Eden Hazard - Chelsea Legend

Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

Hazard is a player I have been harsh on in that past. I suppose for the hype and price we paid I expected an instant Ronaldo quality player. He is quite young still and now showing what a gem he is. I have never been so happy to get something wrong.

The only thing he is lacking in his game right now is goals. He really needs to put more in. His dribbling is on par with messi hands down. Hazard cannot be marked ffs lol.

Hazard isn't better than Neymar, come on

Do people believe Hazard can reach Messi/Ronaldo level?

Can reach?  Sure.  He has amazing talent.

I'm not sure if he will or won't ever reach that level, but he's already one of the best few players in the Premier League at 23.  If he keeps developing, he could absolutely end up as a ballon d'or candidate.

I agree that right now those comparisons are premature.  Also, it's certainly possible that he's already reached his peak at a relatively young age.  But I definitely understand why some are so eager to predict even greater things for his future.

I really don't see how neymar is that good. Most times I've seen him play for barca, he's never shown anything special. Even playing for Brazil he's never really shone that brightly. He seems very overrated tbh.

Neymar is an excellent player and he'll rise even higher, enjoyable to watch. Hazard is something else though. Hopefully, he can score some more goals but he is already our top scorer (I think).

Why do people need Hazard to score more goals? Why does he have to be the next Messi? If he's scoring around 20 a season and setting up 30 I'd be happy with that, and in his current form(and with a better striker), he's definitely capable of that.

Edited by footballoholic

Why do people need Hazard to score more goals? Why does he have to be the next Messi? If he's scoring around 20 a season and setting up 30 I'd be happy with that, and in his current form(and with a better striker), he's definitely capable of that.

Scoring more goals will move him into that next bracket. His game is already very complete: superb dribbling, balance, touch, pace, vision and can finish with both feet. He needs to have second striker-like movement to improve his output, something Neymar has developed very well. It's unfair to compare any top player to Messi and Ronaldo without them playing for a dominant team in that lopsided league.

Hazard has an important season coming up next year when he is 24/25 years of age.... That is when I think you can make a real judgement on his potential. Looking very promising at the moment. He was getting criticised last season for being quiet against the big opposition. Well Vs Man City he attempted and completed 16 dribbles. No other person completed more than 6! (stolen of the BBC Website)

hazard wont produce similar amount of goals as messi or ronaldo, theyre different players. Because of the amount of goals those 2 have been scoring thrre now seemd to be this notion that you need to be a great goal scorer to be in the 'top bracket'. id still take zidane over ronaldo or messi, I thought it would nice if we just let hazard become the next hazard, and stop putting totally unrealistic expectations on him.

if we want hazard to score as many goals as ronaldo and messi, then we'd better up sticks and move to spain. ronaldo scored 31 in one season in the prem, but that was a fluke. his other tallies were 4,5,9,17 and 18. hazard isnt far behind that, so it's not like he needs a huge improvement. buying a quality striker will help everyone score more goals, as it will occupy the defenders more and create space for the likes of hazard to move into dangerous positions and score. 

Yes he can improve, but he is currently doing very, very well

hazard is best player in the league and fast making an argument for third best player on the planet. His consistency is amazing and the way he influences the play is quite spectacular for a player his age. We are very blessed to have him in our team and long may it continue. That second goal is the best goal I've seen this league season