JT rumours

Davey Baby

I'l probably be mauled for saying this, but i'm in two minds over this.

One he's Chelsea FC, throughout..

On the other hand, he's been very average, extremely high wages, only declining and no longer a starter. For the money we could easily get a world class Cb to replace him, or bring through a youngster..He's not exactly been the shining star for our club either..I really doubt he'd want to leave with Mourinho on the way back..

This would be a good move for him. One last big payday, for three years no less. Istanbul is a fantastic city to live in. A respectable league, with some cracking derbies and champions league football. Get to work under a great manager in Terim and get to hang out with one of your best footballing mates in Drogba.

I still want to keep him, as I think he is part of our best CB pairing. But the board clearly want him out as they think he is tarnishing the image of the club. Shame as we all know the importance JT has had in our success. 

I would not begrudge him for taking this move as we are not really giving him any incentives to stay.

Hmm this came out of the blue!

I guess it depends where the next Chelsea manager, Jose or otherwise, places him. If he is to be just a back up and Gala would give him this huge deal and he could team with Dider again then is a big opportunity as opposed to our bench for less money.

And if we are successful we will end up with a lot of games, at Gala there would be less and JT has played through so many injuries for us have to wonder how long his body will let him play at the top.

Still though I want him and Lamps to be with us like Scholes and Giggs are for United. So would be a very sad day to see him leave. As it was with Zola. As it was with Drogba.

Guest RFC_CFC

Jose wouldn't let it happen.

Unless he could get in Hummels or Varne then he'd keep JT.

Rafa has probably ruined this season for John

if JT wants to go, i salute him. he will always be a hero in my eyes

these stories only have legs because of our interim though.

if Jose is here next season then JT will be too.

i wouldn't blame JT for leaving the country because of negative media attention but i don't see it happening. He can get a big pay check in Turkey or continue to be a hero at stamford bridge next season when we will challenge for honours and he will be in around the starting lineup. 

It would be a great move for JT but a poor move for us. Only 3 matches to go before the Interim leaves and if, as expected, Jose returns, then I'm sure the uncertainty surrounding JT will disappear.

if JT wants to go, i salute him. he will always be a hero in my eyes

these stories only have legs because of our interim though.

if Jose is here next season then JT will be too.

i wouldn't blame JT for leaving the country because of negative media attention but i don't see it happening. He can get a big pay check in Turkey or continue to be a hero at stamford bridge next season when we will challenge for honours and he will be in around the starting lineup.

Not sure about that if you read some of his interviews lately reading between the lines in my opinion he is considering a move away , I doubt it will be this year but really would not be surprised at all if he did go . I do think he will leave next summer alongside Lamps and Cole if he doesn't go this summer .

I personally think it would be good for his future Management career if he did play abroad for a couple of years

The rise of Luiz I think has unsettled him as he can see the influence Luiz has and how he is a major voice the younger players are flocking around Luiz is clearly being groomed as the next club captain .

If it is perceived that JT is a bad image that Cfc dont want, and this second half of the season seems to bear that out, Rafas strings are being yanked from on high, a fit JT(in his own words) would be one of the first name in the sheet, I still think he is a fabulous footballer, and can do a job, its what the Emperor and his cohorts want that decides this matter.

I don't think Chelsea are going to renew his contract, I see him staying next season but I have feeling he might be leaving after that.

This. One more season I say in a rotational role, then time to move on. I feel we need a new CB. 

This is nonsense, we'd be mad to sell Terry. As long as he is in the dressing room, we still have a dog in the fight against the board and there is still some lingering thread of Chelsea around before we become completely commercialized. Plus he could be clinically dead and he'd still make the bench.

Chelsea is not the same without JT and Lamps. What's with this idea of wanting to sell our iconic figures of the club.

They may not be the same players as a few years ago, but they're nothing short of legends, and they should be treated as such. I'm sick of our club doing this.

Performance issues aside, the way he galvanises both the team and the wider fanbase would make me very reluctant to sell him. You can't really put a price on such intangibles. Did Man U sell the likes of Neville or Giggs even though their latter-day performances were relatively poor? No - and there was a reason for this. 

Whether he should be a consistent starter, especially given his age, relative lack of form and problems with injury (even in his prime) is another question altogether. 

The only problem I see with JT is the stupid wages and contract the club have given him. For what he offers us as a player, I would not trade him another CB in the world - the main problem is that he is costing us 200k a week and his contract stipulates that he is to be the highest paid player on the team. With the fair-play rules coming, we cannot afford to have a player on those type of wages. When you think about it, clearing him and Lamps of our books would clear 350k in wages a week - which is crazy.

The only problem I see with JT is the stupid wages and contract the club have given him. For what he offers us as a player, I would not trade him another CB in the world - the main problem is that he is costing us 200k a week and his contract stipulates that he is to be the highest paid player on the team. With the fair-play rules coming, we cannot afford to have a player on those type of wages. When you think about it, clearing him and Lamps of our books would clear 350k in wages a week - which is crazy.

We already qualify for the fair play rules anyway. I think people should chill over the financial fair play thing.

Archived