidence and noticably uncomfortable when he gets the ball in a threatening position, its a squad game and he should fight for his place like any striker has to.

I doubt that he will ever be a striker that puts fear into the opposition like he once was and l think this team deserves to kick on and feel we need a new striker here in January if we are really going to be title contenders come may, I think Danny deserves a shot in a few games before the window as if he doesn't get that shot he will almost certainly want out and even though I've not seen anything from him to say he can be a better fit than Torres for us, he has waited in the back up role and not had the time he deserves to see if he can shine.

A top striker on form, a Torres of 3 or 4 years ago, a Van Persie, Aguero, Tevez, Falcao would have done enough to have us top of the league and looking over our shoulders at this stage (IMO) and the time Nando has had to again be that man looks to me to have been enough if he ever was going to be, I would happily have him stay and fight for his place with a new striker and Danny but would love to see the starting place won on merit.

I honestly think Sheva made all the same "right moves" in his time here...he worked hard, scored a few Goals but was not the threat he once was and he never got anything like the support or time to turn it round that is allowed to Torres, ok the years were less in his favour but he never went out and failed to put in a shift either, when people posted how his legs were gone and he looked like he was running in sand he never got the same support and he had an excuse for it.

I don't say Torres shouldn't get our support, hes a Chelsea player and thats enough to say he should but so is Sturridge and he deserves a few starts before its too late for him.

Edited by Chippy

Let him go back, most finished players usually go somewhere they love but have no hope of winning anything again. He came, he won some medals, earned big bucks and now can go back to the dippers and retire his trophy cabinet.

So I'm officially the only person on this forum that hasn't completely turned on Torres?

Nope. It's just all the people who havn't turned on him don't comment on this page anymore because look at what it has turned in to! A striker scores a few goals that has no relevance to the torres debate yet people feel the need to come on here and ridicule torres because of it.

Nope. It's just all the people who havn't turned on him don't comment on this page anymore because look at what it has turned in to! A striker scores a few goals that has no relevance to the torres debate yet people feel the need to come on here and ridicule torres because of it.

This

Might sound a bit off topic but Huntelaar said he's going to decide his future in January, so possible transfer target to pair up with Torres?

From article: "A report in The Sun newspaper claims Schalke will accept a £7 million bid, and his representative Arnold Oosterveer suggested the Netherlands international is looking for a new challenge."

This is the kind of price tag I can feel safe getting behind.

"He wants his future planned by the winter. In the next 45 days he wants to know his next project and it will be decided by his football ambitions and not by money. His dream is to fight to win titles in Europe and to have chances to be successful, because today he is one of the best strikers in Europe."

I heard this too, and also that Suarez is leaving Anfield next season, now he's realised what a dinosaur of a club he plays for.

it depends on how we do in the transfer market but i really doubt suarez will leave anytime soon, he's generally been quite a loyal player and although our actions in his trial made us look like right bellends i think it showed we were willing to stick by him.

I have mixed feelings about the whole torres thing if he were to come back, not because i feel like he was a traitor, like some stupid liverpool fans thought (I never got that, it's just a game for f**k sake), but cause he's obviously not the same player he was here, but i always have this hope that he'd come back and be the same old torres banging in the goals, f**k it i'd love him back, think he'd work out a lot better in our team and i'm basing that on absolutely nothing but nostalgia.

The pricetag is the best part! Not too expensive, surprisingly cheap to be honest! Apparently Arsenal, Tottenham and Liverpool are after him as well which isn't great...

We can outbid any of those 3.

We are higher in the table than any of those 3.

We are the reigning Champions of Europe.

Those 3 teams don't scare me as competition should Roman decide to pursue him.

We can outbid any of those 3.

We are higher in the table than any of those 3.

We are the reigning Champions of Europe.

Those 3 teams don't scare me as competition should Roman decide to pursue him.

All your points are valid, except the outbid one. If we start a biding war, that takes away the low price..

A bidding war wouldn't work anyway if (insert source here) were correct. He's choosing where he goes based on his ambitions not the money apparently.

Huntelaar doesnt decide the transfer sum. If one team bids more, the others wont have a chance to negotiate a contract with the player, regardless what Huntelaar "wants".

Can't he make a choice though? I know a team can outbid another team, but if he really didn't want to go to (for example) Arsenal, would he have to anyway if they bid the most?

Off course he doesnt have to go if he doesnt want to. But not in a million years will a team bidding five millions less get their bid accepted.