Andreas Christensen

T-val
Eton Blue at the Chelsea Megastore

3 hours ago, Wearyourblue said:

it's annoying watching that miss pop up and hit morata on the shin, christensen goes down for it , then up for it.  Morata just watches, never gets the garbage goals.

The garbage goals are so important too. Diego was a master at them.

• 2 weeks later...

Matt Hughes from The Times is reporting that Maurizio Sarri is annoyed after Andreas Christensen left the Chelsea bench 15 minutes early against Arsenal. The Danish defender went for a toilet break after Sarri made third substitution and never returned to the away dug-out.

If true it shows a lack of professionalism from Christensen and in truth I can see him leaving come the summer. Doesn't seem particularly favoured by Sarri. Comments from his agent/Dad didn't go over well earlier in the season either. 

3 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

We aren't going to have many players left by the sounds of it. Zappacosta,Cahill,Christensen,Luiz,Hazard, Emerson

That's the risk you run when the manager likes to use such a small squad I suppose. Those on the fringes aren't getting minutes outside of injuries and suspensions so start looking elsewhere. 

I think Luiz is going to renew his contract, I'm not sure he wants to leave but I think the club need to start being more flexible about the length of contract they over players over 30. 

Zappacosta isn't a big loss and rumour is we're trying to convince Napoli to let us have Hysaj on loan until the summer with an option to buy but they'd prefer an immediate sale. 

Sarri wanted a new centre back as soon as he joined, we were heavily linked with Rugani and there were some tentative links to Romagnoli too. I think we'll be in the market for a centre back come the summer and I could see Christensen being sold to fund it. 

I think that Andreas is a gifted young player, but I'm not convinced that he'll ever be the leader at CB we all hoped he could become.  He seems quite timid at times, but maybe that's because both Rudiger and Luiz have a bit of menace about them.  If Christensen left, I'd very much like to see his spot filled by Ampadu.  Or, if Luiz leaves and we need a CB with great vision and passing, then I think that Ampadu fills that spot also.

20 minutes ago, luckywerthers said:

every time bayern make an inquiry should just send them a vid of drogs header and the penalty shoot out 

Send a video of david luizs penalty and have it so just as he smashes it there's a really loud "NOOOOOO"... 

7 minutes ago, dkw said:

Send a video of david luizs penalty and have it so just as he smashes it there's a really loud "NOOOOOO"... 

best part of that PK was the fact many people were considering Neuer as the Best GK on the Planet - still he didn't come close in stopping that PK

59 minutes ago, jack_super_class said:

Yeah because Christensen never makes any mistakes

All defenders, like all players, make mistakes. Christensen included.

But I can't think of any who make basic defensive errors with the regularity of David Luiz nor over such a prolonged period time. As I have said on another thread he is capable of wildly different levels of performance. Sometimes in the same match.

Christensen was great up until his injury last season, but then seemed to lose form and confidence. There have been signs in recent weeks that he is returning to form though. I would like to see hom get another run in the first team.

6 hours ago, dansubrosa said:

Not even his best penalty. Champions league final was better

Man I disagree... that one was great... his plant foot is pointing to the left post, at full speed and he puts a good shot at the right.

Not only did he run up and crack it... but he added deception.

CHO transfer request is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Christensen is surely set to also hand in a transfer request in the summer having been completely overlooked so far.

It's an important part of his career and he can't continue like this.

Some won't be bothered by the looks of things, but I fully expect him to develop into a very effective centre back.

22 minutes ago, Nickcook26 said:

CHO transfer request is just the tip of the iceberg. 

Christensen is surely set to also hand in a transfer request in the summer having been completely overlooked so far.

It's an important part of his career and he can't continue like this.

Some won't be bothered by the looks of things, but I fully expect him to develop into a very effective centre back.

He's no good for the way Sarri is playing. Christensen isn't someone who want to be pinging 40 yard diagonal balls out of the defence for 90 minutes. 

He's very safe on the ball most of the time and he's natural game is to play out to someone close by as low risk as possible. 

Change the system and ask the defence to get the ball forward into midfield as quickly as possible and he'd look much better but he's never going to thrive when he's expected to be one of the players receiving the ball more often then most players in the side. 

7 minutes ago, ForeverCarefree said:

He's no good for the way Sarri is playing. Christensen isn't someone who want to be pinging 40 yard diagonal balls out of the defence for 90 minutes. 

He's very safe on the ball most of the time and he's natural game is to play out to someone close by as low risk as possible. 

Change the system and ask the defence to get the ball forward into midfield as quickly as possible and he'd look much better but he's never going to thrive when he's expected to be one of the players receiving the ball more often then most players in the side. 

Agree he’s not going to ping outstanding balls every game but I’d much prefer our defenders to actually be able to defend. Luiz has been caught having a shocker a few times this year - last night, Spurs, United. He’s a terrific talent on the ball but over his whole career it’s been proven time and time again. He cannot defend. He’s brilliant in a three because there’s two other CB’s covering for him. In a 4 he’s always going to be a liability defensively. Not that any of the back four covered themselves in glory last night.